Mickey's Mix Magic - New Firework Show 2019

Jiggsawpuzzle35

I was at Disneyland last night and they started the show 7 minutes early presumably to beat the rain I guess. 2 minutes into the show they stopped the fireworks and kept the projection show going. There were a couple drops of rain here and there at the time and that only lasted a couple of minutes.

SuddenStorm

Anyone know how long this is expected to run?

I'm visiting the resort with my roommates in early May- one of whom has never been to Disneyland. I'd hate for this to be the show he sees, but I'm guessing it will be.

bshah365

I've seen it both with pyro and without.... I was actually pretty impressed and really enjoyed the music.. They blast snow during the shows opening and finale, project colorful lights on it to make it look like confetti.. super smart move.. festive and doesn't make a custodial mess.. Pyro was a nice touch but almost seemed to not be a priority to guests eyes.. most were focused on building projections/dancing w family and friends.. This is a cool addition but I hope its only here for a limited time..

Ismael Flores

I've seen it both with pyro and without.... I was actually pretty impressed and really enjoyed the music.. They blast snow during the shows opening and finale, project colorful lights on it to make it look like confetti.. super smart move.. festive and doesn't make a custodial mess.. Pyro was a nice touch but almost seemed to not be a priority to guests eyes.. most were focused on building projections/dancing w family and friends.. This is a cool addition but I hope its only here for a limited time..

i wish they had gone the extra step and added some of those inflatbles they used in the pixar show. the big Coco pupoets were a big hit with guests. seems like this show would have been a good time to use drones and just have them stay over the buildings

NateD1226

I watched the show last night. It wasn’t as bad as what I saw in the Youtube Video. It is better in person. The music isn’t great but I found myself bobbing my head up and down at times. The other problem I had that was that the Fireworks were behind the castle while the projections were on Main Street. I say that if you are not going to do projections on the castle, then don’t do fireworks. I also got to speak with the Lighting Director of the show during a backstage tour. He said that this show is one of the toughest shows he has done because of the different style. He also said that he is tired of Let it Go in shows. They are running out of ideas for what to show with Frozen. Overall the show isn’t great but it is fun to watch. He also said some stuff about Fantasmic which I will post in the appropriate thread.

Ismael Flores

IM going to hate saying this but i also saw the show yesterday and i have tobsay that its not as bad as i thought it was after seeing it on video.
Guests were actually having a good time and i was in a vantage point where i could see the crowds sort of dancing to the music.
the projections were fun and i did like what they dis with the lighting. the lasers and lights hitting the snow machines made it look like confetti and have it that extra party mood.
i do feel bad for the guests waiting in the hub though, not sure if you get the same vibe there. i didnt see projections on the castle. i would have thought the large new tarp would be used but it probably would not look good.

i did find it interesting the around the hub, they had all the guests off to the side and uaed the road as walkway for guests. it really helped the guest flow before the show started. not sure if once it starts they allow guests to fill in the street.

if not then the street would be a good place to do some projections.

overall guests seemed to enjoy it and cheered and clapped at end.

oh and the firework portion seemed much better than on videos. i heard that they added more fireworks from when it originally premiered.

FerretAfros

He also said that he is tired of Let it Go in shows. They are running out of ideas for what to show with Frozen.
Here's a crazy idea: Don't use it.

Disney has one of the deepest catalogues of well-known music on the planet. There's no reason that the same 6 songs from the same 6 movies need to be used in every single show. Variety is the spice of life, and all that.

Touchdown

As for my review, the firework version is pleasant with the Grim Grinning Ghosts/Coco portion standing out. I enjoyed the creative use of the 9 shell sites with a variety of different shells going off from them. I wouldn’t recommend watching it without the pyro but I would with it. Due to it being the low season and this show not being the best received you can find a spot on Main St 15 min before the show without issue. My preferred spot being near the top of Main Street (just far enough in so that you see the projections in your peripheral vision) slightly to the right (Tomorrowland side.). So no tree blocks your view of the fireworks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom