News Planet Hollywood Super Store to close at Disney's Hollywood Studios

No Name

It's got Planet Hollywood signage all over the exterior. Kind of surprised people never noticed it. Granted I've never been inside.

1548375258835.png

MagicRat

I do believe it was to be the entrance/store for the failed David Copperfield Magic Underground restaurant...
CimT70jUUAA8omc.jpg
When is this board going to see that the man above in a bow tie was not evil. I am in Vegas right now with Copperfield down the street. He is still making money, the restaurant would have been nice but being thankful that the retail store is closing because one doesn’t like it is not nice. May those wishing and enjoying it have bud light carts at every corner in the magic kingdom.

GlacierGlacier

When is this board going to see that the man above in a bow tie was not evil. I am in Vegas right now with Copperfield down the street. He is still making money, the restaurant would have been nice but being thankful that the retail store is closing because one doesn’t like it is not nice. May those wishing and enjoying it have bud light carts at every corner in the magic kingdom.
I uh.. don't quite see how you drew that conclusion there. Any of those conclusions, in fact.

Monorail_Red_77

Unfortunate but always thought it was weird that there was a PH store without a restaurant attached.

There is a weird anomaly like that next to the University near my town. There is a 7-Eleven convenience store with no gas pumps directly next to a Mobil convenience store with gas pumps. You would think that the 7-Eleven would have been put out of business. They are still going strong. Also, there is a 7_eleven near me that has branded Sunoco gas while all the other 7-Elevens are self branded. Weird stuff. Not that co-branding is weird like Circle K store with BP Gas. Just weird specifically with 7-Eleven brand as you usually never see it that way, at least in my experience.

ioa792

There is a weird anomaly like that next to the University near my town. There is a 7-Eleven convenience store with no gas pumps directly next to a Mobil convenience store with gas pumps. You would think that the 7-Eleven would have been put out of business. They are still going strong. Also, there is a 7_eleven near me that has branded Sunoco gas while all the other 7-Elevens are self branded. Weird stuff. Not that co-branding is weird like Circle K store with BP Gas. Just weird specifically with 7-Eleven brand as you usually never see it that way, at least in my experience.

Growing up in the north (specifically Northern New Jersey), 711' do not really have gas pumps up there. I was surprised to see 711 branded gas when I moved to Orlando.

Piebald

The company that owns PH is poop right now so I'm wondering if this decision was purely financial since they're hurting (I imagine there was some money being paid to occupy some seriously hot merch real estate, right?)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom