The lines and wait times when Avatar land opens

GlacierGlacier

I check wait times about once or twice a day during the weekdays. For FoP, if you happen to be on a weekday of a not-holiday week, i've seen it get down to 90 minutes around lunchtime. So, eat early, pop in from 12-2, and it should be one of the shorter waits of the day.

Driver

We got in line around 6:55 this morning and were off the ride at 7:55. They were posting wait times of 90 and 120, so it probably ended up being a 55 minute wait.
You did well!....... I had some time to kill on Friday ( boy did I kill it) got in line for FOP at 2:45 by the time I got to the seat it was 6:45,4 hrs.later. The line was crawling . So there's proof your mileage may vary. FP or rope drop is still a good idea

Daveeeeed

We got in line around 6:55 this morning and were off the ride at 7:55. They were posting wait times of 90 and 120, so it probably ended up being a 55 minute wait.
You did well!....... I had some time to kill on Friday ( boy did I kill it) got in line for FOP at 2:45 by the time I got to the seat it was 6:45,4 hrs.later. The line was crawling . So there's proof your mileage may vary. FP or rope drop is still a good idea
The day after it opened (a Sunday during Memorial-Day Weekend), we got to the park's front gate around 6:40 am and had ridden Flight of Passage by 8 am. Upon entering the 'land queue' we had an hour wait tops. Not too bad for opening weekend. On top of that, we ate a great breakfast at Satuli Canteen with zero wait afterward we rode FoP. Somehow the night before I got 4 faspasses and we rode Na'vi River Journey that way after Breakfast. The morning could not have gone better.

Bottom line is, just get there before the park opens and it's a very manageable wait. Perhaps not as lucky with the NRJ fastpasses, but that ride to me is a C-ticket and is not worth anything over a 30-minute wait (and that's only because it's new), so it's not a big deal if you miss that. Unless of course, you're the Tim Tracker:p

gorillaball

Current park open logistics? When the area first opens are they still filtering people through the Fastpass line first and then to the regular line? Approximately how long does it take to switch them over? We will be there for the first time Dec 21 and want to go through the full/regular line for the first experience. Open to suggestions on arrival times and plans to best accomplish this. (we will be taking uber or Minnie van to the park so we will minimize the unknowns of bus timing)

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Current park open logistics? When the area first opens are they still filtering people through the Fastpass line first and then to the regular line? Approximately how long does it take to switch them over? We will be there for the first time Dec 21 and want to go through the full/regular line for the first experience. Open to suggestions on arrival times and plans to best accomplish this. (we will be taking uber or Minnie van to the park so we will minimize the unknowns of bus timing)
December 21? Sleep in the parking lot overnight.

twebber55

given that its dec 21 i would get there at least an hour before it opens maybe sooner

twebber55

What's your take on DHS's numbers for the next two year?
10% bump for DHS for this year
30% bump the SWGE the following years

hard to judge because we dont know when late fall really means

one thing to note is there were some people (who i would never signal out) who grossly under estimated the popularity of Pandora. Execution is more important than IP guys plain and simple. it fit into a park doesnt matter to the general public see Frozen

mergatroid

Original Poster
10% bump for DHS for this year
30% bump the SWGE the following years

hard to judge because we dont know when late fall really means

one thing to note is there were some people (who i would never signal out) who grossly under estimated the popularity of Pandora. Execution is more important than IP guys plain and simple. it fit into a park doesnt matter to the general public see Frozen

Funny how they went quiet after assuring everyone it would be a failure :)

twebber55

Gee, who would have ever thought that the most profitable movie of all time would be very popular and sought after at the most popular theme park in the world?
around here you would be surprised but also you have people here who refuse to take a step into DAK because of Pandora so normal sometimes gets thrown out the window

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom