News Star Wars Galaxy's Edge Disney's Hollywood Studios opening date

flynnibus

Premium Member
I think it will make it much worse for galaxy edge. Instead of you picking one ride or the other, everyone will be going to one ride... and a few months later the same thing. Although it will be nice for attendance.. instead of one nightmare you get two. So when crowds start to normalize again... BANG ANOTHER NEW STAR WARS RIDE

The number of people who get in line is going to be regulated by the same thing either way - their tolerance for a wait. Having the second attraction would not have altered this any because the demand is still way way more than what the second attraction has to offer anyway.

Some people are going to come out wishing there were more rides... the ones with any common sense will acknowledge its not done yet and there were many many things they spent time looking at and doing.

me_stitch

Premium Member
This was in the article, does this mean, NO FASTPASSES?

"A reservation will not be offered or required to experience Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at the Walt Disney World Resort, although capacity will be limited. Additionally, Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge will be open during Extra Magic Hours"
the article on here says no fastpasses will be offered

flynnibus

Premium Member
It's as if in the past... all those times Disney soft-opened things... and everyone complained they shouldn't have done any soft openings until EVERYTHING was ready. Everyone remember those people?

Yeah.. no, me neither.

So stop acting like Disney is screwing guests by opening things earlier.

This situation helps diffuse some demand, while also giving Disney the ability to walk then run.

PorterRedkey

Media is going to have their own access to the land anyway... what is open to the public or not is not a binding issue there.
It will be hard to review RotR if the media cannot ride it.

If the ride is ready to be ridden, it would be opening with the rest of the land.

RobbinsDad

You're full of it. The shops are a major portion of the Hogsmeade experience.. and why in Diagon Alley it's even more so.
Exactly right. The merchandise/attraction lines are very blurred at WWOHP. Getting your own wand, trying butterbeer - for many HP fans these experiences are more anticipated than the rides themselves. SWGE will be the same way. Fans are going to be just as excited about getting a light saber and eating in the cantina as they will riding Smuggler's Run.

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
Exactly right. The merchandise/attraction lines are very blurred at WWOHP. Getting your own wand, trying butterbeer - for many HP fans these experiences are more anticipated than the rides themselves. SWGE will be the same way. Fans are going to be just as excited about getting a light saber and eating in the cantina as they will riding Smuggler's Run.

I’ll give you the food offerings, but the merchandise looks to be more of the same that has been flooding DHS for the past couple of years.

mikejs78

Premium Member
You're full of it. The shops are a major portion of the Hogsmeade experience.. and why in Diagon Alley it's even more so.
I'm not saying that it doesn't play into it. But when I talk to normal people about HP, none talk about the shopping. They talk about the theming, how it feels like you are really there, the interactive elements, etc (everyone mentions the Butter Beer though). They may mention they bought a wand.

My point wasn't that the shopping experiences aren't important, but that they are not the totality of the land. You can enjoy the land without buying anyrhing. They are part of a much larger whole. And I think Galaxy's Edge will achieve the same effect.

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
It's not just what's on the shelf... but how its all going to be presented and be experienced.

Jezus... does everyone have to be such a debbie downer ?

Nope, just know your audience. You’re on a Disney message board that has users who are experienced with visiting the parks and their offerings, and dare I say it may have a different opinion than you do.

bclane

I’m stoked this is opening early as it just means I’ll have more time to visit during my lifetime. I do wonder if Disney had announced this as a preview or called it a soft opening vs. an official opening date, if that would have avoided some of the complaints. Maybe they could have opened only to resort guests and AP holders only and still filled the place. Of course that would have still angered tons of people just for different reasons..

flynnibus

Premium Member
I'm not saying that it doesn't play into it. But when I talk to normal people about HP, none talk about the shopping. They talk about the theming, how it feels like you are really there, the interactive elements, etc (everyone mentions the Butter Beer though). They may mention they bought a wand.

My point wasn't that the shopping experiences aren't important, but that they are not the totality of the land. You can enjoy the land without buying anyrhing. They are part of a much larger whole. And I think Galaxy's Edge will achieve the same effect.

Actually buying is irrelevant. Simply the experience of window shopping in these lands will be entertainment. And that's very much true in WWOHP and from all tales, Disney has spent a huge amount of effort on that in SW:GE.

So when you are dismissive of the shops being such a part of the experience and significant value for the land being open. I say again.. you're full of it.

The immersion was so binding in HP they even made it into a freaking attraction about the wand shop. Anyone who has read the books or is heavy into the movies is in heaven just walking around the shops AND seeing the type of stuff they sell. Like the animated map, the robes, etc.

I find it hard to believe anyone who spends so much time here hasn't been to WWOHP yet.. but you really reek of not.

erasure fan1

It's as if in the past... all those times Disney soft-opened things... and everyone complained they shouldn't have done any soft openings until EVERYTHING was ready. Everyone remember those people?

Yeah.. no, me neither.

So stop acting like Disney is screwing guests by opening things earlier.

This situation helps diffuse some demand, while also giving Disney the ability to walk then run.
This seems very different than a soft opening. This was the ceo saying it was opening early. I do hope they make it extremely obvious and clear that it isn't 100% open. It would have been a smarter move to just say it's soft opening at this time and it will be open 100% by this time.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Nope, just know your audience. You’re on a Disney message board that has users who are experienced with visiting the parks and their offerings, and dare I say it may have a different opinion than you do.

And clearly many have no freaking clue ... nor have learned to pick up clues about how things can be done and what works.

Keithie21

So this is some 4 months ahead of schedule. Firstly well done disney and imagineering! So, is mickey and minnies railroad and the skyliner also ahead of the planned openings? The skyliner certainly seems almost ready..

flynnibus

Premium Member
This seems very different than a soft opening. This was the ceo saying it was opening early. I do hope they make it extremely obvious and clear that it isn't 100% open. It would have been a smarter move to just say it's soft opening at this time and it will be open 100% by this time.

Oh it's different... but the pain and suffering these guests are going to experience according to all these naysayers is going to be no different.

Will the uninformed complain? Of course they will.. because they always do regardless. That doesn't mean you should penalize everyone for the stupidity of a few.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom