News New Gondola Transportation - Disney Skyliner -

tissandtully

Wow, sounds like a pretty substantial modification headed to the IG.

As much as I lament the loss of the small, quaint entry, (our favorite of any of the parks, minus the magic of walking into the MK) it needs to be expanded to support the presumably larger crowds the Skyliner will be bringing in.
Maybe someone will buy something at that gift shop now

Tobes58

A bit late posting this, was staying at Art last week and took a few pics.
Two pics of Roof work, looked like they were gluing a membrane down, and pic 3 on Art side sure looks like bathroom not food stand.

BrerJon

I still can't understand why they're waiting until fall to open this. What is the point in advertising for jobs 8 or 9 months out? Will it take that long to train them up? And why are they testing cabins if they've still got many months of station construction - the presumed reason for the delay.

Are they worried that given the air con issues if they open them before October guests might fry?

USofA scott

I still can't understand why they're waiting until fall to open this. What is the point in advertising for jobs 8 or 9 months out? Will it take that long to train them up? And why are they testing cabins if they've still got many months of station construction - the presumed reason for the delay.

Are they worried that given the air con issues if they open them before October guests might fry?
or... the marketing department wants everything new this year to open at the same time for a larger media event and more coverage!

Skywise

My guess? Get past the first hurricane season.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster

Testing makes sense because they are going to want to use the Doplymyr people before the ski season ends and they start working on other gondola projects. Hiring so far has only been for managers. Might take some time to get people like this, especially since they may need to re-locate, and you want to have them in place and trained before you start hiring the staff that will work for them.

jt04

If they do wait until fall it could be they want to test it during daily thunderstorms.

They may also not want to open it before Riviera opens so it is still shiny.

montyz81

After looking at several of these pictures, I do not see any indication that hints at expanding this system to say Springs or AK. Does anyone know if there are plans on the table to do that in the future?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom