working out for Disney

HouCuseChickie

It is and it is more than I wanted. I just wanted a Kitchenaid. I'd wanted one for a long time, but I always felt there were better ways of spending the money. It is big. It's like a big food processor. I need to make room for it. I have a lot of kitchen appliances on my countertops and I use them all regularly. I think my son's panini grill is going to be the casualty.

I'm curious to see how you wind up liking it. My only real complaint with my Artisan is the flour power, but I don't bake as much these days and I've read the "pro" Kitchenaids aren't as good as the Artisan. I store most of my appliances, but I love my stand mixer and consider it to be too pretty to stow. My bigger food processor is a 10-cup machine, but it looks small next to the stand mixer. Of course, it also breaks down better for storage. We used to have a lot of appliances, but I ditched all of the ones we never used or were a pain to clean...which turned out to be a lot. No panini grills though.

Songbird76

No, he's worried about me not getting my first choice of base and then having to commute to another city to work. For example, they might tell me I need to be based in Chicago for the short term until something in Philly opens. I wouldn't have to pay to get to Chicago, but I would want to make sure I am there in time. So, I'd want to get a hotel room the night before. That would add up after a while. Then I'd be buying a meal or two, etc. Plus, you have to pay for your own meals in training and that's 3.5 weeks. He's actually been helping me with my student loans and mine are pretty significant. lol

Anyway, I have been tentatively looking into selling the soap I make. I'm going to try to create a business plan this week. I am most likely moving in a couple of years, so this is something that is "portable." :)
Where would you be moving? Is your DH being transferred again?

Sans Souci

I'm curious to see how you wind up liking it. My only real complaint with my Artisan is the flour power, but I don't bake as much these days and I've read the "pro" Kitchenaids aren't as good as the Artisan. I store most of my appliances, but I love my stand mixer and consider it to be too pretty to stow. My bigger food processor is a 10-cup machine, but it looks small next to the stand mixer. Of course, it also breaks down better for storage. We used to have a lot of appliances, but I ditched all of the ones we never used or were a pain to clean...which turned out to be a lot. No panini grills though.

I am going to use it to make a Valentine's cake this week, so I'll see how it goes. Ankarsrum has a You Tube channel, so I've been looking at videos to learn how to use it. I am looking forward to having Swiss meringue buttercream come out as it should. I could never get the egg whites/sugar to stiff peaks because my hand mixer was too weak, so the volume wasn't there. I could only get soft peaks. I would have to make two batches to frost a cake. Like you, I need to go through my appliances and ditch what I don't use.

The panini grill is my son's. He comes home from school and makes a grilled cheese sandwich in it. Then, two hours later, he cooks two brats for himself as dinner. He's as thin as a rail, too. 😂

Sans Souci

Where would you be moving? Is your DH being transferred again?

Probably DC. He wants to wait for DS to graduate HS. There is very little in the way of advancement where he's working, so he needs to move if he wants move up. The other option is we stay here and he commutes to NYC, where all of the banks are. I try not to think about it too much. LOL

Sans Souci

Good morning.

I did an hour of power yoga and will probably shovel my driveway and sidewalk once I have some breakfast. It looks like 2 inches came down. Just a guesstimate. I think we're supposed get hit with another round tonight.

I found a decent-looking lentil soup recipe for the Instant Pot, so I am going to try it today. My eating has been awful lately, so I am trying to clean it up. I get the worst (monthly) salty/carb cravings. Ugh. I am so good the rest of the time!

I am making a Weight Watchers recipe for dinner tonight--"Crispy Tofu Tacos with Lime-Cilantro Slaw," since it's Meatless Monday.

Songbird76

Probably DC. He wants to wait for DS to graduate HS. There is very little in the way of advancement where he's working, so he needs to move if he wants move up. The other option is we stay here and he commutes to NYC, where all of the banks are. I try not to think about it too much. LOL
Eek....that sounds like a rough commute. I think I'd rather move!! Would there be better job opportunities for you in DC?

Sans Souci

Eek....that sounds like a rough commute. I think I'd rather move!! Would there be better job opportunities for you in DC?

Moving to the NYC area is my line in the sand. I'd rather move to DC. I have a master's degree in social work, so I can usually find some type of job. I really don't like doing case management, though. The problem is, I've been out of work so long, I'd have to start at the bottom again. I'd rather do something entirely different, even though I'd be starting at the bottom. I am still hoping the FA gig comes through. But I can always sell homemade soap online.

HouCuseChickie

I am going to use it to make a Valentine's cake this week, so I'll see how it goes. Ankarsrum has a You Tube channel, so I've been looking at videos to learn how to use it. I am looking forward to having Swiss meringue buttercream come out as it should. I could never get the egg whites/sugar to stiff peaks because my hand mixer was too weak, so the volume wasn't there. I could only get soft peaks. I would have to make two batches to frost a cake. Like you, I need to go through my appliances and ditch what I don't use.

The panini grill is my son's. He comes home from school and makes a grilled cheese sandwich in it. Then, two hours later, he cooks two brats for himself as dinner. He's as thin as a rail, too. 😂

If I can get stiff peaks with my stand mixer, I'm sure you'll be able to with your new one. My only thing with my mixer...and this is a user issue-not a mixer issue...is that I sometimes get caught up in things while it's mixing. It's nice to be hands free and be able to walk a way for a moment, but I can't tell you how many times I've over-beaten my eggs whites or my cake batter because I walked away for too long. I guess at least the eggs can be saved by just adding in more whites, but it's all downhill once you've compromised the gluten structure with flour.

We moved in 2017 and in my cleaning house, I wound up ditching a waffle iron, ice cream maker, deep fryer, fondue pot, indoor grill, popcorn maker, immersion blender, electric knife, bread maker and hand mixer.

Mmmmm...brats! I keep looking at them when I shop, but they are treat meal territory for me....because I am not thin as a rail :hilarious:

HouCuseChickie

Did one of my normal weekday routines today...worked hard, but didn't feel my normal Monday workout feeling. I normally workout longer over the weekends and it makes Monday feel easier, but the younger one had softball all weekend and the older had a solo master class thingy before all of that. So, I only had time for my weekday workout both Sat and Sun. Sunday was especially brutal since softball went from 8am to nearly midnight on Saturday and back up to the fields by 8am on Sunday. I guess at least I'm still getting in my bare minimums and my weight loss/dietary changes I started back in June are still on track.

It can't be all bad...I woke up thinking I should rope a friend into doing a shorter RunDisney race with me for 2020 since I read over the weekend that girls' trips are good for your health! My luck, my hubby will try and find a way to join us and bring the kids. 😕

Sans Souci

Did one of my normal weekday routines today...worked hard, but didn't feel my normal Monday workout feeling. I normally workout longer over the weekends and it makes Monday feel easier, but the younger one had softball all weekend and the older had a solo master class thingy before all of that. So, I only had time for my weekday workout both Sat and Sun. Sunday was especially brutal since softball went from 8am to nearly midnight on Saturday and back up to the fields by 8am on Sunday. I guess at least I'm still getting in my bare minimums and my weight loss/dietary changes I started back in June are still on track.

It can't be all bad...I woke up thinking I should rope a friend into doing a shorter RunDisney race with me for 2020 since I read over the weekend that girls' trips are good for your health! My luck, my hubby will try and find a way to join us and bring the kids. 😕

OMG, that softball schedule sounds insane. When does she do her homework? Maybe you didn't get the type of workout you wanted done this, but at least you did something. And you are on track with your weight loss, so that's good. I do admit that I get sucked into that "all or nothing" mentality with working out. But I have to remind myself that skipping a work out here and there or working out for 25 min instead of 50-60 isn't going to set me back.

I go on a Disney Cruise with a group of friends annually and it's so fun. I come back feeling renewed and refreshed. Doing a Disney race with a friend sounds like a blast. :)

Maybe you can show your husband the article about women-only trips?

Sans Souci

Hello-

I did You Tube (Fitness Blender) lower body strength training this morning. I might be sore tomorrow. 😂

We're getting some snow, ice and rain today, so I need to salt my sidewalk, driveway and porch. I wonder if I should even bother if it's going to rain.

I had to renew my passport and my husband had to renew his UK passport. He sent both out on the same day. His went to London to be processed and it's arriving here tomorrow. Mine went a whopping 8 miles away to Philly and it's still being processed. Neither one of us paid for expedited service. LOL

And, my husband just tried to drop our son off at school and there is a 2 hour delay. We never got a phone call or a text like we usually do. It never occurred to look at the website, either. It looks like we got less than an inch overnight and the roads are totally clear. It's really weird that neither one of us got the message. This feels like a Monday! :p

HouCuseChickie

OMG, that softball schedule sounds insane. When does she do her homework? Maybe you didn't get the type of workout you wanted done this, but at least you did something. And you are on track with your weight loss, so that's good. I do admit that I get sucked into that "all or nothing" mentality with working out. But I have to remind myself that skipping a work out here and there or working out for 25 min instead of 50-60 isn't going to set me back.

I go on a Disney Cruise with a group of friends annually and it's so fun. I come back feeling renewed and refreshed. Doing a Disney race with a friend sounds like a blast. :)

Maybe you can show your husband the article about women-only trips?

Thankfully, softball is primarily a weekend thing. They practice once or twice during the week, but games usually don't start until Saturday morning (sometimes Friday night). We aren't full blown travel ball for everything yet, but none of this is right in our back yard either. So, by Sunday, I'm often having to drive home to grocery shop and do laundry between games. Summer tournaments can be during the week though. I'm having to take off from work in June because we're supposed to be heading to Louisiana for their big Jennie Finch tournament. Hoping we can work in a little bit of time in New Orleans, even though we'll be closer to Lake Charles.

I've been trying really hard to avoid the all or nothing thinking...along with working out stronger vs. longer. In the end, something is better than nothing.

Honestly, if I get through some upcoming stuff at work and am still a sane woman, I'm going to need some kind of "me" trip...article or not! ;)

HouCuseChickie

Woke up at 4:30am today to get in my workout since I had a breakfast with our division's senior officer this morning and was afraid of being late. At least I was on a role last night with everything I needed to do and was in bed by 9pm. Still debating about elliptical machines.

Sans Souci

Thankfully, softball is primarily a weekend thing. They practice once or twice during the week, but games usually don't start until Saturday morning (sometimes Friday night). We aren't full blown travel ball for everything yet, but none of this is right in our back yard either. So, by Sunday, I'm often having to drive home to grocery shop and do laundry between games. Summer tournaments can be during the week though. I'm having to take off from work in June because we're supposed to be heading to Louisiana for their big Jennie Finch tournament. Hoping we can work in a little bit of time in New Orleans, even though we'll be closer to Lake Charles.

I had four female cousins who did this with figure skating. If they weren't practicing at the rink, they were driving all over the Upper Midwest to competitions. That is a crazy expensive sport and I can't imagine having to pay for four girls to participate.

That would be nice if you can visit NO during the tournament.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I had four female cousins who did this with figure skating. If they weren't practicing at the rink, they were driving all over the Upper Midwest to competitions. That is a crazy expensive sport and I can't imagine having to pay for four girls to participate.

It is crazy expensive. I took private lessons for a few years (over 20 years ago), and I loved it and all, but it was really pricey for the coach, the ice time, etc. And I did it just for my own recreation. For someone that you know with 4 daughters in the sport, that's a very pricey activity!

Songbird76

I'm a bit stiff in the shoulders this morning. I was stocking shelves last night at work and there was one row I couldn't get into with the cart, so I had to carry all the boxes individually, and it was B-Brand stuff, so it had to go to the far end of the aisle. (A brand stuff sells more and has to be put at the front so you don't have to walk as far,) and then there was quite a bit of bulk to put up...that's if we already have an item on the shelf, and then there's a tray with the same item, that tray has to go up on the top shelf, so I have to stretch up on my tiptoes to reach it, and you have to stack them 2 high, so you have to keep reaching up, pulling one down, putting another on top of it, then putting it back up. Great exercise, and my arms aren't sore at all...just my shoulders and neck. But I was glad to be done with it! And that I don't have to work today, because today they are doing inventory, which is really not fun. Glad I'm missing that!!!

Sans Souci

It is crazy expensive. I took private lessons for a few years (over 20 years ago), and I loved it and all, but it was really pricey for the coach, the ice time, etc. And I did it just for my own recreation. For someone that you know with 4 daughters in the sport, that's a very pricey activity!

That's really cool that you took lessons. Did you learn how to do any of those fancy moves? I can see why you'd gravitate towards figure skating because of how much you love the cold. :)

Sans Souci

Good morning.

I did a 30 minute Fitness Blender (free on You Tube!) workout this morning. I've been switching it up from Yoga for a bit.

I might go a walk later, since the snow melted off of the sidewalks, but it's supposed to be really windy. I don't fancy the wind pelting me in the face for an hour.

I am going to use my mixer for the first time today to make a Valentine's Day cake. I am baking it today and frosting it tomorrow. I figure if I mess it up today, I can try again tomorrow. :p

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Good morning. 🌞

I decided to shake things up this morning and do a 30 min. HIIT workout. It was quick and sweaty, but I am awake and energized now. lol

I am going out for a walk later when it warms up and I am making a fourth attempt to find red lentils. 🙄 I want to make a big batch of lentil soup in my Instant Pot tomorrow to freeze into individual portions.

So far, there's been no contact about a phone interview for the flight attendant position I applied for. I had a feeling when I applied that my resume didn't have the right "keywords." I also told my husband I applied and he wasn't impressed. He said, "As long as it doesn't cost me anything." OK, then. :cautious:
I'm sorry to respond so late. Since I've "known" you, you've gone from Chicago to London back to Chicago and then to south Joisey following his career so let's just say Rapunzel had the right idea:angelic: Cost him anything, I have a selection of frying pans if you need to borrow one

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Good luck! Just a bit farther north there's a few nice towns on the NYC rail line. PM me if it comes to that

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom