News Reusable shopping bags now available at all Walt Disney World owned and operated merchandise locations

JohnD

While this isn't a major issue for me, I have to agree that the designs are nice. So, if you're going reusable at least they came up with designs worth carrying around.

cosmicgirl

I like the design but I'm dreading the day they go the Disney Store way and make you pay for a bag or get no bag at all. Despite being reusable bags I highly doubt that any guests who bought something on day 1 will take that bag with them to the parks on all other days just in case they may want to buy something. So in practice, anyone who shops without a plan will end up paying for a bag every single time they buy something.

MrPromey

IDespite being reusable bags I highly doubt that any guests who bought something on day 1 will take that bag with them to the parks on all other days just in case they may want to buy something. So in practice, anyone who shops without a plan will end up paying for a bag every single time they buy something.

That's all part of the evil plan! ;)

MrPromey

I'm just glad they came up with something nicer design-wise than what they give you shame you into buying at the Disney Store. The last time I came home with one of those my SO asked me if I'd stolen one of the bags they hand you for use in the store and really, that's exactly what it looked like in plain dark blue with the mickey outline on the side.

These at least look like something that would be good for gift bags and such with designs and colors that are nice.

I won't be happy when/if these become the only choice because like everyone else, I don't want to end up having to buy 3 dozen of these because I never remember to cart my previous one back to the parks with me but as an option, these are nice and would make nice related gift bags.

Last edited:

eliza61nyc

Starting to sound like a money grab. I'm not carrying these things around. I'll just buy one for each day's purchases then toss it. They need recycle points at the resorts and park entrances. I'd be fine with dropping off the old ones at the park entrance.

How??
Believe it or not, I've seen guest ask for reusable bags. myself included. I know every time I'm in the world and by a little trinket they always give me this humongous bag that is so wasteful. they are still using the regular plastic bags so no harm, no foul I'm glad to have the option. These also are much prettier imo than those ubiquitous bags

Texas84

How??
Believe it or not, I've seen guest ask for reusable bags. myself included. I know every time I'm in the world and by a little trinket they always give me this humongous bag that is so wasteful. they are still using the regular plastic bags so no harm, no foul I'm glad to have the option. These also are much prettier imo than those ubiquitous bags
Are you asking how is it a money grab? You have to pay for them, don't you? I'm not against this, I'm just saying they're going into the trash when I get home, just like the plastic. I would like a way to recycle them.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom