The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Figgy1

Premium Member
Just wondering--can you move the weather alert thing out of the bedroom, so that you can sleep? (I don't know if it's a weather station, that looks like a radio, or if it's something like an app on a phone. But whatever it is, maybe try to move it to a different location, like your kitchen, for example.)
I wish I could but it's my phone which can't be shut off

Figgy1

Premium Member
Anyone seen Bohemian Rhapsody? I bought the DVD and watched it today. Good flick (love the music of Queen), but sad about Freddie Mercury. He was so talented, and the musical world lost a star too soon.

The actor who portrayed him in the movie won the Oscar. He was amazing.
I was thinking about getting that one but wound up getting Ralph Breaks the Internet instead, something to do with peace and quiet;)

Figgy1

Premium Member
@figmentfan423 , we have about 9 inches of snow!! It's been coming down heavy for a few hours now. I'll just shovel the front steps and then walk to a bus stop and wait for the first bus (whether to the highway or a train station). It's really nice snow to walk in--packed, not icy. Love it!! :joyfull:
My local news said 3 - 6 even when the storm started last night. The weather channel said 8 - 12. I think the weather channel was right. I also think I'm not going into work at my regular time.
Safe travels

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
I don't know if anyone else mentioned this, but The Little Mermaid came out of the vault this weekend.

A has been obsessed with Ariel for over a year now and she's definitely grown into her favorite princess. She even sings part of your world completely on her own now. But she had never seen the movie because it was in the vault and I don't have a VHS player, lol. It was pretty darn special for her that they released it on her birthday weekend!

Rista1313

I don't know if anyone else mentioned this, but The Little Mermaid came out of the vault this weekend.

A has been obsessed with Ariel for over a year now and she's definitely grown into her favorite princess. She even sings part of your world completely on her own now. But she had never seen the movie because it was in the vault and I don't have a VHS player, lol. It was pretty darn special for her that they released it on her birthday weekend!

I used to drive around with the soundtrack on cassette when I was a teenager. I should download it again!

Tony the Tigger

:joyfull::happy:;):)

There are indeed many things that are enjoyable here in Texas, but, there are many things in every state that are enjoyable, as well...!!! :)
I have a story about New Jersey, specifically the Jersey Shore, that I’ll try to make as short as possible...! ;)
I went to high school with a guy that became a good friend of mine who’s pop was also transferred here by IBM the same year my pop was. He was transferred here from Danbury, CT. After our sophomore year his pop was transferred back to the east coast, Yardley, PA.
After he graduated HS he came back to Austin to attend The University of Texas.
In the summer of ‘81 (right after his freshman year at UT), he and some of his old HS buddies rented a house on the Jersey Shore for 2 weeks...and, if you guessed Seaside Heights...

View attachment 353794

I flew out there for a week of stooooopid-good fun...!!!!! :hilarious::cautious::hilarious:;):)

A lot of it is a blur :cyclops:;), but, one of the guys older sisters had married into big money, and his BILs family had a 75 ft. yacht in the Atlantic City Marina. It had a full-time crew of 3, a pop up TV, a full bar, etc., and for one of the days he had scheduled a cruise for us down to Cape May to have lunch there.
However, once we got underway and well offshore, the seas were just getting too high and people were puking over the rails...!!!!! :hilarious:
I, honestly and fortunately, was not one of them (although, as much as some were drinking already, they would have been puking over the rails in calm seas :D) but, they ended up turning the boat around and parking it back in the marina, where we continued to “Party on, Wayne!!!!!” :hilarious:
Good times...!!!!!!! :joyfull::happy::D;):)

Seaside was very different in '81!

But it was already starting to take a turn, so we started going to Point Pleasant.

Moving is a short term goal for us. I’m over Illinois. The weather is nasty.
We shall see where we all land. Me closer is better but if I bored with the parks I could move to a beach area close but still make pilgramages. I’m not likely to bond with a town or home like I have the last 35 years so I’m open to change.

I'm partial to the Melbourne Beach area. B grew up there, nice "small town" feel but with all the big chain stores. The drive to WDW can be annoying if you take 192 all the way out, but still no more than an hour-ish, I think.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Seaside was very different in '81!

But it was already starting to take a turn, so we started going to Point Pleasant.

I'm partial to the Melbourne Beach area. B grew up there, nice "small town" feel but with all the big chain stores. The drive to WDW can be annoying if you take 192 all the way out, but still no more than an hour-ish, I think.
See I could do that!

Goofyernmost

It might have been covered before but I just missed it. How many have seen Mary Poppins Returns? I saw it back awhile ago and even though it started out seeming like sacrilege, once I let myself get emotionally involved, I found it to be very good. Some of the songs were as touching as in the original, and the ones that were light hearted and fun (The Cover is not the Book) and some very moving (Place where lost things go). There isn't the degree of acceptance that the original received, but, if some stayed away because it was not going to be the same missed out on some good things not to mention some of the prop used in the first movie. The scene with D ick Van D yke was amazing to see a 90+ year old man doing a little dance on a desk and the original Jane in a cameo.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom