Wait Lines for New Gondolas

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
People keep comparing gondola time to bus time by presuming you can show up at a bus stop, immediately walk on, and the bus immediately takes off. Now, sure, that can sometimes happen... but is that really the norm for buses?

Think about every time one has waited 15 minutes for a bus to show up. Or for how the line for the bus was so long, you had to wait for the second bus. And the wait to unload and reload two ECVs.

Average in all that extra wait time for buses before doing the comparison.

MikeyK72

People keep comparing gondola time to bus time by presuming you can show up at a bus stop, immediately walk on, and the bus immediately takes off. Now, sure, that can sometimes happen... but is that really the norm for buses?

Think about every time one has waited 15 minutes for a bus to show up. Or for how the line for the bus was so long, you had to wait for the second bus. And the wait to unload and reload two ECVs.

Good points. I guess we can factor in the dreaded driver change delay too.

nickys

Premium Member
"stop"
Is that your way of saying transfering to a different pod and ultimately to a different line?

If yes, then I'm curious as to the mechanics of the 2 queues fusing.

No, not an actual stop nor a transfer. It was a poor turn of phrase!

There is a station at Riviera for guests to board or disembark, so the line will slow as it goes through the station. It’s possible it may stop for ECV or wheelchair boarding if necessary, as there is no double bullwheel to allow cabins to be pulled off.

danlb_2000

Premium Member

... and even if they don't eliminate buses completely, they will certainly reduce the number so the wait for a bus would get even longer, if that's even an option. If you have to wait 15 minutes for a bus, you can almost certainly have reached your destination already on the gondola.

whiterhino42

If you drive and have a car available then you have no problem, if you don't have a vehicle there are others available or you can use the Gondola's, but, you don't have too. No one is going to be standing in the lobby with a rifle forcing you to use them. It is strictly your choice. At this point, you can take the Gondola, if you have a car you can take that, which is something that it sounds like you do anyway, use a Minnie Van or not stay at a Gondola Resort. Phobia, although a problem for the people with them, are not considered a handicap and are not covered under ADA.

Realistically, if any company had to provide options for all the possible phobia's in the world, all the places like WDW would close up. It wouldn't be possible to modify for every possible scenario. And it is really not realistic to think that Disney will make water connections between all those resorts and the two parks. That's asking to much when one does have options even if it isn't buses. All the laws insist on is that people have access, everyone has access, I go to WDW all the time and do not have to do any of those things if I don't want too with the exception of MK. In which case you have to use the Monorail, the ferry's or a resort bus. (or a Minnie Van) I don't know if the Minnie goes to the front gate. Someone else might know the answer to that.
Lol I would never expect them to put in water connections from all resorts i was just stating that we love it. I'm not affected like I said I drive so it doesn't affect me. My point was that this is probably the most common fear out there (WAY more common than you think)....so I was surprised this was the transportation fix they went with.

Storm

Lol I would never expect them to put in water connections from all resorts i was just stating that we love it. I'm not affected like I said I drive so it doesn't affect me. My point was that this is probably the most common fear out there (WAY more common than you think)....so I was surprised this was the transportation fix they went with.
Well there are literally no spaces available for a different sort of transportation on the ground so the air was a good idea by default , on the other hand as i already said earlier in this thread , i have a fear of heights so i am personally not too happy about that , especially if busses get removed because of the gondolas which would basicly force you to take uber/minnie van or whatever paid option there are but i can understand why they would use the air instead of the ground for a new transportation type.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Well there are literally no spaces available for a different sort of transportation on the ground so the air was a good idea by default , on the other hand as i already said earlier in this thread , i have a fear of heights so i am personally not too happy about that , especially if busses get removed because of the gondolas which would basicly force you to take uber/minnie van or whatever paid option there are but i can understand why they would use the air instead of the ground for a new transportation type.
There will still be bus service at the resorts served. People need to get to DS, AK and MK. You’ll still be able to get to EPCOT and DHS for no cost by taking two buses.

Storm

There will still be bus service at the resorts served. People need to get to DS, AK and MK. You’ll still be able to get to EPCOT and DHS for no cost by taking two buses.
There will be buses but on reduced schedule so taking two different buses will take a really long time compared to taking a gondola for 15 minutes lol , but i do get your point. Also i'm quite jealous of you , you're going to WDW 5 days earlier than me !

danlb_2000

Premium Member
There will be buses but on reduced schedule so taking two different buses will take a really long time compared to taking a gondola for 15 minutes lol , but i do get your point. Also i'm quite jealous of you , you're going to WDW 5 days earlier than me !

I doubt they will reduce the schedule of buses on the non-Skyliner routes.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
For value resorts such as AoA or Pop it will definitely have an impact on buses schedules i would imagine , but we'll need to wait and see !

Why would it? We have talked about the eliminating or at least considerably reducing bus service from the gondola resorts to Epcot and DHS, but I don't see why they would reduce the service to AK and MK.

Goofyernmost

I think the gondolas will reduce the number of flights to Orlando. ;)
I don't think that the number of flights in or out will change, however, planes will come in full and leave practically empty due to the demise of so many guests due to the Gondola's. Not sure how those people will get back home, but, it will not be a big problem. After a trip in the "on the line" crematoriums (aka Gondola's) they will be able to fit 6 or more people in a kitchen sized trash bag. The time when the airlines cut back on trips to Orlando will be when they start getting charged with contributing to the deaths of all those people. The prosecutions main argument will be.. "if you hadn't brought them there, this wouldn't have happened".

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom