Rumor Version of MaxPass coming to WDW in May?

drizgirl

Doesn't that encouarge overcrowding first thing in the morning?
It hasn't been a problem because the FPs don't disappear right away. There's no urgency to be there AT rope drop to get a FP for a certain ride. Some run out by mid-day, but it's not a run for the turnstiles or you have to go stand-by. All bets are off when Galaxy's Edge opens.

TrojanUSC

But I should state that you’re at the mercy of whatever time slot is currently being distributed. So you cannot select what time you want. I still prefer this method over the 60 day selection, however. But that is one downer.

MaxPass works well for DL. They could never get away with booking FPs 30-60 days out like WDW, too many locals who have no idea they're even going to the park until a day or two before.

Lensman

It's been mentioned in this forum that TDO uses the advance FastPass+ booking info as intel to create a prediction of each park's attendance in order to staff appropriately. If so, how would they replace this supposedly valuable information? Or maybe it's turned out that information wasn't as valuable as originally supposed and that's why they can (supposedly) go with MaxPass instead?

Or more likely, this rumor is just a rumor about speculation and isn't likely to happen.

peter11435

It's been mentioned in this forum that TDO uses the advance FastPass+ booking info as intel to create a prediction of each park's attendance in order to staff appropriately. If so, how would they replace this supposedly valuable information? Or maybe it's turned out that information wasn't as valuable as originally supposed and that's why they can (supposedly) go with MaxPass instead?

Or more likely, this rumor is just a rumor about speculation and isn't likely to happen.
Disney has been relatively accurately predicting attendance levels long before fastpass+. They don’t need that data to calculate forecasted attendance.

drizgirl

I personally don't think they'll give up the data. I think they'll monetize it in a different way.

DisneyCane

Does anybody know the logic of why they decided FP+ bookings needed to be so far in advance? I understand the "perk" of booking earlier when staying at a Disney Resort (and others that pay Disney) but why on earth does it need to be 60 days?

If the Disney resorts were 21 days and everyone else was 7 days, it would essentially be the same thing but without having to plan your ride itinerary 4-9 WEEKS before you set foot in the park.

I just wish they would distribute a percentage of FPs on advanced booking and the rest like the old system but through the app. The app would use geofencing to only allow selection from inside the park.

If you have advanced bookings you can't start using the old system until your last pre-booked FP is used or expired and eliminate the ability to change advanced reservations the day of.

Whatever upcharge enhancement they come up with should come from the advanced booking pool.

drizgirl

Does anybody know the logic of why they decided FP+ bookings needed to be so far in advance? I understand the "perk" of booking earlier when staying at a Disney Resort (and others that pay Disney) but why on earth does it need to be 60 days?

If the Disney resorts were 21 days and everyone else was 7 days, it would essentially be the same thing but without having to plan your ride itinerary 4-9 WEEKS before you set foot in the park.

I just wish they would distribute a percentage of FPs on advanced booking and the rest like the old system but through the app. The app would use geofencing to only allow selection from inside the park.

If you have advanced bookings you can't start using the old system until your last pre-booked FP is used or expired and eliminate the ability to change advanced reservations the day of.

Whatever upcharge enhancement they come up with should come from the advanced booking pool.
So they have data in time to downsize staffing wherever possible?

Jedi Stitch

Sad if true, unless staying on property automatically give you a MaxPass with out paying the cost. $10 PP/PD adds up on bigger families. We were shelling out $30 a day for my family of three at DLR. My Brother with his 7 total would bankrupt him.

ruthann

We could not get a FP for Flight of Passage from 60 days out or for the entire week we were in WDW in December. The stand-by wait time was 4 hours the day we went to AK and the park was only open 10 minutes with the Magic Early Hour. NO ride in the universe is worth a 4 hour wait.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
No it wouldn't! MaxPass is just booking FastPasses on your phone. MDX literally already does that.
It is not. It’s a walk in system that doesn’t require ridiculous advance thought for recreation on a micro management scale. Just a flurry of activate while you’re having the fun.
The biggest backfire potential I see here is erosion of the benefits of staying at a Disney resort. They won't pull the trigger if their research tells them people are going to use this as a substitute product for staying on site.

The customers of rack and DVC in Orlando have not proven themselves smart enough to combat these types of fees. I don’t see it changing until it gets rough at home.
I hope fastpass goes to paid only. It will make lines a lot shorter as less people will use FP and those that want to use it can pay.
But the horror or standby lines will increase and they will lose customers...which means their basic requirements of mass travel will be compromised and they’ll look for ways to get it back out of you.

It’s a “total sum” game for them.
This is such crap. March 6, five days from now.

Available:
Barnstormer
Big Thunder
Buzz
Dumbo
Belle
Mansion
Small World
Jungle Cruise
Tea Party
Carpets
Pooh
Ariel
Cinderella
Mickey & Minnie
Rapunzel
Tinkerbell
PhilharMagic
Monsters, Inc.
Pirates
Space
Splash
Mermaid
IllumiNations
Mickey & Pals
Test Track
Soarin
Short Films
Figment
Living with the Land
Mission Space
Nemo
Spaceship Earth
Turtle Talk
Aliens
Toy Story Mania
Disney Junior
Fantasmic
Frozen Sing-Along
Indy
Muppets
RnRC
Star Tours
Tower
Mermaid Show
DINOSAUR
Everest
FoLK
Nemo Show
ITTBAB
Disney Pals
Primeval Whirl
Up Show

Not Available:
Mine Train
Peter Pan
Frozen Ever After
Slinky Dog Dash
Flight of Passage
Kilimanjaro Safaris
Navi River Journey
Rivers of Light

The whole "waaaah I can't get FPs without booking 60 days out at 5am" is crybaby nonsense.

You picked a day (today) in the middle of the week on a relatively dead time for travel (except Louisiana...they’re starting to become practically jerseylike) and used it as end all evidence.

Most customers don’t move to Orlando and hover over the parks like it’s a job. Most travel in predetermined windows and often in crowded times.

Your snit is a fail here.
Sad if true, unless staying on property automatically give you a MaxPass with out paying the cost. $10 PP/PD adds up on bigger families. We were shelling out $30 a day for my family of three at DLR. My Brother with his 7 total would bankrupt him.

No offense...but if $30 a day or even $70 bannkrupts you...it’s pretty obvious that this management doesn’t actually care if you are there. That’s not their focus. They will look to train the customer to accept that and an ever expanding list of price points until significant resistance is shown.

rle4lunch

Original Poster
It is not. It’s a walk in system that doesn’t require ridiculous advance thought for recreation on a micro management scale. Just a flurry of activate while you’re having the fun.

The customers of rack and DVC in Orlando have not proven themselves smart enough to combat these types of fees. I don’t see it changing until it gets rough at home.

But the horror or standby lines will increase and they will lose customers...which means their basic requirements of mass travel will be compromised and they’ll look for ways to get it back out of you.

It’s a “total sum” game for them.

You picked a day (today) in the middle of the week on a relatively dead time for travel (except Louisiana...they’re starting to become practically jerseylike) and used it as end all evidence.

Most customers don’t move to Orlando and hover over the parks like it’s a job. Most travel in predetermined windows and often in crowded times.

Your snit is a fail here.

No offense...but if $30 a day or even $70 bannkrupts you...it’s pretty obvious that this management doesn’t actually care if you are there. That’s not their focus. They will look to train the customer to accept that and an ever expanding list of price points until significant resistance is shown.

normally your pessimism trumps your logic, but i agree with you on everything you hit on.

MouseMelly

I'm not even gonna lie, as much as it would pain me, I'd pay $50 or more per person per day for 10 fast passes. Not 6 though. I'd love to get a ton of rides done, then relax the rest of the day.
I like this... with the exception of the hour block. If it took 10 hours to use your FP+s, then it doesn’t leave much time for relaxation. Another plus to MaxPass for allowing overlapping times. 😁

Nezumi Fan

I was scrolling one of the DVC member newsfeeds this morning on Facebook and someone dropped on instagram how her and her family were able to do multiple FOP rides in one day due to something new that was coming out in May, but she couldn't go into detail just yet. Lots of comments were thinking that MaxPass will be showing up in WDW.

Disneyland AP holder here and can confirm that MaxPass is AWESOME. If you're clever and always be sure to set a timer for your next MaxPass window, you can ride the same ride as many times a day as you like (provided all the FP's for the day have not already been distributed for the day). It's worth four, maybe five times the price and I recommend it unreservedly.

Nezumi Fan

Maxpass as in Disneyland. I paid for maxpass but u Can’t use it until u enter the park that day. It saves u from having to find the walk up FP kiosks in the park by being able to use the app. Since it’s our first trip to Disneyland we figured it was worth the money by saving us valuable time.

Plus it neutralizes the artificial scarcity of people booking passes for large groups who aren't even in the park. If you're clever, it's a HUGE advantage.

Nezumi Fan

I'm confused... Can't you already book FPs on the app? After my scheduled 3 are up at WDW, I always book more through the App. I never go in search of the kiosks. So what's the difference with MaxPass vs what you can do at WDW now via the app?

That's the thing, you don't have to book three. You can just go one at 10:00 a.m., for example, set your phone alarm for 90 mins., make another on the same ride for 12:00p, etc.

Nezumi Fan

I'm not even gonna lie, as much as it would pain me, I'd pay $50 or more per person per day for 10 fast passes. Not 6 though. I'd love to get a ton of rides done, then relax the rest of the day.

MaxPass is $10 per person, per day, and works at both Disneyland and DCA. If you have a Signature AP, it's complementary.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom