News Planet Hollywood Super Store to close at Disney's Hollywood Studios

tissandtully

Um, Hollywood? Since there is already a Planet Hollywood at DS, they tried extending the store to Hollywood Studios.
The initial theme for Sunset Blvd was old school Hollywood, not shirts from a theme restaurant and Mighty morphin power rangers props. It seemed to just not belong, or was forced branding.

tomast

I think it was a cool store, a place where you can see some clasic movies props that don't belong to Disney itself.
It was a really good addition to the original theming of the park, Hollywood, but not only it, but the magic of movie-making, the sets, The props, the costumes,the effects. You were not supposed to walk through New York, instead you were supposed to see that you where walking on a set that looks like NY. And that was great.

But nowadays most of those things are done on a computer and there is no need for a park about that. So I think PH store was a nice thing but it's time for it to say good bye...

BTW: the outside of the store was really nice.

Last edited:

DisneyDreamerxyz

I went in Planet Hollywood last night and talked with an employee - she said that she is not employed by Disney but directly through Planet Hollywood, and all the people who work at the store at Studios have the option to move to the one in Springs if they want to.

She also told me they will be knocking down the wall and making the Disney store next to it bigger. (Legends of Hollywood), which is kinda small so it makes sense.

Last edited:

TrojanUSC

I do believe it was to be the entrance/store for the failed David Copperfield Magic Underground restaurant...
CimT70jUUAA8omc.jpg

At one point the plan was to have the restaurant straddle the entrance to the park, sort of like Rainforest at DAK.

Sharon&Susan

Sunset is present day. As we know.
Wasn’t it originally the 1940’s (with Dick Tracy, A Disney Studios replica, Mel Brook’s Universal Monsters parody attractions and Roger Rabbit being all planned attractions that supported the 1940’s theme) and they changed the backstory while they were developing RNRCWA?

Last edited:

Movielover

Wasn’t it originally the 1940’s (with **** Tracy, A Disney Studios replica, Mel Brook’s Universal Monsters parody attractions and Roger Rabbit being all planned attractions that supported the 1940’s theme) and they changed the backstory while they were developing RNRCWA?

It's very vague but the time setting changes as you move further down Sunset. You start out at the corner of Hollywood and Sunset in the beginning of the golden age of Hollywood, the 20's. Pass through the 30's with the Carthay Circle "theater". The 40's and WW2 in the area around Rosie's and the market is next before jumping to the 90's with RNRC then resting with "Present Day" at TOT.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom