Any Bets on What Comes After Galaxy's Edge?

jt04

People would still go to DHS even with those attractions there. Star Wars is the thing nearly everyone wants to see. No amount of other stuff at other parks will help alleviate the onslaught of crowdsnto DHS. What is needed is some high capacity attractions at DHS to help support Galaxy's Edge.

Too late for that in the short term. Best bet is quick projects at other parks. WoL pavilion, Innoventions, m&g's, etc

IMO

mikejs78

Premium Member
Too late for that in the short term. Best bet is quick projects at other parks. WoL pavilion, Innoventions, m&g's, etc

IMO
They should do both. Epcot is the obvious choice with WoL and Innoventions. But changing out the shows at DHS for something new should be a no brainier. Give DHS a proper parade. Put something worthwhile in the sound show building. Add a playground to TSL. Replace Launch Bay with something more worthwhile. And add a clone (preferably high capacity) sometime in 2020.

jt04

They should do both. Epcot is the obvious choice with WoL and Innoventions. But changing out the shows at DHS for something new should be a no brainier. Give DHS a proper parade. Put something worthwhile in the sound show building. Add a playground to TSL. Replace Launch Bay with something more worthwhile. And add a clone (preferably high capacity) sometime in 2020.

All reasonable except that parade idea. I expect phased closings may be the norm for a few months.

mikejs78

Premium Member
All reasonable except that parade idea. I expect phased closings may be the norm for a few months.
Why would that preclude a parade? When MK gets to capacity, they add entertainment. This past week the parade has been twice daily to account for the crowds, as well as other street entertainment that isn't there most of they year.

jt04

Why would that preclude a parade? When MK gets to capacity, they add entertainment. This past week the parade has been twice daily to account for the crowds, as well as other street entertainment that isn't there most of they year.

I think the crowds will be blocking the streets. They could add a daytime show to the Fantasmic theater. That might be a better option.

HauntedMansionFLA

I agree that it’s really unfortunate that there isn’t a competing attraction in another park to draw crowds away from DHS. Project Spark might do something (and it seems to be timed accordingly), but it’s nowhere near enough.

They should have morningtime appearences by the actual Mark Hamill over at Epcot (where a lucky family joins him onstage, or something like that). Or some other special events with celebrities or whatnot that will cause some percentage of people to arrive at DHS later in the day, to break up the crowd flow.
Mark Hamill could do the Candlelight Processional for three or four nights.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Three years to build roller coasters? Is that a long time or is it me?;)
I keep forgetting (but I am looking forward to) Ratatouille coming to Epcot. Is that expected in 2020?
Spring 2020, yup.

Yeah, they're spreading things out so that there's something new every year:

• Toy Story Land

• EP: Space Restaurant opens (late in year, maybe even beginning of 2020)
  • EP: Both the Arts and Garden Festivals' concerts (Broadway & Rock) will run several times daily, and not just on weekends
  • EP: Oct 1... Illuminations: Reflections of Earth replaced with a one-year interim show, Epcot Forever
  • HS: fall... Mickey's and Minnie's Runaway Railroad opens (maybe August soft opening)
  • HS: December... Star Tours gets new scene from Ep. 9

• EP: Apr - Jun... Remy's Ratatouille Adventure opens
  • EP: Fall... some sort of UK Ride, likely Poppins carousel [moved from 2021]
  • EP: Oct 1... the one-year interim show, Epcot Forever replaced with a permanent show featuring Disney music, the world, and IPs

• EP: Spring... Guardians of the Galaxy: Infinite Universe coaster opens
  • MK: New Night Time Parade
  • MK: spring: Early Summer: new TRON Cycle coaster
  • MK: Speedway overhaul done (likely a TRON theme)
  • MK: For the 50th, Tomorrowland gets refurbed to the 1975 aesthetic
  • MK: New fireworks and/or day-parade for the 50th, or, tweaks to FoF and HEA

Fuller time line here.

Timothy_Q

• EP: Space Restaurant opens (late in year, maybe even beginning of 2020)
  • EP: Both the Arts and Garden Festivals' concerts (Broadway & Rock) will run several times daily, and not just on weekends
  • EP: Oct 1... Illuminations: Reflections of Earth replaced with a one-year interim show, Epcot Forever
  • HS: fall... Mickey's and Minnie's Runaway Railroad opens (maybe August soft opening) + SWGE
  • HS: December... Star Tours gets new scene from Ep. 9

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom