News New Gondola Transportation - Disney Skyliner -

nickys

Premium Member
From Caribbean to DHS, it looks like it wouldn't be more than 10 minutes. Unless I'm missing something

Guests at the Epcot resorts, Yacht, Beach and Boardwalk, would need to go to CBR and then change.

CBR to DHS likely about 3-5 minutes.
POP to CBR likely the same.
CBR to IG, via Riviera, around 5-8 minutes (it needs to slow down at both Riviera and Boardwalk turn).

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Maybe this will help...

Demarke

Have I told you lately that I 👍 you?
Premium Member
Plant some shrubs and trim them to look like Disney characters. Or if looking for a low cost option maybe a giant bed sheet;)

As the gondola's approach the station, the PA speakers start into "You are now approaching the Toy Story Transportation Center. Oh look, Andy has left his bedsheet over his toy gondola collection to keep them safe from the likes of destructive neighborhood bully, Sid Phillips, or the thieving hands of toy store owner, Al McWhiggin..."

GoofGoof

Premium Member
It should be about a 15 min journey including transferring, but not including walking to the station. All Epcot area Hotels (Crescent Lake), while having access to this system, are far from the targets for it. Same for guests going from DHS to Epcot. The fastest option is to simply walk, and depending on the resort, the Friendships will also likely be faster.
I hear what you are saying about the walking time from resort to IG plus ride time. Unless you are in BC or BW in the area closest to IG it will probably be faster to walk to boat dock and ride boat or just walk. Definitely faster to walk/boat for Swan/Dolphin.

I would assume riding straight from EPCOT to DHS would be much faster on gondolas than the friendship boats. That boat ride is at least 30 mins and it seems like the gondolas will be about half that.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
It is official ( in case it hasn't been posted here yet) The Gondolas are going through testing and trials. Don't expect to see much unless you are a night owl. Just about anything that could be seen by the public is being done at night.
By testing and trials do you mean the actual cabins with the “wrap” or cover off and actual people inside? We have seen some video and pictures of the gondolas testing but they are still wrapped.

flynnibus

Premium Member
By testing and trials do you mean the actual cabins with the “wrap” or cover off and actual people inside? We have seen some video and pictures of the gondolas testing but they are still wrapped.

The wrap doesn’t block access to the cabins it doesn’t seem. Looked like the doors could be opened.

Movielover

SeaWorld gondolas failure. From reports breakers were tripped due to unusually cold frost conditions and a burst of wind. That’s ok it is never frosty or suddenly windy in Orlando.🤔

Yeah because a non-Doppelmayr system built in 1967 is going to operate exactly like a brand new 2019 installation from a company that designed these to operate on the side of mountains... where it can get quite windy and chilly. :rolleyes:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom