News Announced: Mary Poppins Attraction in UK Pavilion

RobbinsDad

I want a dark ride, but if we are honest, Epcot is a park filled with D and E tickets (some poorly aging). A balanced park needs As, Bs, and Cs, too. It’s one of my biggest complaints about TSL. It should have had a couple As or Bs. Sprinkling them in the parks adds capacity without increasing crowds. And a carousel, if done right, would actually be a fit for World Showcase. It could be quite charming. There’s nothing wrong with quick diversions. I like the Mad Tea Party, especially when it has a 10-min. wait. I even like Magic Carpets, but they should have gone in Animation Courtyard (I’m sure the 400 strollers could fit elsewhere).

It’s not like they are putting in a Stitch “Hawaiian Coaster Ride” Huss Top Spin.
Yeah I agree. After Rat I don't think WS needs another D/E level ride (maybe something in Japan or the new Brazil pavilion). It should be WDI's mission to place C-level or lower attractions in all WS pavilions currently without one.

ToTBellHop

Yeah I agree. After Rat I don't think WS needs another D/E level ride (maybe something in Japan or the new Brazil pavilion). It should be WDI's mission to place C-level or lower attractions in all WS pavilions currently without one.
My dream is a small ride or show at each pavilion and a mountain coaster behind one pavilion (at one time Mt. Fuji but there are other countries with mountains.

Bocabear

But Why C level or lower? Why not something better? No one wants to go to EPCOT to ride a spinner ride... The park has always had higher standards than that... Who wants EPCOT to include cheap carnival rides? United Kingdom, Italy, Morrocco, Japanand Germany would all get cheap carny rides? All of these pavilions really do need an attraction, but something better than a carousel... Why is everyone OK with aiming low?

HauntedMansionFLA

But Why C level or lower? Why not something better? No one wants to go to EPCOT to ride a spinner ride... The park has always had higher standards than that... Who wants EPCOT to include cheap carnival rides? United Kingdom, Italy, Morrocco, Japanand Germany would all get cheap carny rides? All of these pavilions really do need an attraction, but something better than a carousel... Why is everyone OK with aiming low?
How much acreage does each pavilion have to work with? It might come down to space or using the empty land for new countries for your E ticket rides?

RobbinsDad

Two reasons:
  1. People sucker
  2. A c-level doesn't make the rest of the pavilion an after-thought, more of an diversionary enhancement (TM). While I wasn't on board at first, I like the placement of Rat behind France instead of within the pavilion. It keeps attention on the pavilion itself and it's existing C attraction. I don't need an E-ticket to enjoy Italy, but it might be a nice diversion to ride Pinocchio's Carousel.

ToTBellHop

There was enough for my pretty little dark ride. Which we're not getting now.

However, things are moving forward now with this project.
Yes. Some imagine something of Rat’s scale here. That was never under consideration. But there is obviously room for large E-tickets and/or new pavilions elsewhere. I still have hope that there will be a new country WITH a ride later in the 2020s. It only took 30 years for Disney to build something significant in Epcot. Maybe they’ll go further while the oven is still hot.

Bocabear

EPCOT doesn't have any smaller rides like a carousel or flat ride, so as much as I would love a dark ride, I understand where they are coming from with their decision. Hopefully this is beautifully done, because it really does have potential to be really nice looking.
I think the decision is totally motivated by keeping costs down and revenue up...There is no reason any of the pavilions need a flat spinner ride... Disney used to be known for their creativity...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom