Rumor Version of MaxPass coming to WDW in May?

CaptainAmerica

It is not. It’s a walk in system that doesn’t require ridiculous advance thought for recreation on a micro management scale. Just a flurry of activate while you’re having the fun.
You're referring to the removal of functionality, not the addition of functionality.

MaxPass = (FastPass+) - 60 days + $15

There's nothing you can ADD to FastPass+ for a subset of premium-paying users that would turn it into MaxPass as the OP suggested.

That's the thing, you don't have to book three. You can just go one at 10:00 a.m., for example, set your phone alarm for 90 mins., make another on the same ride for 12:00p, etc.
Um, you can do that at WDW too. You don't have to pre-book three.

AdventureMP4z

I would personally spend $15 per park if I got a package like this:
  • 1 New Ride (Runaway Railway, Millennium Falcon, Rise of the Resistance)
  • 2 E-Tickets (Expedition Everest, Rockin' Roller Coaster, Test Track, etc.)
  • 3 Mid-Levels (Meet Tinker Bell, Star Tours, etc.)
  • 4 Basics (Carousel, Dumbo, etc.)
But only if Disney found a way to:
  • Keep attractions where they belong (Na'vi river journey is NOT an E-Ticket)
  • Have enough rides in Each Park to do this...
  • Keep rides labeled as new for less than 2 years.
  • Made the passes work between as many parks as desired.
  • Offer a gift of some sort among purchase. (Pin, or something.)

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
You're referring to the removal of functionality, not the addition of functionality.

MaxPass = (FastPass+) - 60 days + $15

There's nothing you can ADD to FastPass+ for a subset of premium-paying users that would turn it into MaxPass as the OP suggested.

I don’t see your comparison here...

The problem with Orlando fastpass is that it is under pressure and provides limited flexibility because its open to such a large number of travelers on a given day/time. It’s not just the people in Epcot on a given day you have to worry about...it’s all the people arrived for for a week prior that incessantly tinkering with their plans in 4 parks...too many variables.

Maxpass is an enhanced legacy fastpass that eliminates all that tinkering and takes the other people showing up two days before you out of it. You have to be committed to book anything - I.e.
In the park. Much less crunch and it still eliminated the hated dash.

CaptainAmerica

I don’t see your comparison here...

The problem with Orlando fastpass is that it is under pressure and provides limited flexibility because its open to such a large number of travelers on a given day/time. It’s not just the people in Epcot on a given day you have to worry about...it’s all the people arrived for for a week prior that incessantly tinkering with their plans in 4 parks...too many variables.

Maxpass is an enhanced legacy fastpass that eliminates all that tinkering and takes the other people showing up two days before you out of it. You have to be committed to book anything - I.e.
In the park. Much less crunch and it still eliminated the hated dash.
I understand all of that. I understand the implications of replacing FastPass+ with MaxPass. That's not what the OP suggested.

The OP suggested a scenario wherein FP+ is still in place for the majority of guests, just like it is today, with MaxPass available as an added option for purchase. That framework is the one I dismissed as nonsense, because "MaxPass" is meaningless in a world in which FP+ is already in place.

DisneyCane

So they have data in time to downsize staffing wherever possible?

Maybe but the resort bookings are already made. I assume attendance can be pretty accurately predicted based on this resort bookings. I'd guess the ratio of off site to on site visitors stays pretty constant.

mikejs78

Premium Member
You picked a day (today) in the middle of the week on a relatively dead time for travel (except Louisiana...they’re starting to become practically jerseylike) and used it as end all evidence.

I was there on President's Day Weekend - probably the busiest weekend after Christmas/Easter/Thanksgiving - and was able to get day of FastPasses for pretty much everything I wanted.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I was there on President's Day Weekend - probably the busiest weekend after Christmas/Easter/Thanksgiving - and was able to get day of FastPasses for pretty much everything I wanted.

1. Was it busy?

2. “Pretty much everything”, huh?

Here’s the sitch...unless the attendance is WAY down, there are not enough attractions to comfortably allow usage of the fastpass system as the normal pattern. Nothing has changed there...It’s a numbers game. When the frontline things are gone before the day starts, and the next batch are dried up within hours....what are you getting?

But then again...I’m not gonna spend the day hitting refresh and looking for crumbs in the couch cushions...so it’s probably jsut me.

drizgirl

1. Was it busy?

Here’s the sitch...unless the attendance is WAY down, there are not enough attractions to comfortably allow usage of the fastpass system as the normal pattern. Nothing has changed there...It’s a numbers game. When the frontline things are gone before the day starts, and the next batch are dried up within hours....what are you getting?

But then again...I’m not gonna spend the day hitting refresh and looking for crumbs in the couch cushions...so it’s probably jsut me.
Leftovers?

Are you saying it's not magical to look at your screen all afternoon refreshing the screen waiting for a FP for IASW?

mikejs78

Premium Member
1. Was it busy?

Leftovers?

Are you saying it's not magical to look at your screen all afternoon refreshing the screen waiting for a FP for IASW?
Yes, busiest I've personally seen it. FoP hit a 6 he standby wait one of the days over that weekend. No, I didn't have to refresh forever. < 5 minutes tops for most stuff. Yes, I got IaSW. I also got BTMR, Splash, Space, Buzz, HM, PotC, ToT, Test Track, Soarin, TSMM, and more.

Lensman

Maybe but the resort bookings are already made. I assume attendance can be pretty accurately predicted based on this resort bookings. I'd guess the ratio of off site to on site visitors stays pretty constant.
I'm not as sure about that, but let's think about it together.

The thing that makes me most cautious is that Disney's occupancy rates being consistently high - in the 90's, regardless of season. This means they can't use occupancy as a proxy for theme park attendance. As a result, they'd have to either look at advance booking horizons or average room rate, but both of these are subject to variations and I suspect they aren't accurate to daily granularity.

On a separate subtopic, does the advance FastPass+ system do anything to even out demand across parks? I know it's been mentioned in these forums that FastPass+ increased attendance at attractions like IaSW or SSE because those attractions have available FastPass slots and so people book them as they are sometimes the only ones available. If that is the case, I wonder if FastPass+ encourages attendance at parks that have available vs those where FastPasses are totally booked?

Just a couple of hypotheses for us to discuss in this sharp group of people reading these forums.

The latter hypothesis also raises the notion that FastPass not only serves to reduce or eliminate wait times, but that it helps to increase the number of attractions some visitors go on - perhaps getting them into the optimal 9-11 range that maximizes customer satisfaction. For this goal, a MaxPass equivalent at WDW would fulfill it even though it wouldn't fulfill goal #1 above.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Yes, busiest I've personally seen it. FoP hit a 6 he standby wait one of the days over that weekend. No, I didn't have to refresh forever. < 5 minutes tops for most stuff. Yes, I got IaSW. I also got BTMR, Splash, Space, Buzz, HM, PotC, ToT, Test Track, Soarin, TSMM, and more.

So let me get this straight...

On a holiday weekend...without any effort...you secured 12 + fast passes in 3 parks on no notice?

Wow...and that is a consistent possibility?

So the tens of thousands that are here and in the other neighborhoods that express difficulty are wrong?

It’s a conspiracy???

...I learned something today, fella 😉

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
They could just charge the same amount for Fastpass at they do for a normal 1 day ticket, per day. That's what Universal does.

mikejs78

Premium Member
So let me get this straight...

On a holiday weekend...without any effort...you secured 12 + fast passes in 3 parks on no notice?

Wow...and that is a consistent possibility?

So the tens of thousands that are here and in the other neighborhoods that express difficulty are wrong?

It’s a conspiracy???

...I learned something today, fella 😉
Over 3 days, yes. MK is the easiest to do this with, it took a little longer at Epcot and DHS. Things come available throughout the day, Disney drops extra FastPasses on day of, etc. Didn't make it to AK this time around, so not sure what, if anything, I could have gotten there.

I think most people just don't have the patience... But besides that, people have on many occasions shown wide FP availability just a few days before (with a few obvious exceptions, like FoP, SDD, etc.)

Let's look at this coming Saturday. As of now, I can get FPs for, in each park

MK: Barnstormer, Buzz, BTMR, ETWB, Dumbo, Haunted Mansion, Small World, Jungle Cruise, Tea Party, Aladdin, Pooh, Meet Ariel, All the Princess M&Gs, Meet Tinkerbell, Philharmagic, MILF, Pan, Pirates, Space, Splash, and Mermaid.
Epcot: Spaceship Earth, Soarin, Mission Space, Illuninations, Short Film Fest, Imagination, LWtL, Character Spot, Seas, Turtle Talk
DHS: Disney Jr, Fantasmic, Frozen, Indy, Muppets, Star Tours, Tower of Terror, Mermaid
AK: Dino, Everest, Lion King, Nemo, Bug, Primeval Whirl, Rivers of Light, Up.

Now, this is just at 3 days out. If you go out an additional week, more attractions open up. This isn't rocket science.

DisneyCane

Over 3 days, yes. MK is the easiest to do this with, it took a little longer at Epcot and DHS. Things come available throughout the day, Disney drops extra FastPasses on day of, etc. Didn't make it to AK this time around, so not sure what, if anything, I could have gotten there.

I think most people just don't have the patience... But besides that, people have on many occasions shown wide FP availability just a few days before (with a few obvious exceptions, like FoP, SDD, etc.)

MK: Barnstormer, Buzz, BTMR, ETWB, Dumbo, Haunted Mansion, Small World, Jungle Cruise, Tea Party, Aladdin, Pooh, Meet Ariel, All the Princess M&Gs, Meet Tinkerbell, Philharmagic, MILF, Pan, Pirates, Space, Splash, and Mermaid.
Epcot: Spaceship Earth, Soarin, Mission Space, Illuninations, Short Film Fest, Imagination, LWtL, Character Spot, Seas, Turtle Talk
DHS: Disney Jr, Fantasmic, Frozen, Indy, Muppets, Star Tours, Tower of Terror, Mermaid

Now, this is just at 3 days out. If you go out an additional week, more attractions open up. This isn't rocket science.
Forget patience, how does your phone battery last constantly refreshing MDE all day? A few weeks ago I ride single rider TT and during the whole 15 minute wait tried to get a FoP same day to appear. Unfortunately, it didn't.

Ariel1986

Tens of thousands of people expressing this?? You've read all 10,000 of these posts I assume? Now who's being hyperbolic :cautious:

I have achieved day of FP's too for many attractions including FoP twice on the same trip- it took five mins, sometimes less time refreshing. I checked in the morning when I woke up- or 5 mins when I had used my pre-booked FPs and was looking for the next. My last trip was actually booked 21 days out and I was able to get FP's for everything I wanted before the trip, except for Slinky Dog.

No, FP+ isn't perfect and actually I like the idea of MaxPass. I haven't been back to Disneyland since it started, but I look forward to trying it. But I like FP+ too and I have seen many people express that they HAVE been able to find day of FPs or availability inside the 60 day window lots of times on this board- but they constantly get shouted down multiple times across different threads by the same 10 people. Sorry, I meant tens of thousands of people.

mikejs78

Premium Member
Forget patience, how does your phone battery last constantly refreshing MDE all day? A few weeks ago I ride single rider TT and during the whole 15 minute wait tried to get a FoP same day to appear. Unfortunately, it didn't.

I have a good phone? Honestly I've never run out of battery in the parks with my current phone (Google Pixel 2 XL). Previously I used to take a charging brick and top off during meals.

And you can get most FPs fairly easily even day of. There are a few (FoP) that are a lot harder. It's still possible though - I've done it, the person above has done it... But it's a lot less likely than say, BTMR or Test Track.

LuvWDW2

We were there that weekend too. We also had great success with getting 4th and beyond FP (except FoP because I didn’t try. We had FP one day and rode at park closing another). We got everything else we wanted including FEA, TT, Soarin, 7DMT, all the mountains, TSM, RnRC etc.
(iPhone 8 Plus and no, I didn’t spend my whole day doing this. Just a few minutes in each queue securing the next ride).

mikejs78

Premium Member
We were there that weekend too. We also had great success with getting 4th and beyond FP (except FoP because I didn’t try. We had FP one day and rode at park closing another). We got everything else we wanted including FEA, TT, Soarin, 7DMT, all the mountains, TSM, RnRC etc.
(iPhone 8 Plus and no, I didn’t spend my whole day doing this. Just a few minutes in each queue securing the next ride).
Would you agree with me that that weekend was very, very busy? It's New England/New York school vacation week, and I think that with the unreasonably warm weather, it brought out a lot of other people...

LuvWDW2

Would you agree with me that that weekend was very, very busy? It's New England/New York school vacation week, and I think that with the unreasonably warm weather, it brought out a lot of other people...

It honestly didn’t seem that bad to me? We’re used to traveling in summer and it seemed comparable. I think while everyone else zigged, we zagged.

mikejs78

Premium Member
It honestly didn’t seem that bad to me? We’re used to traveling in summer and it seemed comparable. I think while everyone else zigged, we zagged.
We did that too.. It was the most crowded I've seen personally, but was totally managable, and with securing the day of FastPasses, we hardly waited in any long lines.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom