MMRR Opening Date Guesses?

Demarke

Have I told you lately that I 👍 you?
Premium Member
Kind of off topic but, man, talk about building a ride that is hidden in plain sight! I mean, they demolished the GMR and rebuilt a brand new ride in a building that is situated right in the middle of an open park! And we have very little photo evidence of the demo or rebuild! Pretty good job by the WDI!!

The guys they found to do it are known for their discretion and ability to make things happen without leaving a trace! I found a picture of the corporate boss and construction manager:

Last edited:

mm52200

Kind of off topic but, man, talk about building a ride that is hidden in plain sight! I mean, they demolished the GMR and rebuilt a brand new ride in a building that is situated right in the middle of an open park! And we have very little photo evidence of the demo or rebuild! Pretty good job by the WDI!!
I mean the work was all done in an existing show building that had backstage access sooooo shouldn’t have been too hard.

dgp602

I mean the work was all done in an existing show building that had backstage access sooooo shouldn’t have been too hard.
Of course it was hard..how do you bring in all the staging and props undetected? How do you demo the old show and remove all of THOSE props undetected? All while doing it in a building in a park that is open everyday and is in plain view of thousands of guests a day?

mm52200

Of course it was hard..how do you bring in all the staging and props undetected? How do you demo the old show and remove all of THOSE props undetected? All while doing it in a building in a park that is open everyday and is in plain view of thousands of guests a day?
By bringing in and removing everything through the giant whole in the back of the building that literally opened up to a service road backstage not anywhere close to guest view.

bclane

My guess is that it will either be end of June (to be humming by 4th of July week) or just before the opening of SWGE. I'm leaning towards June.

Clowd Nyne

They enlisted the help of Merlin

Demarke

Have I told you lately that I 👍 you?
Premium Member
Many of us aren't.
I’m still kicking myself, I don’t think I went on it in 96 on a high school trip, then went back to the parks for the first time 20 years later in 2016 for a short trip with my then gf and remember not getting to the Great Movie Ride or Rockin Rollercoaster at HS and not getting Soarin (closed at the time for refurb) or Energy at Epcot and thinking “well, I’ll probably be back in a year or two, I’ll just ride them then.”

Bought an AP beginning of 2018 and was able to get my fill of Soarin and Rockin Rollercoaster, but never got to experience GMR or the Ellen version of Energy Adventure (I did ride the original in 89! But only remember vaguely getting on the vehicles and riding past the dinosaurs). Also, none of my four post-1996 trips between 2016-2019 coincided with WoL being open as a convention center! 😩

But, on the bright side, missing those sparked my interest in following 2-3 of the sites and joining this board to make sure I don’t miss out on something like that in the future, and am glad to be here!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom