News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

DreamfinderGuy

So uh, back on topic, I got a look from the monorail station on the Gravity Building as I was leaving the park last night. Looked like some welding was going on with either the roof or back wall. If it wasn't welding then maybe they were using some sort of power tool emitting a ton of sparks, but that's it. Also the building hasn't gotten any smaller and it's still an eyesore that doesn't blend in anywhere

Sneezy62

Why is it called a gravity building? I suppose I’m going to find out that’s a dumb question, but I have to ask. Roller coaster term or something to do with this specific project?

Also, I took the time this week to check out the movies. The first Marvel movies i’ve watched except for the first Fantastic Four movie years ago, I think before disney acquired Marvel. I had no idea who these characters were going in. They are definitely Marvel property, flawed unlikely superheros. I like that the movies have a great comic book feel. Being a child of the 60s, 70s... love the mix tape/ music story. Still can’t figure out why they belong in this park. I know...dead horse.

ParksAndPixels

In the Parks
Yes
Why is it called a gravity building? I suppose I’m going to find out that’s a dumb question, but I have to ask. Roller coaster term or something to do with this specific project?

Also, I took the time this week to check out the movies. The first Marvel movies i’ve watched except for the first Fantastic Four movie years ago, I think before disney acquired Marvel. I had no idea who these characters were going in. They are definitely Marvel property, flawed unlikely superheros. I like that the movies have a great comic book feel. Being a child of the 60s, 70s... love the mix tape/ music story. Still can’t figure out why they belong in this park. I know...dead horse.

Gravity Building - the movement inside the BBB will be primarily by gravitational force after the first hill is reached. If you think a normal outdoor coaster, the ride portion after the first/ main lift hill.

ParksAndPixels

In the Parks
Yes
It would have thrown off the forced perspective. Cost substantially more.

And for all we know the exterior may be getting an overlay eventually. Disney may not have decided exactly what that will be yet. In any case, this leaves open options for the future. Pun intended.

Oh, so it’s phase two of the building!! That makes sense now, tear off the exterior, close the attraction and build a new exterior... there are themed lands that are STILL waiting “phase two”. They’re not going to do that much work or financial investment into one building, when they could have done it right from the beginning.

jt04

Oh, so it’s phase two of the building!! That makes sense now, tear off the exterior, close the attraction and build a new exterior... there are themed lands that are STILL waiting “phase two”. They’re not going to do that much work or financial investment into one building, when they could have done it right from the beginning.
One possibility of many. Which you have misunderstood anyway. Who mentioned ripping off the facade?

The "problem" is being overstated as usual here and I am of the leave it as is crowd until at least FW has a direction. Then add theming if and only if it helps the backstory.

Disney isn't going to get distracted by the Monday morning quarterbacking. I'm shocked people haven't figured this out by now.

ParksAndPixels

In the Parks
Yes
One possibility of many. Which you have misunderstood anyway. Who mentioned ripping off the facade?

The "problem" is being overstated as usual here and I am of the leave it as is crowd until at least FW has a direction. Then add theming if and only if it helps the backstory.

Disney isn't going to get distracted by the Monday morning quarterbacking. I'm shocked people haven't figured this out by now.

Painting the building a different color isn’t going to do much. The problem is... a problem. Disney didn’t want to pay to do this better. It’s an ugly blue warehouse. It’s Sunday night not Monday morning, but seeing your opinion on this building I don’t expect you to care about details... amiright? Some express their opinions not because we think it will sway Disney, but to have a dialogue about what we experience at the parks. If you really think your defense of the company makes Bob Iger sleep better tonight, you’ve been misled. Before you say that’s not your belief then I would ask you, based on your logic, why would you post a counter opinion?

DreamfinderGuy

The load/unload areas of the coaster are held within the former Energy building. Then the connection, or "launch tunnel" sends the trains into a building where gravity takes over and the coaster goes along the track, propelled mainly by gravity, hence the term "Gravity Building"

Edit: Whoops, didn't see someone already said something, sorry about that.

jt04

Painting the building a different color isn’t going to do much. The problem is... a problem. Disney didn’t want to pay to do this better. It’s an ugly blue warehouse. It’s Sunday night not Monday morning, but seeing your opinion on this building I don’t expect you to care about details... amiright? Some express their opinions not because we think it will sway Disney, but to have a dialogue about what we experience at the parks. If you really think your defense of the company makes Bob Iger sleep better tonight, you’ve been misled. Before you say that’s not your belief then I would ask you, based on your logic, why would you post a counter opinion?

Because most of the criticism of decisions made the last decade come from a very few sources. If not countered they would become bigger distractions on these forums and eventually kill this magical place. See the forums at LP and the site that can't be named.

I enjoy discussing future WDW projects and wouldn't want to see the same fate happen to wdwmagic.

So I am just adding equal time, a counterbalance, an equal and opposite reaction to knee jerk pessimism. Effectively.

ParksAndPixels

In the Parks
Yes
Because most of the criticism of decisions made the last decade come from a very few sources. If not countered they would become bigger distractions on these forums and eventually kill this magical place. See the forums at LP and the site that can't be named.

I enjoy discussing future WDW projects and wouldn't want to see the same fate happen to wdwmagic.

So I am just adding equal time, a counterbalance, an equal and opposite reaction to knee jerk pessimism. Effectively.

So to be clear... When you respond it’s a noble cause to bring balance. But those of us who think this was a bad move (and I consider myself to be pretty balanced in what I do and do not like that I see Disney doing) are Monday morning quarterbacking because we disagree with a decision Disney made? Hm, interesting perspective.
I’ve been on park many times since this project began I assure you. I’ve both intentionally and unintentionally observed the building from the parking lot, monorail, busses, future world and world showcase. I promise you my opinion of this isn’t knee jerk. When I haven’t seen something first hand, I usually withhold commenting because photos can be deceiving.

jt04

So to be clear... When you respond it’s a noble cause to bring balance. But those of us who think this was a bad move (and I consider myself to be pretty balanced in what I do and do not like that I see Disney doing) are Monday morning quarterbacking because we disagree with a decision Disney made? Hm, interesting perspective.
I’ve been on park many times since this project began I assure you. I’ve both intentionally and unintentionally observed the building from the parking lot, monorail, busses, future world and world showcase. I promise you my opinion of this isn’t knee jerk. When I haven’t seen something first hand, I usually withhold commenting because photos can be deceiving.

Especially telephoto zoom perspectives. There have been more than one poster here who says it isn't that noticeable where it can be seen and also can't even be seen from most places within the park

Finally, since we don't know the long term plan for FW, I'm withholding any other opinions on this matter until at least D23. So as not to jump to conclusions. Even Martin regularly admits he doesn't know nearly everything.

OG Runner

The one thing that is too bad about this project, is that pretty soon all we can do is speculate. It was pretty cool to see every thing
going into the new coaster at Universal. Here we have seen one piece of track and that will be it until the ride opens in a year or two.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom