New "Ultra Value" Hotels?

SeminoleVators

Original Poster
I know Universal is opening the new Endless Summer Resorts- any chance disney will try to open an Ultra-Value resort like this?

SeminoleVators

Original Poster
What about another normal-value resort? Any insiders hear anything about this? I also Disney getting a Ritz-Carlton-style hotel soon, but the Four Seasons might have done that.

Tom P.

Even now, with all the price increases, you can find a value resort room for just a little more than $100 per night, depending on the time of year you go and what promotions they are offering. I can't imagine Disney ever offering on property resort rooms for less than that.

As to building new value resorts, I certainly hope so, and I expect they eventually will. I may be in the minority in thinking that. But they are doing their first "moderate" DVC resort. I think they will circle back to the values eventually. Especially since, as others have said, AoA and Pop are about to get a lot more popular with the gondola system.

dreamfinder

You mean a warehouse type structure with cots and a shared common bathroom facility like at a gym? Nah, can't see that. And by alot of guesses, WDW is going to move away from the various tiering of resort types as they add the gondola and make other change that blur the commonly accepted lines.

Tom P.

I am not very familiar with Universal at all, so please forgive me if this is common knowledge or has been discussed before. But what is the typical price point of Cabana Bay and what is expected to be the price point for Endless Summer?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I am not very familiar with Universal at all, so please forgive me if this is common knowledge or has been discussed before. But what is the typical price point of Cabana Bay and what is expected to be the price point for Endless Summer?

I believe cabana bay runs 150-250 typically...regular price.

So more or less moderate WDW type place with value pricing.

danlb_2000

Premium Member

August 5-6, 2019:

Endless Summer Standard room $149
Endless Summer 2 Bedroom Suite $224
Cabana Bay: $199
All Star Movie $147
AOA Suite: $404

Tony the Tigger

August 5-6, 2019:

All Star Movie $147

I can’t see $147 for All Star anything. $75-$80 max or you can get a really nice non-Disney hotel for $147.

Heck, I’m going to CBR in a few days for $129, and our last stay at AKL in Sept 2017 was around $225.

Gotta shop budget!

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I can’t see $147 for All Star anything. $75-$80 max or you can get a really nice non-Disney hotel for $147.

Heck, I’m going to CBR in a few days for $129, and our last stay at AKL in Sept 2017 was around $225.

Gotta shop budget!

Caribbean is only worth $125-150...I can’t stress that more.

All Star is about $100

Deluxes vary...but since they’ve had Bigtime trouble selling them for 10+ years...it’s closer to $300 than $600...

This is a Disney board...so it would be a hard sell here....but the pricing structure is out of whack. They do a good job of selling “out of whack”, however

ratherbeinwdw

August 5-6, 2019:

All Star Movie $147
I have never seen Cabana Bay anywhere near that price. It must have been a peak season or something. They always have a discount. The most I've ever seen for an AP is 99.00. We stay at Sapphire Falls, which is so much better than most every resort at Disney, for 127.00 to 167.00 I've even gotten it for 119.00. This place is beautiful, clean, has a huge, well stocked fitness center with a sauna in the women's and men's locker rooms. It has meeting rooms, upscale bar, room service, Starbucks, covered parking, game room, etc. The pool is massive. It has water taxi service straight to the parks, with security at the dock saving time. And, important to us, they only allow dogs in certain rooms. My daughter has a couple of videos on YouTube with tours of Sapphire Falls.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom