News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

jt04

What forced perspective? What structure would this exterior overlay of yours attach to?

Oh yeah. I also think there is a possibility the northern half of the Innoventions East pad could be built taller which would also block much of that view. Perhaps the top couple floors being offices or corporate and special event space.

Bottom line is, as usual the glass is half empty crowd is panicking over nothing again. Bookmark it.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Oh yeah. I also think there is a possibility the northern half of the Innoventions East pad could be built taller which would also block much of that view. Perhaps the top couple floors being offices or corporate and special event space.

Bottom line is, as usual the glass is half empty crowd is panicking over nothing again. Bookmark it.
Inniventions east is unlikely to grow taller.

kthomas105

Wish the BBB looked a little more interesting though... Most the buildings in Future World are based on simple geometric shapes, Spaceship Earth in a Sphere, Imagination is a Pyramid, Test Track is a Cylinder, the top of the Land is kind of a Cone shape, and The Energy Pavilion is a Triangular Wedge... "Big Cube" fits in pretty well with all that, but it really needs a better paint job or something, or some other geometric pattern on top the Big Cube. I think they should be making it look like it's a part of Epcot, instead of pretending it's not there
BBB.... I appreciate that we now have an abreviation for the show building of GotG.

RSoxNo1

Why all the cones? Doesn’t look like anything is being built. Just sky. This is the trouble with WDI. They spend $300 million to rebuild the sky and I’m like, “Dammit, Joe! The sky was already there!” Meanwhile Universal builds Forbidden Journey for like $130 million because they let the sky be the sky.
This made me laugh, but I wouldn't be the condescending jerk people have come to know and love if I didn't point out a few things.
  • Martin has hinted at a budget of $450 mil
  • "Joe" is no longer in charge of the Marvel portfolio, it is not Scott Drake
  • You can see the show building for Forbidden Journey from the land

RSoxNo1

So here's a serious thought for inside the park. When Mission: SPACE eventually gets removed, replace it with this superstructure that would be more on brand...

RSoxNo1

They have to bring something to Epcot to bring more families in. I love Epcot, but with all the things being put into HS, and with the additions already added to AK, and Tron to MK, they had no choice BUT to put it in Epcot, or risk their second oldest park being the least visited of their four theme parks. The last thing Disney wants is to have Epcot being known as the new "Hollywood studios", which is why you are seeing it be completely revamped to appeal more to families and younger kids.

Epcot will have the worst attraction lineup in the country by the end of the year. I see little reason to believe that will change after this opens in 2021. The park will be more disjointed, and while I expect the attraction lineup to improve significantly through this addition I have very little confidence that they're making good long term decisions for Epcot and it's place in WDW as a whole.

They have gutted the park's identity and in all likelihood any connection to Epcot's identity that this ride will have will be playing up nostalgia.

At the very least, I'd like to see a distinction between Future World and Tomorrowland and there's none. There was at one point and now that's gone. Now, they're blurring the lines between World Showcase and Fantasyland/Adventureland.

RSoxNo1

Due to the massive scale of the building the best option is the parking lot, yes.

Unless or until it can be written into the 'backstory' such as was done with ToT in DCA, then I think this is the best option.

If you were told this ride system had to be placed at WDW, where would you suggest it go and how would you theme or not theme the exterior? I'm all ears. 👂👂👂👂👂
Some place where the building isn't visible where it's either blocked by something else in a park? Alternatively, make the building visually appealing like some of the other indoor roller coasters that are actually taller.

This isn't much different than putting an unthemed static coaster in the middle of a themed land.

MrHappy

@marni1971 , Can you film yourself with @jt04 having a Bass at RnC with goofyrthanmody as your bartender, then @Rteetz walks in with a bunch of ariel's and your like "yep, I know" then @Tuvalu walks in and is like "yep I suggest the lake view" then @MisterPenguin comes in and denounces everyone claims as false and refers them to his tracker, meanwhile @lazyboy97o is suggesting star wars land is like tomorrow land and everyone else walks in to remind you and JT to NOT ride in the gondolas, But it doesn't matter bc @Magic Feather walks in, the record scratches and @Magenta Panther and @Sirwalterraleigh walk in....

ToTBellHop

This made me laugh, but I wouldn't be the condescending jerk people have come to know and love if I didn't point out a few things.
  • Martin has hinted at a budget of $450 mil
  • "Joe" is no longer in charge of the Marvel portfolio, it is not Scott Drake
  • You can see the show building for Forbidden Journey from the land
Sigh...

By the way, people may know you, but I don’t think they love you. :inlove:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom