News Buzzy’s been stolen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

matt9112

I really wish Disney would crack down on everyone going backstage to the full extent of whatever law they can. If they made public examples of these trespassers, maybe they’d stop.

maybe they could crack down on the abandoned unused backstage areas that disney and elsewise attracts people to photograph and sneak in to. not wanting to pay to tear down or replace comes with its costs...urban exploration is one of them. but hey it saves money.

matt9112

Thx for posting... makes it much easier to understand the charge.. and made me go look it up too. Since people were saying in lay terms 'resisting arrest' - the real charge is 'resisting an officer' and is much more inline with the situation outlined in the paperwork.

For others.. the actual charge is statue 840.02
843.02 Resisting officer without violence to his or her person.—Whoever shall resist, obstruct, or oppose any officer as defined in s. 943.10(1), (2), (3), (6), (7), (8), or (9); member of the Florida Commission on Offender Review or any administrative aide or supervisor employed by the commission; county probation officer; parole and probation supervisor; personnel or representative of the Department of Law Enforcement; or other person legally authorized to execute process in the execution of legal process or in the lawful execution of any legal duty, without offering or doing violence to the person of the officer, shall be guilty of a misdemeanor of the first degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082 or s. 775.083.

So basically he doesn't comply with the orders... they charge and arrest him.. I guess as a way to keep him detained while they worked on more search warrants (?). It would be interesting to hear if they really had the warrant for the phone prior to the interview, or if they were claiming it as on his person, in the open, and for evidence.

And as you say... maybe there is a chain of incidents they are investigating. That would make sense (IMO) to target serial backstage offenders as people of interest.

to be fair resisting arrest has always been a giant shrimp boat sized net of catch all. it can be applied to almost anything and its ambiguity is appaling period. #good guys right?

flynnibus

Premium Member
I honestly don't care who is first as long as it is accurate. The sites and channels who push news that isn't remotely true are the ones I have an issue with.

I don't need a 10min video to tell me 15 seconds of content. That's why I have zero interest in any of the Disney YT or podcasts. The entire economy is built up to make the sites self-important above all else so they get their revenue shares.. steering people to talk about themselves nearly as much as the topic of the channel.

Some of the old timers were a lot better at sourcing stuff... but their production quality was bad, as was their signal to noise ratio. Now.. I can just let others wade through the crap and highlight what needs listening to.

BasiltheBatLord

I don't need a 10min video to tell me 15 seconds of content. That's why I have zero interest in any of the Disney YT or podcasts. The entire economy is built up to make the sites self-important above all else so they get their revenue shares.. steering people to talk about themselves nearly as much as the topic of the channel.
Whenever I open a YouTube video about a news item that begins with a Vlogger talking to the camera I immediately close it.

EPICOT

Please do keep in mind when I say info here is months behind relative to the real-time happenings in Disney, the other sites out there are wayyyy further behind than that, so the forums here are still way ahead of everyone else as far as publishing info goes.

This forum has the most accurate and up to date rumors for the average fan who does not have any connections inside the company. Obviously if you are BFFs with Chapek or XYZ executive, then any site is going to way behind what you know.

GlacierGlacier

YouTube Videos are great for theme park history.

They are not a great medium for news/theme park news.

Production and editing takes so much time that they rush writing and research to be "first" when it comes to content. During such content, they fall subservient to the YouTube algorithm, padding these videos full of fluff like calls to action, sponsor segments, and intros/outros to make it to that magical 10 minute mark.

One of the few "news" things I watch on YouTube is TechLinked, and that's because it's an industry I can afford to fall 2-3 days behind in (consumer electronics) and because they actually do research.

It helps that they have a full media production group supporting it.

EPCOTServo21

So I haven’t kept up with this all, so i apologize,may have been posted, but the full-length unredacted complaint states:
-They have photos sent from his cell phone showing the stolen items sitting in HIS vehicle.
-Had info on text messages from his phone saying the stolen items were sold for $8000

A98807F4-48CC-4ABF-8FD9-6B91F2B92E6B.png

TheIndoorKid

So I haven’t kept up with this all, so i apologize,may have been posted, but the full-length unredacted complaint states:
-They have photos sent from his cell phone showing the stolen items sitting in HIS vehicle.
-Had info on text messages from his phone saying the stolen items were sold for $8000

Well, now the pieces are starting to fall in the place.

Or am I supposed to be commenting on the validity of inside sources still? I've lost track at this point.

MouseBrayden

Can confirm I’ve heard the same. Rumor is those stolen props in his car were the oversized hat and Buzzy jacket (although, the report says “stolen merchandise”). IF it turns out self-proclaimed urban explorers are now also in the business of defiling animatronics for profit, that’ll be a new low.

Jimmy Thick

Maybe off-topic sorta but can anybody explain how a phone can be seized for a search warrant before the warrant has been drafted?

Personally I don’t know Florida’s laws but if the police have probable cause to search a phone for evidence in connection to a crime and they feel the device could be destroyed before investigation they can seize it.

In other words if the police come knocking at your door and they don’t have a warrant you have no obligation to them. Say you want a lawyer present and hold to it. I can think of the countless times I got perps to break because they thought they could outsmart me, it never works. Cops know what they are doing and are good at it.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Maybe off-topic sorta but can anybody explain how a phone can be seized for a search warrant before the warrant has been drafted?

The defendant can give permission for the phone to be searched. In that case, a warrant isn't needed. If they refuse, then a warrant can be obtained. It's like when a person won't let someone into their house without a warrant. "Come back when you have a warrant." "OK, but know that destroying evidence is a crime of obstruction of justice, and also, don't move your house."

Apart from the actual search of the phone, detention of the person, along with their phone is allowed under mere 'reasonable suspicion'. However, if the officer is already showing photographic proof, then you got 'probable cause'. https://criminal.findlaw.com/criminal-rights/probable-cause.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom