News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

trainplane3

You can have an outdoor coaster and still have it look nice...
DzIcSlbUcAAtNMi.jpg:orig

Or just drop a box in a park like it's Rollercoaster Tycoon, jam a spaghetti coaster in it, and call it a day. Idk.

rocketraccoon

Or just drop a box in a park like it's Rollercoaster Tycoon, jam a spaghetti coaster in it, and call it a day. Idk.
Not sure what thematic elements would work for an outdoor coaster in FW, though. Of course GOTG isn't fitting either, but you can't really have flashy lights and darkness on an outdoor track during the day. Would also mean it closes when Test Track does, and having two major rides down at a time isn't ideal.

Though if it was as vertical as the GOTG track is, the response to a mass of black steel in the skyline would make the current gravity building seem like Spaceship Earth.

ToTBellHop

Ermagerd if that's real. If it's not real, some guest has mad artistic skills. The only surprising part is that it shows unthemed tops of buildings. Would that be for public consumption?

trainplane3

Is this official? Did I miss something?
Ermagerd if that's real. If it's not real, some guest has mad artistic skills. The only surprising part is that it shows unthemed tops of buildings. Would that be for public consumption?
It's a "leak". But so far (going off Bios aerials of the site) it's lining up very well. The only thing I'm unsure about is the water feature.
I found the source of it again: https://orlandoparkstop.com/news/th...for-hagrids-magical-creatures-roller-coaster/

tparris

Maybe once GOTG coaster opens (and is so much like Space Mountain on the inside) they will close the real Space Mountain and fix / rebuild the track.
Why would they close an attraction in a different park because another one opened somewhere else? If anything they would close SM once Tron opens. Although Tron and GotG are scheduled to open the same year.

trainplane3

Makes sense. Looking forward to this ride even more now. No delays! No delays! No delays!
It's Intamin. There's bound to be some kind of issue on opening day.

I'll drop the subject before I get smacked though. Just wanted to make a point that outdoor coasters can thematically fit a surrounding area.

shortstop

Just wanted to make a point that outdoor coasters can thematically fit a surrounding area.
This is a lot easier when the coaster is actually supposed to take place outdoors (see Potter, E:E, BTMRR). GotG presumably takes place in ‘space’ which would obviously be a difficult setting to create outdoors.

In other words, no matter how to spin it, GotG does not work in this location - but I digress...

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Did you take this shot? And if so, did the building look as invisible in real life?

Yes. Yes and no.

Human perception is quirky. When you're purposely looking for something, you can distinguish millions of colors and fine shades of contrast such that the thing stands out for you. And when you're not purposely looking, what is considered by one's brain as unimportant goes unregistered in consciousness. Things that don't move and blend in the background especially 'go away.'

So, to answer your question... when you're looking for it or at it... it's obvious and no amount of color matching will hide it. Otherwise... what building?

ToTBellHop

It's Intamin. There's bound to be some kind of issue on opening day.

I'll drop the subject before I get smacked though. Just wanted to make a point that outdoor coasters can thematically fit a surrounding area.
Thought it was Mack?
Did you take this shot? And if so, did the building look as invisible in real life?
I only see palm trees and a filthy monorail track.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom