News Bobby Mouse needs his cut.. (Price Increase)

Curious Constance

I also love how the article starts right off stating the 25% increase, even though it only reaches that much on the highest of AP tiers. The standard daily tickets only increase about 7% which is only 4% above the standard cost-of-living inflation.

Not even the highest AP level quite reached the 25% number increase they threw out there to get heads spinning. Aside from MaxPass, the only thing that increased by 25% is parking that went from $20 to $25.

Model3 McQueen

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
I love how you conveniently ignore the billion-dollar land being built right now in the back of the park in order to bolster your argument.

I also love how the article starts right off stating the 25% increase, even though it only reaches that much on the highest of AP tiers. The standard daily tickets only increase about 7% which is only 4% above the standard cost-of-living inflation.

Disney has always been a bit above the standard inflation and I'm okay with that because there is nowhere else I can go to enjoy the level of entertainment the park brings. Also, if the price increase keeps the parks from shutting down every day due to capacity, I'm okay with that too. I'm also really okay with the biggest hit being on the APs for the same reason.

The only logical way to keep the crowds down is to increase the prices. They do it every year and the sky falls every year. We then get over it. Enjoy Knotts. You won't find Pirates, HM, Space Mountain, or Galaxy's Edge there, but if you're okay with that, so am I. Disney did their job and there will be fewer people there to get in my way (yeah right!).

Conveniently ignore? Who on this board isn't aware of Star Wars Land??

I digress a bit but don't forget that Star Wars Land, the only thing to really get excited about, was before $hapek was put in charge. I'm not so keen on paying more money for "new" experiences that are Pixar Pier, Mission Breakout, Hyperspace Mountain, etc etc.

Kram Sacul

In the Parks
Yes
They should have done this much of a price increase a year ago. Galaxys Edge is still going to be packed with the usual blogging riff raff.

DanielBB8

The point wasn’t about money. The point was Disney legitimately thinks GotG and Pixar Pier are great products, worthy enough to stay in the parks. SW and money have nothing to do with that.
I would argue Disney knows how to market attractions on an off year like between the big attraction openings. GOTG was always the initial introduction of Marvel before Marvel gets it’s own land. Pixar Pier comes before Star Wars Land. There’s no reason to think Disney will ever replace the infrastructure of Paradise Pier and Tower of Terror. These theming changes are do able in an off year. Disney will have it’s hands full with bigger necessary changes in the future (Tomorrowland, Fantasyland, Toontown, Hollywood Backlot).

TP2000

Ah, yes... love the LA Times, randomly quoting the 2018 consumer price index of 2.2%, historically very, very low for yet another year. (And now dropping further in '19 with the falling gasoline prices) As if the inflation rate should somehow dictate what a private company charges free consumers for their in-demand product. :rolleyes:

Now you kids all know me, so this is where I pop in with my usual Price Comparison Chart of Random SoCal Entertainment Offerings;

Los Angeles Rams Game, LA Coliseum, Saturday January 12th
End Zone Nosebleed seats - $160 per seat
Visitors Side Mid-Tier 40 Yard Line seats - $560 per seat
Home Side Great Seats - $1,899 to $3,000 per seat
Coliseum Parking - $60 at USC campus surface lots

Los Angeles Philharmonic, Walt Disney Concert Hall, Turangalila Symphony, Saturday, January 19th
Orchestra seats - $164 per seat

Los Angeles Lakers, Staples Center, Sunday January 13th
Behind the net Nosebleed seats - $210 per seat
Midlevel at the Net - $455 per seat
Down Front near the Net - $699 per seat
Courtside - $6,499 per seat

Elton John Concert, Staples Center, Friday January 25th
Nosebleed Opposite End seats - $224 per seat
Bleachers Right of Stage - $510 per seat
Row 24 On Floor Right of Stage - $900 per seat

Mammoth Mountain Ski Resort, Mammoth CA, (current conditions 17 degrees, 50 inch base and 18 inches of new snow)
One Day Lift Ticket Adult - $169

Knott's Berry Farm, Buena Park CA
One Day Adult Ticket pre-purchase - $46
One Day All-Inclusive Ticket pre-purchase - $182
(includes park admission, parking, All Day Dining plan, souvenir bottle with free refills, Fast Lane access to all rides, FunPix photos)
Annual Pass Adult - $95

Sea World, San Diego CA
One Day Adult Ticket pre-purchase - $81
One Day Adult Ticket plus All Day Dining - $102
Annual Pass Adult - $119
(No blockout dates, includes Parking, and 2 free tickets to give to friends/family)

Universal Studios, Universal City CA
One Day Adult Ticket pre-purchase - $109
Gold Annual Pass Adult - $309
(30 blockout dates, includes Parking)

Last edited:

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Thanks! I’m super excited. May or many squeeze in a visit to Germany and France as well. We shall see. :)

Hope you have a ton of fun! If you have the time and money, DLP for a day or two would be worth it. I have no idea if you've been there or not, but I think it has a lot of the charm of DL. Not nearly as full of things to do, but it's still nice. If you go into Paris, it's beautiful (I was there in September), just watch out for the pickpocketers. :cautious:

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Disney knows when every AP renews, so they are no doubt taking advantage of that data and jacking up prices now to catch as many renewals as they can. Oh, and I would definitely expect another price increase before June. :( WDW could have two more price increases before it's SW:GE opens, the educated guess right now is early November. They are going to milk this cash cow for all they can.

Ismael Flores

glad i renewed three days ago, the kast year i will have a Disney pass after after 20 plus years. guess i eill have more money for more traveling

Ismael Flores

Yup! Xcelerator!
xcelerator.jpg
this thing was shut down for a year and then once they fixed it it stays closed more than it stays open.
most of the time it oorns only couple hours before park closing for some reason

TP2000

this thing was shut down for a year and then once they fixed it it stays closed more than it stays open.
most of the time it oorns only couple hours before park closing for some reason

Knott's tries and they have their charms, bless 'em, but they are simply in a different league than Disneyland.

Knott's charges a third the price as Disneyland, and gets only 15% of the attendance each year even with that dramatically cheaper price.

Disneyland/DCA 2017 Attendance = 27 Million
Knott's Berry Farm 2017 Attendance = 4 Million

TP2000

So I know for a fact Elton John had tickets as low as 75 after fees (I got them). You may be looking at resale prices.

I looked at the Staples Center website this afternoon, which sent me to their official axs.com ticket purchase site.

Using their price filter, it shows absolutely no tickets left less than $200 for the January 22nd concert, so if you snagged them for $75 awhile ago congrats!

Ismael Flores

Knott's tries and they have their charms, bless 'em, but they are simply in a different league than Disneyland.

Knott's charges a third the price as Disneyland, and gets only 15% of the attendance each year even with that dramatically cheaper price.

Disneyland/DCA 2017 Attendance = 27 Million
Knott's Berry Farm 2017 Attendance = 4 Million

i understand that, doesnt answer the question as to why they can’t keep the ride open. its a slow loading ride to begin with and the rest of the park can use the capacity. Is it because of low work force?

TP2000

i understand that, doesnt answer the question as to why they can’t keep the ride open. its a slow loading ride to begin with and the rest of the park can use the capacity. Is it because of low work force?

It's obviously a $ issue. Knott's just doesn't have the deep pockets and lavish budgets that Disney does.

They are just playing a different kind of game over in Buena Park. It's almost unfair to compare the two businesses in the same sentence.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom