The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Songbird76

Is that a lid that closes over the burners? If it is, that is brilliant!
Yep....that's standard here. They all have that. We went to one store and looked at what was available...they had the one step down from the one I ordered, but not the one I ordered...the one step down was their most expensive model and I was trying to figure out what the difference was between 2 Bosch models because there was a 100 euro price difference. The only difference I could see was one had the wok burner and one didn't. We asked, and the one has a soft close door, and the lid thing is slightly different. Then she showed us other models and advised against Indesit because they are not as high quality, and she showed us the flimsy metal strips that hold the lid on, verses the hinges on the top model. To be honest, I don't use the lid much. But I don't think there is a single model without it, so you have to pay for it anyway. BUT, I'm totally cheating this time and lining the oven racks with tinfoil as soon as I get it to save on time cleaning.

Rista1313

Getting a haircut on Saturday. It looked like it was getting long (few inches below the shoulders), so I looked on my calendar to see when I last had it cut. It was back in September ... :oops: Time for a trim, I guess, since it's January? :p
Heck I haven't had a trim since last April or May... It's time, but I am leaving it for the winter months to keep me warm!

Songbird76

Today was a little worrisome. Kapono (our dog) hasn't been herself the last few days. Very lethargic and really wasn't interested in food including our food, and didn't want to go outside for very long and she loves being outside. We thought the outside thing is because there is so much ice out there and she was slipping. So Brad took her to the vet today and they didn't have an appointment so we had to leave her there during the day so they could check her out whenever they had a spare moment, and she absolutely HATES the vet. Anyway, long story short the vet said all her tests came out perfect and got an anti-inflammatory just in case she tweaked a muscle on the ice. Oh and we decided to get rid of the rest of the food she has and treats (they were new for her, a gift from Santa) and give her fresh food treats. And now that she is home she is acting like her old self, barking, eating. So I guess we took her in for nothing but since she is never sick it was concerning. Just a little crazy and stressful to think about all day.
Awww....it wasn't for nothing. It was for your peace of mind. That's a good investment.

Songbird76

Your old choir? Are you no longer singing then?
Oh yes....I just switched choirs a couple of years ago. The one I was singing with, there were a couple of catty women who made it miserable. One was fat shaming me, and she was on the clothing committee and she pulled me aside to "talk about something sensitive". There was an upcoming performance, and women were supposed to wear black pants and either a red top, or a black top and red accessories, men in all black with red accessories. She told me I was not allowed to wear a red top, I had to wear the black with red accessories, and I needed to get it approved by the committee, and I could either take a picture and send it to them, or she could go shopping with me to pick out something appropriate. She was so uncomfortable and she started to say it was because I was big (she said "Well you're....." and gestured a more curvy figure), then halfway through the conversation, she changed and said it was because the director wanted me to "stand out" for the 5 second part I spoke in Uptown Funk. (As the only native speaker, I was given the "Before you leave...let me tell ya all a little something" line.) But it was obviously an excuse she made up to cover up her trying to hide me, because if everyone else is wearing either full black, OR red tops....what stands out more? Not the black. And I asked the director and he knew nothing about it, and one of the other clothing committee members was confused as to why I sent a picture of my outfit for approval...she knew nothing about it either and said I've always looked nice for the performances, so she didn't know why I was asking for confirmation. So it was all this one woman who thought it was embarrassing that I'm fat, and wanted to hide me.

And then one of the other women, who was on the dance committee, was jealous because when we did the anniversary concert, we brought in a professional choreographer, who asked the dance committee to pick 2-3 people in each section to stand in front, based on stage presence and how well we knew the choreo, but making sure everyone had a turn at standing in the front on one song at least.. At the time, I was a 2nd Soprano, and this other woman was 1st Soprano. So the people who decided who would stand in front picked me for over half the songs. This woman wasn't involved in the choosing, and after the rehearsal where they told us who was in front for which songs, she asked me how many times I was in front. I said I had no idea....I hadn't counted. She says " -I- got chosen for 10!" in a way that made it clear she was staking her claim as queen bee. I just said "Good job!" Then, after the concert, the director moved me to 1st soprano...I had only been singing 2nd because the previous director said there was no need for 1sts, but she didn't want to say no to me, so she stuck me in 2nd. The new director said it was ridiculous when I could sing higher than any of the other firsts. So he moved me. And because I wasn't a 2nd, I couldn't stand in the front for the 2nd sop section, and the woman who had primarily done the staging had stepped out of the dance committee, so whenever we learned new choreo and had to choose people to stand in the front, this woman made sure I wasn't one of them. If I was standing in front, she'd tell me they had enough firsts for the front row and push Britt up front to my place. I didn't care about where I stood, but the fact that she said they had enough, and then she grabs someone from the back and shoves them forward and pulls me back...and after having made the declaration that SHE had TEN songs where she stood in front...she was feeling very threatened by my being singled out. She also made comments...I'm the only one who was classically trained and could sight read music, and the director was not a pianist...he could play the basic chords, but voice parts were tricky. One time, there was a part that he just couldn't play...I think it was for the altos or maybe tenors. But he said they'd have to listen to the MP3 or maybe someone could sing it. Everyone looked at me. I turned bright red and asked "Why is everyone looking at me??" And he said "Because you're the only one who can read music." And this woman was sitting next to me and muttered under her breath "-I- can read music....I played recorder in school." She was so angry that he had said I was the "only" one....but she hadn't played recorder since her school days and she was like 60, and playing notes on an instrument is not the same as being able to sing them without someone playing it for you. Anyway, if those two women hadn't been in positions of power within the choir, I could have stayed. But they made sure to let me know that I did not belong and they didn't want me there.

When the director said he was leaving our choir, I left, too. He had one other group that was much more professional and was more interested in what someone had to offer than what they look like, etc. So I joined that one. Much nicer.

Sorry for the novel.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Oh yes....I just switched choirs a couple of years ago. The one I was singing with, there were a couple of catty women who made it miserable. One was fat shaming me, and she was on the clothing committee and she pulled me aside to "talk about something sensitive". There was an upcoming performance, and women were supposed to wear black pants and either a red top, or a black top and red accessories, men in all black with red accessories. She told me I was not allowed to wear a red top, I had to wear the black with red accessories, and I needed to get it approved by the committee, and I could either take a picture and send it to them, or she could go shopping with me to pick out something appropriate. She was so uncomfortable and she started to say it was because I was big (she said "Well you're....." and gestured a more curvy figure), then halfway through the conversation, she changed and said it was because the director wanted me to "stand out" for the 5 second part I spoke in Uptown Funk. (As the only native speaker, I was given the "Before you leave...let me tell ya all a little something" line.) But it was obviously an excuse she made up to cover up her trying to hide me, because if everyone else is wearing either full black, OR red tops....what stands out more? Not the black. And I asked the director and he knew nothing about it, and one of the other clothing committee members was confused as to why I sent a picture of my outfit for approval...she knew nothing about it either and said I've always looked nice for the performances, so she didn't know why I was asking for confirmation. So it was all this one woman who thought it was embarrassing that I'm fat, and wanted to hide me.

And then one of the other women, who was on the dance committee, was jealous because when we did the anniversary concert, we brought in a professional choreographer, who asked the dance committee to pick 2-3 people in each section to stand in front, based on stage presence and how well we knew the choreo, but making sure everyone had a turn at standing in the front on one song at least.. At the time, I was a 2nd Soprano, and this other woman was 1st Soprano. So the people who decided who would stand in front picked me for over half the songs. This woman wasn't involved in the choosing, and after the rehearsal where they told us who was in front for which songs, she asked me how many times I was in front. I said I had no idea....I hadn't counted. She says " -I- got chosen for 10!" in a way that made it clear she was staking her claim as queen bee. I just said "Good job!" Then, after the concert, the director moved me to 1st soprano...I had only been singing 2nd because the previous director said there was no need for 1sts, but she didn't want to say no to me, so she stuck me in 2nd. The new director said it was ridiculous when I could sing higher than any of the other firsts. So he moved me. And because I wasn't a 2nd, I couldn't stand in the front for the 2nd sop section, and the woman who had primarily done the staging had stepped out of the dance committee, so whenever we learned new choreo and had to choose people to stand in the front, this woman made sure I wasn't one of them. If I was standing in front, she'd tell me they had enough firsts for the front row and push Britt up front to my place. I didn't care about where I stood, but the fact that she said they had enough, and then she grabs someone from the back and shoves them forward and pulls me back...and after having made the declaration that SHE had TEN songs where she stood in front...she was feeling very threatened by my being singled out. She also made comments...I'm the only one who was classically trained and could sight read music, and the director was not a pianist...he could play the basic chords, but voice parts were tricky. One time, there was a part that he just couldn't play...I think it was for the altos or maybe tenors. But he said they'd have to listen to the MP3 or maybe someone could sing it. Everyone looked at me. I turned bright red and asked "Why is everyone looking at me??" And he said "Because you're the only one who can read music." And this woman was sitting next to me and muttered under her breath "-I- can read music....I played recorder in school." She was so angry that he had said I was the "only" one....but she hadn't played recorder since her school days and she was like 60, and playing notes on an instrument is not the same as being able to sing them without someone playing it for you. Anyway, if those two women hadn't been in positions of power within the choir, I could have stayed. But they made sure to let me know that I did not belong and they didn't want me there.

When the director said he was leaving our choir, I left, too. He had one other group that was much more professional and was more interested in what someone had to offer than what they look like, etc. So I joined that one. Much nicer.

Sorry for the novel.
I've got an answer for situations like that;):angelic:

Songbird76

I hate top loaders. I'm too short; getting something out from the bottom; I practically have to dumpster dive.

We have a front loader. The cool thing is it has a smaller door on the front that you can open, so if you forgot something, you just pause the cycle and toss it in.
That would be a brilliant thing to have. But I also wish my machine stood up higher, but then I wouldn't be able to reach the dryer.

MySmallWorldof4

My “memories” today. A time before sports took over our lives and my kiddo was still tiny.

This pic creeps me out even now!
View attachment 339885View attachment 339886

View attachment 339888

Look at how light his hair is here!
View attachment 339887
Adorable! Such a cute little guy. Sad the circus is no longer. Hopefully he still remembers it. All my kids had blonde hair when they were little, and then by 5 it got darker. Only one still is blonde, but a darker one. When she is out in the sun though in Florida, it gets lighter in a couple of days. We need sun!

MySmallWorldof4

Oh I have to share one more memory from 2015..my ode to my bestie ❤️ It’s been 19 years now.. how is that possible when we were just 25 yesterday?! ;) (Copy and pasts because it’s too big to snapshot.)

Sometimes I need to be more thankful, this post reminded me of that.

-

13 years ago I met a blonde girl, with similar striped highlited hair, raised in the Midwest, who shared my (good) taste in EDM, Dave Matthews, and live music.
This girl and I formed a friendship. She dealt with my crazy redecorating schemes, loading up her Tahoe and running all around south Florida to achieve the perfect eclectic vibe. Then dealing with the hours of placement afterwards. / That girl drove me to the hospital for a surgery, and took care of me and Reilly for the week after. /That girl has picked me up or dropped me off at FLL, at any hour of day or night, more times than i can count. / That girl spilled two giant cups of beer on me during our Romy and Michelle night at a Green Day concert. / That girl was never afraid to call me out when I was wrong in a situation...but supported me no matter what. / That girl only mildly complained when I decided to turn onto the Turnpike, instead of continuing on Glades to the mall half a mile away, and just kept driving til we arrived at Mile Marker 0. / That girl once had the nerve to not go home and change after showing up to a club wearing the same outfit as me. ;) / That girl would roller blade with me, and rocked a matching purple bike during our "testing out cycling"stage. / When I grabbed Reilly, jumped in my car, and decided to leave the man and home I was supposed to spend forever with, it was her house that I drove to./ That girl ran around Cincinnati with me, collecting too many balloons for Tristan's birthday. And Blair Witched it with me on our haunted covered bridge excursion.

Most importantly, when my life as I knew it imploded, and I was laying in the rubble, that girl broke through the barriers, jumped in to the wreckage with me, and gave me a push to climb out.

She has been there thru the ups and downs in the truest sense of the meaning.

I'd like to wish that girl, Xxxx a Very Happy Birthday! 💜 Sorry I'm not there to plan your party ;)
That was such a grateful post. You are lucky to have such a friend. By the way, how old is Reilly now?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom