Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway - Disneyland

mickEblu

i really hope they do update the area, maybe they can find a way of adding partial coverings to the land to help with the evening closures.

I still wonder how difficult or costly it would be to add a roof to the area. Seems like any cost would eventually be paid off by the lowering the cost of land refurbishment due to sun exposure and fall off from fireworks.

They would be able to add some pretty amazing visual effects and lighting and turn the land into an attraction of its own.

I think that could really bring Toontown to life but what would that building look like from the Small World Corrdidor? I’d imagine it would have to be pretty tall so effectively pull off the illusion.

Did they pull it off with Mermaid land at TDS? Or does it feel stuffy?

mickEblu

Weren't they planning on moving the launch site to prevent that from happening?

I think there was a small rumor about it moving closer to the TDA building. The fact that they re moving towards Projection only shows kind of tells me they re not moving the site but just limiting the fireworks.

BrianLo

I'm usually the supreme negative clone person.

This doesn't bother me though. I don't think it's Disneyland favouritism. I think it just feels like a Mickey ride should be more widespread amongst the resorts. Just like the train. It feels like more of a staple that they are 60-odd years late getting to.

I also helps when it doesn't feel shoehorned. DL has a perfect spot that feels organic for it and legitimizes a land I previously thought needed to be ripped out.

What I don't like though is that DHS has gone through a "massive overhaul" and the only thing it really gained on DL was Toy Story Playland (but also lost GMR and more throwaway stuff like the Backlot Tour and LMA)... Meanwhile DL got SW:GE AND MMRR - cutting almost nothing to do so.

DHS should have gotten their third phase or the extra Star Wars attraction. Controversially I don't think DL needed a third attraction, I think two was perfect for that park.

shortstop

What I don't like though is that DHS has gone through a "massive overhaul" and the only thing it really gained on DL was Toy Story Playland (but also lost GMR and more throwaway stuff like the Backlot Tour and LMA)... Meanwhile DL got SW:GE AND MMRR - cutting almost nothing to do so.
This. It’s disappointing that after tearing up half the park, DHS will have gained only 1 unique ride when all is said in done (if you view A.S.S. as a Mater’s clone).

This is another downside of clones - as a Westcoaster who visits WDW only every few years, DHS 2021 will only be mildly more interesting than DHS 2016 was. DHS will never develop its own identity if it remains a copy & paste hodgepodge of clones from other resorts.

mickEblu

This. It’s disappointing that after tearing up half the park, DHS will have gained only 1 unique ride when all is said in done (if you view A.S.S. as a Mater’s clone).

This is another downside of clones - as a Westcoaster who visits WDW only every few years, DHS 2021 will only be mildly more interesting than DHS 2016 was. DHS will never develop its own identity if it remains a copy & paste hodgepodge of clones from other resorts.

But... they still have the original TOT. And they may be getting an Indiana Jones ride/ land?

Thank you for this btw. Earlier today I was trying to think which Disneyland ride acronym was the most ridiculous and I couldn’t think of it.

Definitely .

EDIT: A.S.S

You gotta wonder if the imagineers did that on purpose just so we have to put periods between the letters of the acronym so we can get arthritis faster due to typing more letters as payback for always critiquing their work.

mickEblu

I'm usually the supreme negative clone person.

This doesn't bother me though. I don't think it's Disneyland favouritism. I think it just feels like a Mickey ride should be more widespread amongst the resorts. Just like the train. It feels like more of a staple that they are 60-odd years late getting to.

I also helps when it doesn't feel shoehorned. DL has a perfect spot that feels organic for it and legitimizes a land I previously thought needed to be ripped out.

DHS should have gotten their third phase or the extra Star Wars attraction. Controversially I don't think DL needed a third attraction, I think two was perfect for that park.

I’m with you until the last paragraph. How could a third attraction for SWL at DL hurt?

VJ

almost nothing? ALMOST NOTHING?! Di$$$$$ney NEUTERS Walt's River™, the eighth wonder of the world, the river Walt personally looked at with his own two eyes, the greatest addition to Disneyland in 65 years, and you have the NERVE to say ALMOST NOTHING?!

shame on you, sir.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
almost nothing? ALMOST NOTHING?! Di$$$$$ney NEUTERS Walt's River™, the eighth wonder of the world, the river Walt personally looked at with his own two eyes, the greatest addition to Disneyland in 65 years, and you have the NERVE to say ALMOST NOTHING?!

shame on you, sir.

And don't forget the BBQ and petting zoo, the best BBQ and petting zoo in all the land....

truecoat

And don't forget the BBQ and petting zoo, the best BBQ and petting zoo in all the land....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom