News Spaceship Earth Refurb - 2 Year Closure

yensidtlaw1969

Why fork out for shiny queue toys when everyone is buried in their phone anyway? Boost the WiFi, make a preshow app and think of the money you can save.
I just wish they'd come to that realization before besmirching The Haunted Mansion. That queue is a complete misfire that flies in the face of its own attraction. What was there before was perfection.

Rich Brownn

Right, that's what I said... I didn't even notice any physical elevation change. My only negative is that when I rode it, with no advanced notice of mechanical changes all I saw was the same thing as Spidy with different character, but, the same sense of danger and the same happy ending and the same heat blasting, etc. To me they were both good, but, very much alike in feel.
While they are very similar, there is a significant difference. Spiderman relies more on left-right movement (you basically pass by the screens a lot of the time) so the screens are flat except for the finale... Transformers relies n stopping in front of the screen so any of the screens are massively curved (like the finale is in Spiderman) which gives the illusion of forward motion. Apparently it is very difficult to do the "squinching" on a curved screen so the cars remain stable in front of those or move very slow and turn in place. It make sense when you realize you're basically watching Spiderman until the climax, where in Transformers you are literally inside one of them :)

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
The main problem with most interactive queue elements is that the Imagineers forget that people continually move while in queue but design the interactive elements such that it requires one to stand still. (When was the last time a Disney Imagineer waited in Standby for an attraction?)

So, they had to remove the gaming elements in 7DMT because it caused the line to stop. The interactive element in Mermaid also requires one to stop (in line for an omnimover!) and is too little and too high up for the little ones. Even the new fun elements in Peter Pan cause the line to stop at the shadow wall as people stop and play with it.

Batting around several balloons in a switchback room would be more fun and more practical to play with then the million dollar high tech interactive elements found in some queues.

Even the non-interactive fun things can be a speed bump such as the X-ray droid in Star Tours. So many times people stop to hear his spiel or to take pictures holding up the line.

ppete1975

Why fork out for shiny queue toys when everyone is buried in their phone anyway? Boost the WiFi, make a preshow app and think of the money you can save.
I hate that youre right. It wasn’t that long ago we all were just bored in queues. I cant imagine if they had the cool interactive queues when i was a kid, we certainly didnt all have mobile devices then.

jt04

I can't believe nobody thought of this before. As crazy as it sounds, it just might work.

Imagine (ha!) if the SSE story became traveling through history with Dreamfinder and Figment and seeing the amazing things that were created just because people used their imaginations. It would kill 2 birds as well, by keeping SSE in line with the original vision of the park (which needs to happen) while freeing up the current Imagination pavilion for something else, which is something I'm sure the Bobs want to do.

I actually really like this idea the more I think about it.

Uh oh. Here we go.

Actually you may be right.

What would Epcot Explorer think?

HMF

I just wish they'd come to that realization before besmirching The Haunted Mansion. That queue is a complete misfire that flies in the face of its own attraction. What was there before was perfection.
I really hope that mistake is fixed sooner rather than later.

Horizons78

Grade "A" Funny...
Can you comment if 180 top will essentially be the same or significantly changed (other than tech upgrades)?
Great question.

180 Top will be used to preview trailers from upcoming Disney theatrical releases.

v7zee0.gif

Bender123

I hate that youre right. It wasn’t that long ago we all were just bored in queues. I cant imagine if they had the cool interactive queues when i was a kid, we certainly didnt all have mobile devices then.

Even though, technically, the line doesn't move any faster by filling in a gap of 20 feet in front of you, it does wonders for psychological feeling of movement and progress. People behind the game players/phone people get reallllllly angry if the line isn't moving, even though the actual effect of closing the gap is absolutely no time savings.

LukeS7

No, all of the GMR animatronics are going into the Grand Canyon railroad scene that is totally being built in a giant show building visible from the main approach to the MK.
No clue why, but that post made me go "hmmm, what fun ways could they use those AA's in MK?" and the answer my brain visualized was the Alien AA popping down at people in the main entrance tunnels under the train station

Missing20K

To be honest, to scrap the ride system type would be a vastly difficult thing to do. One of the (many) reasons Time Racers didn’t happen. Not only are some of the climbs very steep, having anything that’s not a linked chain of vehicles throws up all kinds of issues about a suitable and failsafe way of preventing rollback.
You mentioned in an earlier post that the "how" and "where" of guest boarding will change. If the omnimover system remains, I'm incredibly curious as to the change in "how" and "where" guests board.

Is this to suggest that the path the vehicles take may be altered?

Understood if you can't say.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom