The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

epcotisbest

This is what I dreamed of for decades. I am a long distance walker for daily exercise. Epcot and AK lend themselves well for daily walking as does Springs.

I have also dreamt of driving to a resort like Springs or boardwalk along with the moderates taking out my bike and just riding for an hour or two. So many ways to enjoy the parks beyond commando. I fear the security to enter different resorts might curtail my dream of bike riding. Maybe @epcotisbest will have some clues for me. 💓

We go in the late spring, usually late April to late May, or early September to mid October. We often take the bicycles and ride around different resorts, especially Fort Wilderness, a great place to bicycle.
When we stay at Saratoga Springs or Wilderness Lodge we always bring our own bikes as both of those are great places to ride. At SSR you can ride all around the expansive grounds and ride over to the treehouses and follow the boat canal for a scenic ride over to Old Key West.
At Fort Wilderness, you can ride for miles and miles along the pathways and round the camping loops and follow the nice, paved pathway over to the Wilderness Lodge. That is a lovely ride through the woods. If staying at WL, the pathway over to Fort Wilderness is just down from the bus loading area past the DVC Villas.
When we go to Fort Wilderness to ride when staying at other places, we just have the bicycles on the trunk rack on the back of the car and at the gate we tell the attendant we are not checking in but just visiting. They always want to see ID then will show where to park. We just park up front, unload the bikes and ride for miles.
Same for PORS and POFQ, and the pathway along the river between the resorts is a nice place to ride. We have never been turned away when driving to other resorts, but again we have not tried driving to other resorts during the busy summer season or during holiday times, when I am sure they are more restrictive.
Our other favorite place to ride is over at Celebration, where they have many miles of bike paths.
As for security curtailing bike riding, maybe we have just been fortunate, but they have never once said no and some have even pointed out the best place to park to unload the bikes and make our way around, especially at Fort Wilderness. We have not taken the bikes to Boardwalk, but that area does not seem to be good for our kind of riding. And you can't take the bicycles through Disney Springs, but you can ride over there from SSR and there is a bike rack to lock up your bike while you walk around DS, then afterward you can go back to the bike and ride back over to SSR.
We have also ridden through SSR, the tree houses and OKW when staying at a couple of the Hotel Blvd. hotels, just by going over to the pathway entrance to SSR from DS and riding into SSR at that entrance.
Here are some photos, first one at SSR, second at Fort Wilderness.

MySmallWorldof4

She's on break from ballet. She had decided she didn't want to go a few months back. Now she wants to go again, but I'm waiting on the divorce stuff to settle so I don't end up signing up for a day that ends up being her dad's day of the week. She gets really attached to her class friends, so it's not easy to switch her from one day of the week to another.

I'm on break from grad school due to the stroke. I'm not entirely sure I want to go back this year. Might just take a year to get my life back where I want it, and then reassess next year.
Sounds like a good plan to me.

Rista1313

:(My whole facebook page is lit up with this:

Oh man I hadn't heard he passed away yet. I had heard about the stroke. I had just read something about a reboot of 90210 and that all the old characters would be in it as well. Awww man!

MySmallWorldof4

T’s base tuition just went up $500 for ‘19-‘20. 😢... they are increasing $500 per year for the next 3 years and then small increments to follow.
Registration went up by $200... and the athletic club is going up $100 more than it currently is, and each sport increasing by $25.

I’m floored.

The email says it’s because they haven’t increased enough per year over the past 10 years, and for the first time are near a deficit.
They will also be checking to see who does “regular envelopes” at weekly mass or online weekly church donations. If not, then you’re considered out of parish and will pay $2500 more in tuition above what in-parish will pay.

This was not a fun Friday night read. A lot of p’d off parents right now.
That is awful! They need to see where their money goes. I know private school teachers do not get paid as much as public school teachers do. Is there a minimum amount they want for the envelopes?

MySmallWorldof4

Trip Report Part 16:

Not so new San Juan.. Photo Spam..

Before we continue.. forgot to mention we also visited a famous plaza in old San Juan, completely full of doves who literally jump on you to get food out of you.

The place was full of stands and food trucks.. preparing for the festivities.

There are also a few statues of interest..

View attachment 353555
The Christopher Columbus plaza.

View attachment 353563
Some food and stuff..

Getting close..
View attachment 353564

View attachment 353556
Bridge towards the cave. crossing one of the largest rivers of PR.

View attachment 353557
Some of the traditional costumes..

View attachment 353558
Inside the cave.. there were areas where only the trees were keeping stone from falling down. Also there were HUGE bee nests (or wasps?)
View attachment 353559

View attachment 353560

Some museum pieces..
View attachment 353562

The nest..
View attachment 353561
You could be a tour guide. The explanations of everything is so interesting! I love the painted buildings, and that "ceiling" of umbrellas is so pretty!

12in12

I don't know if anyone else mentioned this, but The Little Mermaid came out of the vault this weekend.

A has been obsessed with Ariel for over a year now and she's definitely grown into her favorite princess. She even sings part of your world completely on her own now. But she had never seen the movie because it was in the vault and I don't have a VHS player, lol. It was pretty darn special for her that they released it on her birthday weekend!
I do love the Little Mermaid and I have watched it many times but after realising that Ariel gets married a week after her 16th birthday it lost some of its shine for me.:rolleyes:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom