Where in the World Isn't Bob Saget?

Goofyernmost

Nope not at all, but when they are being paid to perform a certain function, I know I certainly don’t appreciate them expounding their opinions to a captive audience. I’m not paying for, nor do I care what their opinions are - they can go outside on the sidewalk after the show and babble on all they want....
*rant over*
But all you had to do is shut it off. As long as there are reasons for people to speak out, they will use whatever platform is available. One of the prices we pay for our freedom. But, we best stop this conversation before we are all thrown into the discussion board lock up. :)

Goofyernmost

In response to your reply to Mike S (above), celebs certainly may express their opinions, just as any of us can do.

I think it's more about when a few of them choose to do so. If a topic is disruptive to, let's say for example, an entertaining variety TV show with singing and dancing, then I'd find it out of place. However, if a celeb wants to share his/her thoughts with the public outside of an entertainment show, I'm all for that.
Ideally, yes... however, being a child of the 60's I can tell you that many celebs. spoke outside of an entertainment venue and got nothing but grief for it. As it turns out it really isn't the venue, it is the message being expressed by someone that is usually shackled to a script. If we don't have people that have access to masses of people we are given only one side from the people allowed access to mass media.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
So, now that we’re back from holidays, I’ve been reviewing potential New Year’s Resolutions that I haven’t broken already.

So far, the best I can come up with is to stop colouring my hair. I’d already decided that anyway, but now I have further incentive for embracing my grey.

Plus the 30 lbs thing. 🤦🏻‍♀️

Wrangler-Rick

Just Horsing Around…
But all you had to do is shut it off. As long as there are reasons for people to speak out, they will use whatever platform is available. One of the prices we pay for our freedom. But, we best stop this conversation before we are all thrown into the discussion board lock up. :)
Yes Sir, you’re probably right! I understand that a lot of people have paid dearly for our right of free speech. I just wish folks toned down their egos a bit and showed each other a little more respect and civility. I don’t try to push my opinions on anyone and I just wish others would do the same...

Mike S

It's all part of having rights. Not everyone is going to agree with things that are going on. Places like this can stifle how we feel, but, one of the reasons that I went to war was for the right of everyone to exercise the first amendment concerning the government. That, BTW, is actually the entire purpose of that amendment. You don't have to listen to it unless they come right into your house, tie you up and force you to listen, but, otherwise we cannot stop people from expressing it. Otherwise, we are all prisoners and freedom doesn't exist.
I’m not saying they shouldn’t have the right. If they want to talk politics, go on the news or to a rally. If you’re on a press tour for a movie or doing an interveiw focus on what your actual job is.

This isn’t a thing of “I’m on this side and don’t want to hear your side” either. Frankly, I think both sides are nuts and I don’t want any part of it.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Ideally, yes... however, being a child of the 60's I can tell you that many celebs. spoke outside of an entertainment venue and got nothing but grief for it. As it turns out it really isn't the venue, it is the message being expressed by someone that is usually shackled to a script. If we don't have people that have access to masses of people we are given only one side from the people allowed access to mass media.

Well, if they got grief (sorry to hear that--wish people were more polite), at least they still were able to express their opinions.

And now, they certainly have plenty of access to media to get their thoughts out there. (Ever watch TMZ? ;) They chase celebrities all over the place--they'd love to get an interview on any topic a celebrity wants to talk about.)

Especially with the internet now, it's easy for them to reach millions, if they want to.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Ski was vile to me today. Beyond vile.
And now he needs me to remove the hospital dressing and re-bandage his finger.

Me: Can I spray it with Bactine?

I thought he was going to faint just at the thought of it. I think I’ll set the Bactine on the counter just for the fun of it.

I already did my good deed for the day. I’ve got spare karma in the bank.

Tick Tock

This is why the majority of my TV time is watching cartoons. :hilarious:
Though sadly, even in cartoons, you cannot escape the ever glaring efforts of celebrities attempting to force an agenda. I can't even enjoy a simple, lighthearted comedy of Sylvester the Cat chasing Tweety Bird around the house without having preached onto me the ongoing suffering of various succotash's.

NYwdwfan

Ski was vile to me today. Beyond vile.
And now he needs me to remove the hospital dressing and re-bandage his finger.

Me: Can I spray it with Bactine?

I thought he was going to faint just at the thought of it. I think I’ll set the Bactine on the counter just for the fun of it.

I already did my good deed for the day. I’ve got spare karma in the bank.
I ❤️ Bactine.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I had my knee re-x-rayed today, and I have to start physio immediately.

Have I mentioned how much I detest physio? Anyway, you should be able to hear me scream starting at 2:30 EST tomorrow. Tears to follow shortly thereafter.

You know the day is going to suck when the highlight is allergy shots. Plural shots.

Sorry to hear about this. I was hoping your knee was doing better. Good luck! I think a trip to Five Guys should be your reward for the pain for physio.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom