The lines and wait times when Avatar land opens

RSoxNo1

Yes, because they went with 4 theaters. Any less would have been a public relations nightmare. They learned from Soarin' it seems.
Did they? Flight of Passage has less capacity than Soarin' with 3 theaters. They also didn't learn that lesson when they retrofitted Frozen Ever After. They could have made 5 or even 6 theaters for Flight of Passage.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Some rain earlier... not bad at all for a weekend (Sunday, 4:20 PM)...

upload_2017-6-4_16-23-15.png

freediverdude

Yes, my friend who has a 3 day Disney hotel stay in October, was online at exactly 7am at the 60 day mark this week and could not get a FoP fastpass for any of her days, so it's still very competitive apparently.

matt9112

I know the line will still be insane but how's the morning EMH rush and wait? possible of getting in line and not waiting more than an hour? will be there in the AM.

freediverdude

I know the line will still be insane but how's the morning EMH rush and wait? possible of getting in line and not waiting more than an hour? will be there in the AM.

You could follow what I did the first week and probably not wait more than an hour or so- arrive at Animal Kingdom about an hour and 15 to an hour and a half before official park open. Be one of that first group that they let through the security and then be right up by the turnstiles/tapstiles when they start letting people in. Then walk directly to Avatar and they may hold you at the entrance to the land for a bit, but you'll be in that first group when they let people enter the ride queue.

jt04

I remember the days when people claimed the area would calm down by now. Comedy gold.

I don't even think F&W will diminish the wait times substantially.

Princess Leia

I'll be going to AK the Saturday after Thanksgiving. There is morning EMH at 8:00. If my friends and I want to rope drop Pandora, how early should we arrive to avoid lines? We can reserve FP+ in 13 days, and if we don't get a FP+ for FOP, I'm curious as to how long the lines are at 7:30 AM.

disneygeek90

I'll be going to AK the Saturday after Thanksgiving. There is morning EMH at 8:00. If my friends and I want to rope drop Pandora, how early should we arrive to avoid lines? We can reserve FP+ in 13 days, and if we don't get a FP+ for FOP, I'm curious as to how long the lines are at 7:30 AM.
From my experience, be there 60-90 mins. before open. This will put you most likely in the first few shows.

Texas84

My experience: Had the early morning today (Monday). Got there about 0715 and they were letting guests in to the park. There was a second MB check for the EMH so I guess everyone else could hang out around the entrance. Pandora was opened at 0730 and I was out of FoP about 0815. Got right back in line and I was out again about 0920. When I exited the wait was listed as 210 minutes.

Princess Leia

Me again, sorry for the bump.
Animal Kingdom is opening at 7 AM on Saturday. My friends and I are planning to be on a bus at 6:15, but who knows how reliable the buses will be the Saturday after Thanksgiving. We have an 8:00 FP for River Journey.

From what I have seen on the app, FoP continues to show 3 hour waits almost instantly after the park open, EMH or not. Do we have a reasonable chance of getting on FOP without a 2 hour wait if we’re arriving literally before sunrise?

Driver

Me again, sorry for the bump.
Animal Kingdom is opening at 7 AM on Saturday. My friends and I are planning to be on a bus at 6:15, but who knows how reliable the buses will be the Saturday after Thanksgiving. We have an 8:00 FP for River Journey.

From what I have seen on the app, FoP continues to show 3 hour waits almost instantly after the park open, EMH or not. Do we have a reasonable chance of getting on FOP without a 2 hour wait if we’re arriving literally before sunrise?
Just being honest here, but don't get your hopes up. This is a holiday week and the crowds are up. The lines may diminish slightly at different times of any particular day but on average expect 2 hrs. I can tell you the attraction is awesome but there is no quick in other than a FP. And that applies to CM's as well. The lines will not diminish soon as there are so many people coming to WDW. Whether they are AP's, or just returning for annual or semi annual etc. A lot of people want to see Pandora. If you use SDMT as an example that attraction has been open for a long time and the lines are still long. So add a holiday week into the mix and there you have it. Enjoy your stay you're at Disney!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom