News New Park Entrance coming to Epcot

DocMcHulk

If Innoventions West really is getting removed. Then I'm going to really miss seeing the Illuminated Paving Stones.
FunFindEpcotLightsonGround5.jpg

FunFindEpcotLightsonGround2.jpg

FunFindEpcotLightsonGround3.jpg

FunFindEpcotLightsonGround4.jpg

I think the pavements can be found either at Innoventions East or West behind SSE. But you can correct me If I'm wrong. But I really hope they survive or at least be relocated.

They are maybe my earliest memory of EPCOT and one of the reasons I fell in love with the park as a kid.

The Empress Lilly

That's a good point. Here's a look at the original entrance featuring character topiaries:
View attachment 352338

Considering the new concept art features even more trees & vegetation than was present back when this picture was taken, I think you're right that they'll not stand out as much as we're concerned.
To me these stand out like a sore thumb. Like adding Tinkerbell dolls to Pirates of the Caribbean.

The prism with the EPCOT logo and SSE are the focus of this area. All the architectural and landscaping lines lead to them, visually and physically, are their frame as of a painting. (As, incidentally, do the much maligned tombstones)

The topiaries add ornament where the architectural programme resists it. And are a dumbofication to begin with. The ketchup bottle put on the table in the haute cuisine restaurant.

Bocabear

RE: Leave a Legacy

I understand that people tend to exaggerate the tombstone-ness of the markers, but I really think they just have the unconscious architectural cues that one associates with a memorial.

100% honest, when I went to Epcot as a young child, I thought the Leave a Legacy stones were a 9/11 memorial, for some reason.
And that is exactly the point...even to a child it looked like a memorial or tombstone...
I am glad they are going and the main entrance will be restored...I hope they don't do a budget job when they get to the fopuntain... The acrylic Prisms were amazing...Hard to believe they were never replaced.

sedati

I never understood why we walk up an incline so we can enter The Land pavilion on the second floor only to deal with the stairs and escalators. Most everything is on the lower level: Farmer's Market, Living with the Land, Kitchen Kabaret, Broccoli & Co, Behind the Seeds Tour and restrooms. Why have everyone go down instead of having the far fewer number of guests eating at The Good Turn or going to see Symbiosis go up?

Last edited:

articos

I never understood why we walk up an incline so we can enter The Land pavilion on the second floor only to deal with the stairs and escalators. Most everything is on the lower level: Farmer's Market, Living with the Land, Kitchen Kabaret, Broccoli & Co, Behind the Seeds Tour and restrooms. Why have everyone go down instead of having the far fewer number of guests eating at The Good Turn or going to see Symbiosis go up?
A number of reasons why we enter on the second floor. I’ll go into it in a separate post.

bUU

It's about experiences, not convenience.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom