News Star Wars Galaxy's Edge Disney's Hollywood Studios opening date

bclane

This is the right attitude to have, namely, contextualizing the opening date in relation to one's inevitable death.

;)
That's true in so many ways lol.

Now that I've been to Galaxies Edge, I can die in peace.
These crowds are killing me.
These lines are so long my wife is going to kill me.
You spent how much on a lightsaber? You're dead!
I could go on...

Disone

LOL... So what you're really saying is... Everything but "agreed." 🙄

There'd be more excitement too if I won the billion dollar Megaball... But, well, you know. ;)
No exactly what I meant. I truly agree. I thought there would be a lot more excitement. Now that there's not I was just hypothesizing as to what Disney could have done to roll this out with more excitement as the end result.

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
Nope, just know your audience. You’re on a Disney message board that has users who are experienced with visiting the parks and their offerings, and dare I say it may have a different opinion than you do.

This is an everything message board, this section of the message board however is about WDW.

awoogala

If you don’t think a big portion of folks enjoyment of the HP lands hinge on the merch, I’m not sure you’ve been to them. Guests wearing scarves, robes, and wielding wands are EVERYWHERE. It is absolutely a cornerstone of the immersiveness of the land.

What about WDWs recent behavior leads you to believe they will limit crowds to a comfortable level?
True! The sweets shop is amazing! The robe store has mirrors that critique your choices!! The wand chooses the wizard! (then the rest of you are led into the wand shop for your own choice if you weren't chocen). Let alone the butterbeer, the the tavern... and the animal store! Hopefully next year, HP will be less crowded, because I might skip WDW until this SW stuff all calms down. But Disney is not smart if they can't find a way to merch the hell out of SW.

StarFan2019

I’m stoked this is opening early as it just means I’ll have more time to visit during my lifetime. I do wonder if Disney had announced this as a preview or called it a soft opening vs. an official opening date, if that would have avoided some of the complaints. Maybe they could have opened only to resort guests and AP holders only and still filled the place. Of course that would have still angered tons of people just for different reasons..

I think they should have announced this as a soft opening instead of an official opening since everything is not finished yet.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I think they should have announced this as a soft opening instead of an official opening since everything is not finished yet.

The term "soft opening" is for avid fans who are aware that sometimes an attraction opens early without any big fanfare. The general public wouldn't know what a "soft opening" was. "Soft openings" are also a bit spotty with no guarantee of being open from one day to the next or even one hour to the next. Unlike a soft opening, Disney is committed to everything except RotR being officially open.

CJR

Yep. You can go for three days, August 29-31, then are blocked out the rest of the year.

What's funny is that these three days are probably the ones that they would have wanted to block the most. We don't have that pass, we just found humor in that fact.

They seemed to be planning blackout dates around when they thought it would open and got it wrong.

That's really the point of the pass, to push you away from the most crowded days at specific parks. I think they thought late August was safe, so that shows how unexpected this change was from inside the company. To be fair, they were pretty close.

mikejs78

Premium Member
The term "soft opening" is for avid fans who are aware that sometimes an attraction opens early without any big fanfare. The general public wouldn't know what a "soft opening" was. "Soft openings" are also a bit spotty with no guarantee of being open from one day to the next or even one hour to the next. Unlike a soft opening, Disney is committed to everything except RotR being officially open.
Right. A soft opening by definition is an opening that isn't announced.

JohnD

What's funny is that these three days are probably the ones that they would have wanted to block the most. We don't have that pass, we just found humor in that fact.

They seemed to be planning blackout dates around when they thought it would open and got it wrong.

That's really the point of the pass, to push you away from the most crowded days at specific parks. I think they thought late August was safe, so that shows how unexpected this change was from inside the company. To be fair, they were pretty close.

It just seems odd why anyone would want this pass. I can understand blocking out Saturdays for MK and the busy summer season, Epcot having access over the Summer and certain busy periods, and AK blocking out the summer season and certain busy periods, but four straight months of no access in HS? That would be a deal breaker for me.

dvitali

What I am hearing is Smuggler Run entrance to open on the Toy Story side first August 29,while RotR entrance on the muppets side will be open at a later date.

jt04

Of course they will.... but imagine the publicity if they announced upsells today! Wouldn’t be as positive... instead we are hearing about “free” reservations in Calif....

Cool. The more I think about a "WDW Before Hours" (5:00 AM to 7:00 AM) the more I like the idea for Galaxy's Edge. It just might work.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom