Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

Rteetz

IveBeenJack

@marni1971 @SWGalaxysEdge @MisterPenguin
To the best of my knowledge it hasn't been stated where the exact entrance to the Falcon ride building would be, Star Wars Explained YT Channel guessed that from information revealed in the recent book all about Hondo and Flight of the Falcon, that we would enter through Hondo's "Ohnaka Transport Solutions" shopfront, which most likely would be this massive archway here.

But then there are these curious circular shaped exit corridors that are eerily reminiscent of the interior of the Falcon, so my guess would be that this is the exit part for this attraction. Especially considering that in the construction phases we learnt this area would house the Pre-Shows for the attraction.

drod1985

Traditionally entrances are smaller than exits, right? It'd make sense to me if the tubes on the left hand side of the Falcon were the entrances and the shop was the exit. This way there could be separation for standby and fastpass (and possibly single/"solo" rider), the queue would have plenty of space before getting to the preshow section (if it's) on the other side of the Falcon, and post-ride everybody would dump into the gift shop, as per Disney tradition.

IveBeenJack

Traditionally entrances are smaller than exits, right? It'd make sense to me if the tubes on the left hand side of the Falcon were the entrances and the shop was the exit. This way there could be separation for standby and fastpass (and possibly single/"solo" rider), the queue would have plenty of space before getting to the preshow section (if it's) on the other side of the Falcon, and post-ride everybody would dump into the gift shop, as per Disney tradition.

Completely agree, just wanted to throw some ideas out there and see what people were thinking. The only reason why I brought up the other area as the entrance, is that supposedly in story terms, we're meant to be entering Hondo's "Ohnaka Transport Solutions" storefront, and so thought that Disney might be reversing their traditional structure for an attraction e.g. exit through gift shop. As there will be plenty of retail space within the land within Merchant's Row.

But those archways would make more sense as the entrance, FP+, Solo riders etc.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

I don't know much other than what insiders tell us, and insiders haven't come down AFAIK on the queue situation for Falcon. However, I do know from concept art and the model that where the white arrow is is just a raised platform without any up or down facing the Falcon. Sorta like a stage. It's just currently not completely constructed.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
@marni1971 @SWGalaxysEdge @MisterPenguin
To the best of my knowledge it hasn't been stated where the exact entrance to the Falcon ride building would be, Star Wars Explained YT Channel guessed that from information revealed in the recent book all about Hondo and Flight of the Falcon, that we would enter through Hondo's "Ohnaka Transport Solutions" shopfront, which most likely would be this massive archway here.

View attachment 347648
View attachment 347650

But then there are these curious circular shaped exit corridors that are eerily reminiscent of the interior of the Falcon, so my guess would be that this is the exit part for this attraction. Especially considering that in the construction phases we learnt this area would house the Pre-Shows for the attraction.
View attachment 347651View attachment 347673
But also duding from this earlier piece of concept art, this archway at the bottom of the tower could easily be the entrance as well???

View attachment 347698
I don't know much other than what insiders tell us, and insiders haven't come down AFAIK on the queue situation for Falcon. However, I do know from concept art and the model that where the white arrow is is just a raised platform without any up or down facing the Falcon. Sorta like a stage. It's just currently not completely constructed.

Red is entrance(s)

Green exit (s)

(All at ground level, none involve the Falcon prop)

Last edited:

kthomas105

This just in...The "Smuggler's Run" (Falcon) attraction has 3 separate entrances! Fast pass, Single rider, and Stand by and they each have their own way in!

One of the entrances is through the previously mentioned "vent" in the side of the mountain area (see image #1) and the other 2 are behind the Falcon.(see image #2)

Educated GUESS - the "Fastpass" entrance will be the "vent" one since it is right next to a turntable. Not confirmed.

*NOTE image #1, I initially was guessing at what it was for.

View attachment 346396
View attachment 346397

This was posted in the DL SWGE discussion and goes along with the questions of guest flow into and out of the show building. I dont know how accurate it is just passing the info along.

sedati

This was posted in the DL SWGE discussion and goes along with the questions of guest flow into and out of the show building. I dont know how accurate it is just passing the info along.
The discussion spanned November 25th- 26th (page #586) and between myself and BrianLo, I think we nailed it. (Also, I know these threads are huge, but I think if you at least searched my posts, BrianLo's, and Britain's, you'll find deductions on most key points of this project well ahead of other sources and with confirmations by Martin.)

Last edited:

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
So, on the Q1 Conference Call, twice it was mentioned that SWL in Orlando was opening this fiscal year. This fiscal year ends Sept 30.

Edit. I missed that Bob whispered a correction. So, that means it won't open before Oct 1.

Voice recording of conference call...

See 31:45 for SWL.

Last edited:

DonaldDoleWhip

I'm so pumped - this is starting to feel real!

Before WDW changed their ticket system to a dynamic pricing model, bought a 3-day park hopper that's good through 2019. Didn't have accommodation booked but was getting antsy about on-property rates, so bit the bullet and used Marriott points at the Swan. Being able to walk to DHS and having early FP+ access should be huge. The only thing missing is airfare–and confirmation that the land will be open by 12/15/19...

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom