Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway - Disneyland

Rich T

I can see the sky over Disneyland filled with these.

MJDTOYS-X48-Fly-Induction-Flying-Electrict-Toys-Electrict-Radio-Remote-Control-RC-Helicopter-Quadcopter-Drones-For.jpg
...all day...and all of them tracking your cart-browsing habits...:D

Ismael Flores

I know it’s pretty much unofficially official at this point but on the WDW MMRR thread Marni is confirming that MMRR is coming to DLR. 👌

A lot of WDW’ers are upset about their MMRR being cloned. It’s kind of a weird reaction. I get that they re still upset about losing GMR but would knowing that their MMRR is the only version in existence make it more or less fun when they re riding it? Or bring back GMR?

so they are upset because they are cloning MMRR at Disneyland. which is strange because they didn't seem upset that they are getting clones of

SWGE from Disneyland
Tron from Shanghai Disneyland
Ratatouille from Paris

mickEblu

so they are upset because they are cloning MMRR at Disneyland. which is strange because they didn't seem upset that they are getting clones of

SWGE from Disneyland
Tron from Shanghai Disneyland
Ratatouille from Paris

Lol. Good point.

I mean I kind of get it. Everyone wants something that’s unique to them. They want to feel that they lost GMR for something special. But WDW is pretty unique in that it has 4 parks so they got that.

mickEblu

I still don't know who these upset WDWers are. I don't mind clones at all one way or the other and if some WDWer was wailing about their unicorn being cloned elsewhere, I would have wound up arguing with them.

I told you where they were last night. The WDW MMRR thread. Did you look?

Maybe disappointed is a better word than upset?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I told you where they were last night. The WDW MMRR thread. Did you look?

Maybe disappointed is a better word than upset?
I just relooked. One person said it stinks that DHS doesn't have a star unique ride. Another person said they like parks you have a mix of unique and cloned rides. And that's it.

That's hardly enough to say WDWers are against MMRR being cloned.

mickEblu

I just relooked. One person said it stinks that DHS doesn't have a star unique ride. Another person said they like parks you have a mix of unique and cloned rides. And that's it.

That's hardly enough to say WDWers are against MMRR being cloned.

Oh so you just looked back at months worth of posts or just the last few pages?

Anyway, Where did I say that this was some unanimous thing that WDWers were against it or any reference to how many?

😓😥😪😤

How bout Some WDWers. Is that better?

Ismael Flores

I hope that the Runaway Railway addition will cause Toontown to be slightly rethemed. The way it exists currently, it looks a bit dated, so I would like to see it updated to more of a 1920s-1940s classic/old school cartoon feel. I'm thinking something similar to Mickey Avenue at SHDL but not exactly. Basically update the facades to look a bit less 90s and fix the hills so instead of flat surfaces they are actual rockwork like Cars Land, Pandora, or Galaxy's Edge. They should also make the trolley move again and update the music loop. I don't know if any of this will make sense because I'm really struggling to describe what I'm imagining.

i really hope they do update the area, maybe they can find a way of adding partial coverings to the land to help with the evening closures.

I still wonder how difficult or costly it would be to add a roof to the area. Seems like any cost would eventually be paid off by the lowering the cost of land refurbishment due to sun exposure and fall off from fireworks.

They would be able to add some pretty amazing visual effects and lighting and turn the land into an attraction of its own.

mickEblu

Lol my bad. I just looked at my original post... and I said “a lot.”

I should have said some.

Maybe it felt like “a lot “ because everytime I go on the WDW thread (every few weeks) I see a couple posts expressing that they were disappointed it was being cloned. Anyway it was just a passing comment. Didn’t really expect for it to gain so much traction. I honestly don’t care. I’m just happy it’s coming to DLR.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I’m confused

1. You make a claim: "A lot of WDW’ers are upset about their MMRR being cloned."

2. I dispute it. At this point, it's really up to you to verify your claim, but you put the onus on me.

3. I go back through the DHS MMRR thread to the point where the rumor of MMRR was verified by Martin. At that point, the WDWers are now pretty sure there will be clones. But there are only two tepid "don't like cloning" posts since then.

4. Now you want me to go back even farther to when the rumor was less certain to find that there are "a lot" of WDWers who don't like the cloning. I've been following that thread. I never noticed it. And I'm not going back to find those maybe-they-exist posts. I'm quite certain that if they exist, they are as few from back then as there have been recently. That is not "a lot."

5. If those posts had existed, they would have been countered with a dank meme, namely...

But it didn't.

mickEblu

1. You make a claim: "A lot of WDW’ers are upset about their MMRR being cloned."

2. I dispute it. At this point, it's really up to you to verify your claim, but you put the onus on me.

3. I go back through the DHS MMRR thread to the point where the rumor of MMRR was verified by Martin. At that point, the WDWers are now pretty sure there will be clones. But there are only two tepid "don't like cloning" posts since then.

4. Now you want me to go back even farther to when the rumor was less certain to find that there are "a lot" of WDWers who don't like the cloning. I've been following that thread. I never noticed it. And I'm not going back to find those maybe-they-exist posts. I'm quite certain that if they exist, they are as few from back then as there have been recently. That is not "a lot."

5. If those posts had existed, they would have been countered with a dank meme, namely...

View attachment 356907

But it didn't.

Beat you to it. I forgot I used the word “a lot.”

But I never wanted you to go back. Who has time for that? I was pointing out that just going back a couple pages doesn’t paint a complete picture.

It was such a throw away comment, I forgot I used the word “a lot.”

mickEblu

I think the reason that the WDW fans are upset is because they lost GMR, but at least they were getting another unique attraction out of it. Now that MMRR is coming to Disneyland (and possibly DLP?) they probably feel angry that they lost a unique attraction for it to be replaced with a ride that can be seen elsewhere.

Personally I'm excited that Runaway Railway is coming to Anaheim. It looks terrific.

That’s exactly what it is. Just don’t use the word “a lot.” 😉

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom