News New Gondola Transportation - Disney Skyliner -

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I guess I can see people leaving Epcot to stop there for dinner or whatever (though Epcot has plenty of great restaurants...), but I don't see boardwalk as being a major destination and if leaving from the hotel I would rather go to Disney Springs.
There’s really not enough there to impact crowds going to Disney Springs. That’s the premier nightlife area for WDW and nothing will change that. What I’d like to see is everything on Boardwalk open year round into the night. My last stay at BC I was disappointed to see on most of the nights even the little kiosks with games and snacks were closed and they only had entertainment on the weekend nights. The restaurants were all open, but there’s plenty of opportunity for more “street entertainment” every night (clowns, jugglers, dancers, ets...) and even maybe real live music or some outdoor seating by the lake. They did such a good job featuring outdoor seating and entertainment by the lake at Disney Springs I think there’s an opportunity for some of that in the Boardwalk area too. With twice as many people having access to the area it may be economically viable to add to entertainment 7 days a week.

nickys

Premium Member
Personally, I would take the boat from the IG to the boardwalk.

Unless the boat is ready and waiting, you’d be quicker walking. But yes, it’s an option.

If it remains an option.

And why would it not be? The gondola doesn’t affect the boats at all. They are not a replacement for the boats, otherwise there would be a direct line between IG and DHS. They are transport from 4 resorts to 2 parks.

jt04

Unless the boat is ready and waiting, you’d be quicker walking. But yes, it’s an option.

And why would it not be? The gondola doesn’t affect the boats at all. They are not a replacement for the boats, otherwise there would be a direct line between IG and DHS. They are transport from 4 resorts to 2 parks.

I think it is possible management will view the Skyliner as a replacement for the parks routes though not the resort routes. Could also be left as is but only run during peak periods. I am sure they will decide once they observe crowd flow.

nickys

Premium Member
I think it is possible management will view the Skyliner as a replacement for the parks routes though not the resort routes. Could also be left as is but only run during peak periods. I am sure they will decide once they observe crowd flow.

What do you mean “for the parks routes though not the resort routes”?

The lines are AoA / POP to CBR, CBR to DHS and CBR to IG.

You cannot get from IG to DHS without going via a resort. There is no separate resort route.

jt04

What do you mean “for the parks routes though not the resort routes”?

The lines are AoA / POP to CBR, CBR to DHS and CBR to IG.

You cannot get from IG to DHS without going via a resort. There is no separate resort route.

Boat routes.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Boat routes.
There is no park to park boat route either. The Friendship boats go from DHS to Swan/Dolphin to BC/YC to Boardwalk to EPCOT then back again following the same route in reverse. Those 5 resorts have no bus service to DHS or EPCOT so that boat is it outside of walking. They can’t cancel the boats unless they replace them with buses which I don’t see happening. The Skyway has no impact on those boats either way.

jt04

There is no park to park boat route either. The Friendship boats go from DHS to Swan/Dolphin to BC/YC to Boardwalk to EPCOT then back again following the same route in reverse. Those 5 resorts have no bus service to DHS or EPCOT so that boat is it outside of walking. They can’t cancel the boats unless they replace them with buses which I don’t see happening. The Skyway has no impact on those boats either way.

I mean reconfiguring the routes without a direct link. So swolphin to DHS, and swolphin to epcot. Back and forth. Then boardwalk and YC to dhs route. 3 routes.

JohnWD

Are you sure about buses from DHS to Swan/Dolphin? I seem to recall taking the bus from DHS to Swan when it was raining. Then walked to the Boardwalk.

nickys

Premium Member
I mean reconfiguring the routes without a direct link. So swolphin to DHS, and swolphin to epcot. Back and forth. Then boardwalk and YC to dhs route. 3 routes.

Eh? So instead of two boats going the whole route, you think they’ll increase costs by having each of the 3 docks have two boats just for them. The waterway would be so congested it doesn’t bear thinking about. Not to mention it would cost 3 times as much!

nickys

Premium Member
Are you sure about buses from DHS to Swan/Dolphin? I seem to recall taking the bus from DHS to Swan when it was raining. Then walked to the Boardwalk.

Not a regular bus service. If the boats have to stop for a prolonged period, they will use them. Just like if the monorail breaks down, they lay on buses to MK from the Poly and GF

jt04

Eh? So instead of two boats going the whole route, you think they’ll increase costs by having each of the 3 docks have two boats just for them. The waterway would be so congested it doesn’t bear thinking about. Not to mention it would cost 3 times as much!

They will likely need such changes once SW:GE opens. I guess trams might also work. Smaller versions from the parking lot types.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom