News Buzzy’s been stolen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

goldenstate5

Look, I get how confidential sourcing in journalism works, but something about this comment makes me sick to my stomach. People not being obsessed enough about sources, facts and logic have gotten us to the conspiracy theory-driven, post-truth world we find ourselves in.
To hell with those pesky facts!

Flat earth!
Mermaids!
Bigfoot!
Something else dumb!

They’re all true. Who needs facts whe you have an NBA starbtelling us the earth is Flat!

I, as most people, need facts. Actual facts. Not just rumors and conjecture and assumptions.

It could have happened, but until there is proof and facts, I take it with a grain of salt.

Whoa, whoa okay folks I’m not claiming that you should believe every conspiracy on the internet, if that’s what you read then I apologize because that’s not what I meant. My point is that it doesn’t hurt to come to an educated conclusion and to think outside of box.

Obviously a flat earther is an idiot because there’s so much overwhelming evidence. Here, there’s enough gaps in the story that there’s reasonable doubt, and smoke out there to insinuate there’s more under the surface. Many are insistent because they just don’t want to believe it. My article’s point is to provide the full possible examination and see what conclusion you come to: not to just throw it out the window.

Some people in this thread need to badly lighten up. We’re talking about a missing robot for god’s sake.

s8film40

What different would it make if he came out in said it was stolen? You have made it clear that you don't trust what he has to say, so more detail from him wouldn't change anything for you.
I never said I didn’t trust him and never asked for more detail. My only point was this scenario isn’t something where saying yes or no would implicate a source of the information. So the obvious conclusion is if someone is just dropping hints then they probably don’t actually know for sure and just don’t want to possibly be proven incorrect. In short if you’re going to say something just say it and if you don’t know just say so. And just to be clear I’m not just saying this in reference to Martin.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I never said I didn’t trust him and never asked for more detail. My only point was this scenario isn’t something where saying yes or no would implicate a source of the information. So the obvious conclusion is if someone is just dropping hints then they probably don’t actually know for sure and just don’t want to possibly be proven incorrect. In short if you’re going to say something just say it and if you don’t know just say so. And just to be clear I’m not just saying this in reference to Martin.

I am not sure who you are referring to then. Martin is definitly dropping hints and not telling the whole story, but I trust him enough to know he is not doing it to protect himself from being incorrect.

flynnibus

Premium Member
What different would it make if he came out in said it was stolen? You have made it clear that you don't trust what he has to say, so more detail from him wouldn't change anything for you.

Because stolen is very different from disagreements on what to do with something.

What if local someone local did something in response to the thefts and just said "if there isn't anything to see here... people will stop breaking in" and just trashed it.

We don't know under what circumstances he left... and the info we do have could be interpreted multiple ways. Clearly those who have talked on the subject are being very tight lipped. That would infer to me the topic is not very flattering to the parties involved and that's part of the "do not repeat..." that seems to be floating around this

Brer Oswald

You basically just said everything this guy said is correct....just because.

I will continue to question this blind acceptance of information from nameless insiders.
If you took the time to do some research, you’d see why we trust what he says. Believe what you want. The truth will reveal itself. Maybe you’ll understand then. Or maybe you’ll claim he got lucky. The more this goes on, the more I’m reminded of the Smash Ultimate Leak cycle :banghead:.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Because stolen is very different from disagreements on what to do with something.

What if local someone local did something in response to the thefts and just said "if there isn't anything to see here... people will stop breaking in" and just trashed it.

We don't know under what circumstances he left... and the info we do have could be interpreted multiple ways. Clearly those who have talked on the subject are being very tight lipped. That would infer to me the topic is not very flattering to the parties involved and that's part of the "do not repeat..." that seems to be floating around this

You mis-understood what I posted. The op was saying he didn't trust insider information, so I was asking what difference it would make to him if the insiders provided more details.

s8film40

I am not sure who you are referring to then. Martin is definitly dropping hints and not telling the whole story, but I trust him enough to know he is not doing it to protect himself from being incorrect.
Yeah the thing is it doesn’t really serve any purpose to drop a hint as to wether it was stolen or not, It’s not protecting anyone’s identity. It could just simply be his opinion or guess. In any case it seems he’s clarified enough that I think we all agree his position is it was stolen. So at least now we can take it as that rather than half of us interpreting it one way and the other half another way.

Gringrinngghost

We don't know under what circumstances he left... and the info we do have could be interpreted multiple ways. Clearly those who have talked on the subject are being very tight lipped.

THIS.

Let’s just remind ourselves this, the grand theft case that the person arresting is a suspect in, is an ACTIVE INVESTIGATION, so of course Disney, Sources and the OCSO would be tight lipped. Why would any of the three randomly decide to go forth and say xyz on the matter and jeopardize the case. All we have is an acknowledgement of the case. It’s a delicate topic for everyone and bickering and arguing back and forth will not help at all. Sources won’t come out and say anything because they don’t want to inappropriately release anything too early, and are allowing information to come out from an official source (Disney and OSCO).

Overall, has anything like this Happen before, most likely. Has anything like this happen this publicly, if I was a betting man, I would wager No. Does it suck that it did happen, yes it does. However it’s partially Disney’s fault, if Buzzy was such a valuable item to the Walt Disney Company, it wouldn’t have sat there in a dormant state in the dormant remains of the theatre, especially with the many videos from urban explorers on YouTube. They should have acted sooner, especially if this was such a big part of many’s childhoods and not just a shot of nostalgia I mean they threw out the Body Wars motion simulators quicker than archives has been able to take everything from ImageWorks and Cranium Command. (And please don’t spare the the counter argument of Archives taking things from all around not the company; I’m aware of it and have better things to do.)

Now let the OSCO investigate and things will come out in due course. There is no point bickering over someone’s comments, and such. The world already has enough negativity as it is.

Dragonman

THIS.

Let’s just remind ourselves this, the grand theft case that the person arresting is a suspect in, is an ACTIVE INVESTIGATION, so of course Disney, Sources and the OCSO would be tight lipped. Why would any of the three randomly decide to go forth and say xyz on the matter and jeopardize the case. All we have is an acknowledgement of the case. It’s a delicate topic for everyone and bickering and arguing back and forth will not help at all. Sources won’t come out and say anything because they don’t want to inappropriately release anything too early, and are allowing information to come out from an official source (Disney and OSCO).

Overall, has anything like this Happen before, most likely. Has anything like this happen this publicly, if I was a betting man, I would wager No. Does it suck that it did happen, yes it does. However it’s partially Disney’s fault, if Buzzy was such a valuable item to the Walt Disney Company, it wouldn’t have sat there in a dormant state in the dormant remains of the theatre, especially with the many videos from urban explorers on YouTube. They should have acted sooner, especially if this was such a big part of many’s childhoods and not just a shot of nostalgia I mean they threw out the Body Wars motion simulators quicker than archives has been able to take everything from ImageWorks and Cranium Command. (And please don’t spare the the counter argument of Archives taking things from all around not the company; I’m aware of it and have better things to do.)

Now let the OSCO investigate and things will come out in due course. There is no point bickering over someone’s comments, and such. The world already has enough negativity as it is.

Weren't the Body Wars simulators sent to HS for Star Tours backups? I thought I remembered hearing that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom