Free Disney Dining Plan offer now available for booking summer 2019

DisneyDreamer08

Ok, I'm going to ask a question that I know everyone hates :p
Obviously booking for the fall must be up because this is being offered in the summer instead, most likely due to the Star Wars opening. What do you think this will mean for offers for early 2020? We are hoping the Stay, Play, Dine will be offered again in January 2020 but with a change in the free dining offer, its making me nervous!

Upvote 0

draybook

Satisfy your appetite for fun with an unforgettable stay in the middle of the magic! You can enjoy a FREE dining plan when you purchase a non-discounted 5-night/6-day vacation package that includes a room at a select Disney Resort hotel and a ticket with a Park Hopper Option or Park Hopper Plus Option.
Book now through February 10, 2019 for arrivals most nights July 5 through September 30, 2019.

Upvote 0

DisneyJoe

Ok, I'm going to ask a question that I know everyone hates :p
Obviously booking for the fall must be up because this is being offered in the summer instead, most likely due to the Star Wars opening. What do you think this will mean for offers for early 2020? We are hoping the Stay, Play, Dine will be offered again in January 2020 but with a change in the free dining offer, its making me nervous!
The answer you don't want to hear - likely offers in early 2020 will be much less than before due to SWGE.

Upvote 0

draybook

Just for fun, I priced an 8 day stay for us. It was just over 4k for the 6 of us at CBR with only 4 day tickets. Meanwhile, we can get a private pool house just off property for $888 and have plenty of money left over for food, souvenirs and such. For people like us who go frequently, this is no longer the deal that it used to be. Looks like APs+off-site is going to be our forever choice.

Upvote 0

NHMouse

We're kicking off the new year with FREE DINING! This offer is available for arrivals select nights July 5 through September 30.
A new room and package discount up to 30% off is also available for select nights April 28 through September 30!
Offers are based on availability, and some resorts are excluded.

It's exciting that this could over lap with Food and Wine Festival!!

Upvote 0

Tom P.

Very unusual for this to drop at the beginning of the year and with no notice.

My theory? Disney is expecting bookings to be very light during those months as folks wait for the opening of Galaxy's Edge. I'd also speculate that since it ends September 30th, we might be looking at an October opening for Galaxy's Edge and that we likely won't see free dining after September 30th this year.

I have no information to back that up. I'm not an insider. Just basing it on what has been released publicly so far and this unusual move by Disney.

What do you all think?

Upvote 0

s&k'smom

Our travel agent was able to apply it to our stay. For my family dining plan really does save us money. He said he was surprised it came out this early but he definitely thought it was because Star Wars land will be opening

Upvote 0

leighrl

Thing is, this isnt really free dining. Its just a discount unlike last year it previous years. You save about $600 this year while in previous years it was $1500.
I thought when I read through it that it looked like it was the actual free dining plan - not like the "summer dining plan" from years past that was really more of a discount. Am I missing something when looking at this one?

Upvote 0

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
ate.JPG

Upvote 0

DisneyGigi

Stitch seems to be eating all the offer pages right now. We have APs so I booked a room only AP this morning. Didn’t even look at the dining but having been someone that has done the free dining since 2007 though, never remember it coming out this early or for July.

Upvote 0

Clamman73

Very unusual for this to drop at the beginning of the year and with no notice.

My theory? Disney is expecting bookings to be very light during those months as folks wait for the opening of Galaxy's Edge. I'd also speculate that since it ends September 30th, we might be looking at an October opening for Galaxy's Edge and that we likely won't see free dining after September 30th this year.

I have no information to back that up. I'm not an insider. Just basing it on what has been released publicly so far and this unusual move by Disney.

What do you all think?
October seems to naturally book itself. And Star Wars looks like work up to December.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom