New nighttime show 'Rivers of Light' confirmed to be coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom

kpilcher

I’ve heard the same thing from quite a few people recently. Some I was surprised to hear it from.

Good for them!
I'm working on a largely positive review of SeaWorld's 2018 Christmas Celebration. SeaWorld still has some legit issues to still work on/through but many many people in Central Florida underestimate the quality of their seasonal fests. This one is probably their best.

TalkingHead

It's been several years -- maybe as many as 4 or 5 -- since I went to SeaWorld at Christmas, and even back then their decorations and festivities beat WDW and Universal, hands down. The amount of holiday shows (including a skating one), plus the Polar Express overlay and the decorations, all added up to a delightful seasonal mood. And all of it included with regular admission.

kpilcher

It's been several years -- maybe as many as 4 or 5 -- since I went to SeaWorld at Christmas, and even back then their decorations and festivities beat WDW and Universal, hands down. The amount of holiday shows (including a skating one), plus the Polar Express overlay and the decorations, all added up to a delightful seasonal mood. And all of it included with regular admission.
Polar Express simulator overlay has been replaced by Rudolph meet and greets elsewhere. They are a welcome addition (even though Polar was a far better ride film than the extremely dated Wild Arctic). Santa still meets in the Arctic. Other than that SeaWorld has been building on tradition.

Prototype82

I literally almost made a Disney CM cry after showing her photos of some of my Shaman watercolors...Next month is April...If there's a shot of them returning, next month should be it. I'm not holding on hope though. Has the show still remained unchanged? I haven't bothered to see it in months...

Last edited:

cjkeating

I literally made a Disney CM cry after showing her photos of some of my Shaman watercolors...Next month is April...If there's a shot of them returning, next month should be it. I'm not holding on hope though. Has the show still remained unchanged? I haven't bothered to see it in months...

Let's hope so. No sign of Rafiki's reopening so I'm not holding out hope. :(

TTA94

If we can't get the Shamans back, the firefly idea was kind of interesting...

Hopefully I’m wrong but I doubt the Shamans will come back.

If RoL was more like World of Color, sadly with IP, it would be extremely popular. Although I’m not sure that would ever work due to wind and beeeze factors. As it is you can get pretty wet from just the 4 lotus fountains and the giant water screen.

Squishy

Hopefully I’m wrong but I doubt the Shamans will come back.

If RoL was more like World of Color, sadly with IP, it would be extremely popular. Although I’m not sure that would ever work due to wind and beeeze factors. As it is you can get pretty wet from just the 4 lotus fountains and the giant water screen.
I watched the show front row atleast 8 times already and never felt a drop of water.

Timothy_Q

There's wind only in Florida?

You usually get soaked in WoC if you're close to water.
That's a non issue

TTA94

There's wind only in Florida?

You usually get soaked in WoC if you're close to water.
That's a non issue

Maybe im wrong but I feel like there is a big difference between the water in WoC and RoL lol. Getting wet from WoC doesn’t sound as bad or dangerous as getting wet by the nasty water of RoL lol. I feel like I’m going to catch some nasty bacteria or something lol.
I remember watching Ignite at Sea World during the Summer, getting soaked from their fountains and having black specks on my skin. Gross!

ToTBellHop

Maybe im wrong but I feel like there is a big difference between the water in WoC and RoL lol. Getting wet from WoC doesn’t sound as bad or dangerous as getting wet by the nasty water of RoL lol. I feel like I’m going to catch some nasty bacteria or something lol.
I remember watching Ignite at Sea World during the Summer, getting soaked from their fountains and having black specks on my skin. Gross!
The water in Paradise Bay is nasty, too. At least in Florida, it’s only tropical bacteria.

bubbles1812

I don’t think they probably do that much cleaning (if at all) to the water in Paradise Bay. Having experienced WoC up close and personal, I can tell you it’s definitely not chlorinated by any means. I don’t think I’d feel too much difference with it versus the water in AK, haha.

And I’ll echo what the other poster said. Definitely fireworks ash combined with water. Has happened to me at several of the Florida parks if there’s been a rainstorm right before the night shows. Still gross ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom