News Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge - Historical Construction/Impressions

fctiger

I know it’s hard for some to believe (not saying you) but SWL won’t be new and shiny forever. Their will come a time when the attractions are just other E tickets in a park/ resort full of them. So I think Father Time with a combo of Marvel Land, a new E ticket like the Mickey ride and smaller offerings like bringing Soarin over California back should do the trick.

Exactly! This is the problem with the internet, people simply think about the here and now. And of course 'now' is not even here yet as SWL won't open until sometime next year, no one truly knows how busy its going to be, especially since so many seem to forget they are building two of these lands opening within months of each other. This has never happened before so its not like CL, Pandora or WWOHP where the entire world will be ascending to this one land for years to come. So because this a different dynamic then those we don't know how it will be a year later? People are predicting the worst and yes they could be right. But how many times has the 'worst' been predicted? Yes its bad at the beginning but yeah like everything people do less of it once they had their fill. Marvel land will be coming in 2020 (which is probably why its coming lol) and in time they will get distracted with new things.

SWL is going to be a popular land for a long time to come as it should be. But as usual the predictions over how nuts it will be won't bare out until the thing just opens and whatever plans Disney has to contend with it. We know building two of them was already a smart move. And I just thrilled the park will be expanded another 14 acres so in time that's going to be a difference in how crowds are handed, but no doubt the first year or two its going to be crazy. But in 5-10 years everyone will be talking about something else completely and SWL will just be another land like rest of them. Most people are just thinking about tomorrow while Disney is thinking years down the line.

Last edited:

flynnibus

Premium Member
Was an insult really necessary? I'm saying what I said for literally years now, all these lands get crazy openings at the beginning from Harry Potter to to Carsland and after time they get less crowded and simply find a balance. There is all this hysteria about them, all the time, and then after a year or two things calm down when its no longer the shiny new toy. WWOHP got 3+ hour waits the first year just to enter the land, because yeah it was HP and the first themed land. Eight years later, its now balanced with the rest of the park, certainly still the busiest but not chaotic. On the internet every major new land, ride and major show its always the worst case scenario. I remember all the APers crying how 'impossible' it was going to see WOC and the FPs were going to sell out before noon for years. Of course I pointed out once everyone see it, it will naturally find a balance with the rest of the park as it did. That didn't stop the hysteria before opening however. Everything eventually finds a balance with the rest of the park. Hence why WWOHP no longer gets 3+ hour waits today.

Too bad you don't actually give anything credit for what made that balance happen... instead of just broad brushing that it just sorts itself out.

You know.. doing things like moving Olivanders and DOUBLING its capacity...
Opening a whole other land.. IN THE OTHER PARK... to diffuse things...
Offering early entry just for those things...
Changing operating hours...
Changing queuing and capacity controls...

Not all attraction additions are equal - and not all will just 'sort themselves out with time'... nevermind needing to address people DURING THAT TIME - not just say "oh, well you should have just come 3 years later once its all settled itself out..."

Your position is a lay one that ignores what has to happen until that newness wears off... and how the parks will have to change their ops model to accommodate the differences. In both your examples, both UNI and Disney made operational changes to the parks to diffuse the demand and make it more viable to see the attractions. They didn't just throw their hands up and say "oh this always happens, it will sort itself out eventually".

wityblack

New image from Disney Parks Blog! Video preview isn't working right now, but I suspect that to be fixed soon.
iofjyghklb54896rfd.png

Link to blog post: https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...for-disneyland-and-walt-disney-world-resorts/

SuddenStorm

A couple of different shots of the rides but not much new here.

Super stoked we'll get to come face to face with Kylo Ren. I've always said he's better than any of the OT or PT villains- It would have been a huge mistake for them to have us come face to face with the Emperor or Darth Vader.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom