News FPs cancelled when Hotel room cancelled

Rteetz

Original Poster
What would make sense is if there was a grace period - i.e. the FPs disappear if there's no reservation attached for 24 hours. But if you rebook and your FPs overlap, then you're OK.

Still won't solve the throwaway campground issue...
Looks like there will be a grace period. Just saw more to the rumor. The FPs will be flagged for 2 days and after two days they will be cancelled.

Wngo905

In the Parks
No
Sure - but some people book a trip, let's say April 1 to 14, but only intend to stay from April 7 to 14. So their FP window opens April 1, they get a better shot at FoP and SDD than if they had their actual booking. A few weeks after FP selection, they modify their reservation to April 7-14. Their FPs are still only valid for the days they are there, but....
Yep, that's the kind of thing I was talking about.

AND Thanks for having my Birthday as one of the dates in your example;) 🤣

cosmicgirl

What would make sense is if there was a grace period - i.e. the FPs disappear if there's no reservation attached for 24 hours. But if you rebook and your FPs overlap, then you're OK.

Still won't solve the throwaway campground issue...
Looks like there will be a grace period. Just saw more to the rumor. The FPs will be flagged for 2 days and after two days they will be cancelled.
This is what happens when you cancel a package and have no other tickets in your account. They hold the FPs for a few days and send you a warning that you need to link a ticket or the FPs will be lost. I don't remember the exact number of days, though.

CJR

I've canceled before and kept Fast Passes, but they were for the Safari, Everest, and Dinosaur, so not really anything for Disney to get mad about. I didn't book for the window, it was my wife's birthday and she decided to stay off property at a much nicer hotel for around the same price. I was shocked that Disney had no cancelation fee, bet that's coming too.

EDIT: Now that I think about it, the lack of FoP on the first day played a role in our cancellation. The three we ended up getting are all typically available at the 30 day mark, and probably the day of in most cases (we were there on a weekday in October). We were upset that after well over a year, it was still impossible to get FoP passes despite having a reservation and checking on day 60, the first day we could. Coupled with the added parking charges, we decided it wasn't worth it and stayed off property at a nicer hotel with free parking. I will say that had we scored FoP passes, we probably wouldn't have cancelled. Other factors played a role too, but I think we would have just toughed it out and kept the reservation. Without the window though, the added parking and less features (it was All Star Movies), it wasn't worth it to us.

Last edited:

Texas84

mikejs78

Premium Member
I've canceled before and kept Fast Passes, but they were for the Safari, Everest, and Dinosaur, so not really anything for Disney to get mad about. I didn't book for the window, it was my wife's birthday and she decided to stay off property at a much nicer hotel for around the same price. I was shocked that Disney had no cancelation fee, bet that's coming too.
There already is a cancelation fee if you cancel within 6 days with a room only reservation, and 30 days for a package.

JohnD

Reportedly starting 2/4 when you cancel your WDW hotel room your fastpasses will also be cancelled so those that made throwaway room reservations wouldn't be able to do so anymore.

Also you are said to have 2 days of grace period. So if you rebook you would still have the fastpasses rather than them cancelling immediately.

I'm guessing this is the case if you're a non-AP holder for any point in time. For AP holders, if within a 30 day window, I'm guessing you would retain them. If 31-60 days, you would lose your FPs.

Rebel_

Maybe it’s the cold weather that has me slow, but how does this stop somebody from booking a room for a day or two and enjoying rolling 60 day fast past windows For the length of their trip?

Rebel_

You get FPs for the days your trip is booked. Sure, you can book 60 days out. But they aren't rolling FPs.

So if you have 8 day tix assigned to MDX and a POP for the first two nights then move off prop you can only do your FPP for days 1-3 at 60 days before day one, and NOT then do days 4-8 for 60 days before each one of those?

nickys

Premium Member
Maybe it’s the cold weather that has me slow, but how does this stop somebody from booking a room for a day or two and enjoying rolling 60 day fast past windows For the length of their trip?

It doesn’t.

That’s another “feature” of the FP window which would be relatively easy to stop.

It looks as though they are working their way through a prioritised list of loopholes they want to close.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
We canceled at just over a week away. Still, a very generous policy, in my opinion when you consider that it's Disney.

Now you've done it. I'm sure Disney will now adjust their policies to be "in line with industry standards" regarding cancellations and cancellation fees. All in the name of scraping up a few more dollars for the bottom line. (And there's still the resort fee that you know is coming eventually...)

nickys

Premium Member
So if you have 8 day tix assigned to MDX and a POP for the first two nights then move off prop you can only do your FPP for days 1-3 at 60 days before day one, and NOT then do days 4-8 for 60 days before each one of those?

It works exactly as you said. You do get the rolling 60 day window. As I said in another reply, it would be easy enough to stop, and I’m pretty sure they might do.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom