Avengers Campus - Reactions / Reviews

SSG

Great news! Micechat is reporting that due to the Captain Marvel Sergeant Superhero meet & greet taking place next to Superstar Limo, "the Instagram photo walls in this location have been covered up for now."

This CM doesn't look much like Brie Larson. (Photo from MC)

Last edited:

Disney Irish

Premium Member
My point is sometimes Disney finds someone who resembles the actor. Sometimes they find someone with blonde hair and call it good enough.

I think those look-alike CMs are few and far between. I would say personally 99% of the M&G characters I see across the resort look nothing like the actual actors that played them. And I wouldn't expect them to. I'd expect them to look like the character and not that actor, since they are playing a character not the actor playing the character.

TROR

I think those look-alike CMs are few and far between. I would say personally 99% of the M&G characters I see across the resort look nothing like the actual actors that played them. And I wouldn't expect them to. I'd expect them to look like the character and not that actor, since they are playing a character not the actor playing the character.
This really only works with animation and illustrations. With live action, the actor is how the character looks.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
This really only works with animation and illustrations. With live action, the actor is how the character looks.

A character is more than just the actor in the movie that plays them. Clothes/costume, mannerisms, and attitude go a long way into who the character is and how they come across on screen. The same goes for any CM that portrays that character in the Parks, they are not just a face to look like the actor as they are not there to play the actor but rather the character.

Disney is never going to be able to get a look-alike for EVERY live character that is represented in the Park. For example I don't think I've ever seen a Gamora M&G that looks anything like Zoe Saldana. Or a Black Widow M&G that looks anything like Scarlett Johansson. So they do the best they can with the CM pool they have. Besides most of the time most people look past the CM and only see the character anyways.

SSG

The Marvel M&G characters are supposed to be as we know them from the movies. Which means their physical appearance is what we know from the movies. To use an overplayed word, the 'immersion' is better if the M&G character looks like the movie character. In my opinion, anyway.

SSG

A character is more than just the actor in the movie that plays them. Clothes/costume, mannerisms, and attitude go a long way into who the character is and how they come across on screen. The same goes for any CM that portrays that character in the Parks, they are not just a face to look like the actor as they are not there to play the actor but rather the character.

Disney is never going to be able to get a look-alike for EVERY live character that is represented in the Park. For example I don't think I've ever seen a Gamora M&G that looks anything like Zoe Saldana. Or a Black Widow M&G that looks anything like Scarlett Johansson. So they do the best they can with the CM pool they have. Besides most of the time most people look past the CM and only see the character anyways.
It's hit and miss, but I saw a Loki last summer that had a resemblance to Hiddleston and the CM playing Rey looked somewhat like Daisy Ridley. The Star Lord was a total miss

Disney Irish

Premium Member
The Marvel M&G characters are supposed to be as we know them from the movies. Which means their physical appearance is what we know from the movies. To use an overplayed word, the 'immersion' is better if the M&G character looks like the movie character. In my opinion, anyway.
It's hit and miss, but I saw a Loki last summer that had a resemblance to Hiddleston and the CM playing Rey looked somewhat like Daisy Ridley. The Star Lord was a total miss

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree here.

A character from a movie is just that a character not an actor. We have to suspend disbelief when it comes to M&G face characters. We know its actually a CM, but we have to suspend disbelief and look past the CM and just see the character. Does it make it easier to suspend debelief if the CM looks closer to the actor than if they didn't, absolutely. But like I said those are few and far between. Maybe that is easier for me than it is for you to suspend disbelief when they don't look closer to the actor, I don't know. But I can say like I said before 99% of the M&Gs I've seen look almost nothing like the actor themselves, but they did embody the character really well.

Ismael Flores

have they removed the walls around the meet and greet? This weekend they had captain Marvel doing meets but not in the final themed greet area. You were able to see the plane behind the walls but they were still painting walls and adding some other things to the meet

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom