Where in the World Isn't Bob Saget?

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Conveniently enough, today is our garbage day, so we cleaned out the fridge last night, and tonight we're dining with friends. We used the last of the coffee cream this morning, so we'll have to do Dunkin Donuts (or McD's) on the road tomorrow.

Weds. is regular trash day for us, too. They finally took away the Christmas tree (city has a chipper truck). They always ignore the tree the first week you put it out. (Fyi -- City Hall posts on their web site: Jan. 2-11 for tree removal, on your regular trash day.) By the 2nd week, they finally take it away.

I think all they do is take a joy ride on the chipper truck for the entire first week of January, and by the 2nd week, they're finally ready to actually do some work! :joyfull:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I liked people (celebrities) better before they felt the need to enlighten society on their various views and agendas. What's the quote? Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt. Not sure who said it. Valuable advice.

Oh my gosh - ditto. A hundred times!

Valuable advice and very, very timely, I'd say. ;)

Mike S

No disrespect intended, but, you have an occupation that pays you money and yet you still consider yourself to be a citizen with the first amendment right of free speech. Does being an entertainer mean that they have relinquished their rights as a citizen? I think we all need to think about that.
People still don’t need it shoved in our faces. Especially when they’re being antagonistic about it which is far too often these days.

Wrangler-Rick

Just Horsing Around…
Premium Member
No disrespect intended, but, you have an occupation that pays you money and yet you still consider yourself to be a citizen with the first amendment right of free speech. Does being an entertainer mean that they have relinquished their rights as a citizen? I think we all need to think about that.
Nope not at all, but when they are being paid to perform a certain function, I know I certainly don’t appreciate them expounding their opinions to a captive audience. I’m not paying for, nor do I care what their opinions are - they can go outside on the sidewalk after the show and babble on all they want....
*rant over*

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
I had my knee re-x-rayed today, and I have to start physio immediately.

Have I mentioned how much I detest physio? Anyway, you should be able to hear me scream starting at 2:30 EST tomorrow. Tears to follow shortly thereafter.

You know the day is going to suck when the highlight is allergy shots. Plural shots.

Lucky

Nope not at all, but when they are being paid to perform a certain function, I know I certainly don’t appreciate them expounding their opinions to a captive audience. I’m not paying for, nor do I care what their opinions are - they can go outside on the sidewalk after the show and babble on all they want....
*rant over*

One of my favorite songs is about this issue - they didn’t understand why people would even care about their views on big questions of the day.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I had my knee re-x-rayed today, and I have to start physio immediately.

Have I mentioned how much I detest physio? Anyway, you should be able to hear me scream starting at 2:30 EST tomorrow. Tears to follow shortly thereafter.

You know the day is going to suck when the highlight is allergy shots. Plural shots.

Oh, that sounds worse than going to work tomorrow! :facepalm: Physical therapy is tough--take some pain meds (an Advil or aspirin) before you go, to help you stretch the muscles.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Oh, that sounds worse than going to work tomorrow! :facepalm: Physical therapy is tough--take some pain meds (an Advil or aspirin) before you go, to help you stretch the muscles.
I’m already on Celebrex (for my hip 🙄), so no NSAIDs for me.

I’ll live. I’m just whiny and tired and feeling sorry for myself today.

I’m thinking a fried egg sandwich (with ketchup) and an ice cold glass of milk will help. Anyone else want some?

NYwdwfan

I’m thinking a fried egg sandwich (with ketchup) and an ice cold glass of milk will help. Anyone else want some?
Bacon, egg & cheese on a roll with salt, pepper & ketchup. No milk - OJ or coffee. Please and thank you.

MinnieM123

Premium Member

In response to your reply to Mike S (above), celebs certainly may express their opinions, just as any of us can do.

I think it's more about when a few of them choose to do so. If a topic is disruptive to, let's say for example, an entertaining variety TV show with singing and dancing, then I'd find it out of place. However, if a celeb wants to share his/her thoughts with the public outside of an entertainment show, I'm all for that.

NYwdwfan

In response to your reply to Mike S (above), celebs certainly may express their opinions, just as any of us can do.

I think it's more about when a few of them choose to do so. If a topic is disruptive to, let's say for example, an entertaining variety TV show with singing and dancing, then I'd find it out of place. However, if a celeb wants to share his/her thoughts with the public outside of an entertainment show, I'm all for that.
I find lately that if someone’s views are diametrically opposed to mine and they are extremely vocal and closed minded about things I get irritated just looking and their face and something I might have otherwise enjoyed becomes tedious to watch.

Wrangler-Rick

Just Horsing Around…
Premium Member

Bacon, egg & cheese on a roll with salt, pepper & ketchup and an ice cold glass of milk for me - thank you!

Goofyernmost

People still don’t need it shoved in our faces. Especially when they’re being antagonistic about it which is far too often these days.
It's all part of having rights. Not everyone is going to agree with things that are going on. Places like this can stifle how we feel, but, one of the reasons that I went to war was for the right of everyone to exercise the first amendment concerning the government. That, BTW, is actually the entire purpose of that amendment. You don't have to listen to it unless they come right into your house, tie you up and force you to listen, but, otherwise we cannot stop people from expressing it. Otherwise, we are all prisoners and freedom doesn't exist.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
I find lately that if someone’s views are diametrically opposed to mine and they are extremely vocal and closed minded about things I get irritated just looking and their face and something I might have otherwise enjoyed becomes tedious to watch.
Call me shallow.

I only like when people’s views align with mine. And then only from the appropriate pulpit.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom