News Tomorrowland love

Movielover

Thanks. Now that darn song is stuck in my head. :)
You DO have wings.....
You can do all therse things...
You can widen your world...
Eastern... the wings of man....

uUgDp2T.gif

Kman101

To think it's 35 years later and WDW STILL has not followed suit.

To be fair, they added some woodsy stuff to Pooh ;) along with his tree from the 20K playground ... Peter Pan, especially with the great standby queue, has such a lackluster entrance and so does Small World, a ride that has an epic exterior in every other park it's in. So sad Florida, the blessing of size, couldn't do some of these things right. Paris and Tokyo do most of these things right, sad Florida remains behind in a lot of areas.

Kman101

I personally think Disneyland's is in farrrrrrrrr worse shape. There's a lot of bronze like on the Astro Orbiter that clashes hard with the rest of the land. And it's rough looking at that People Mover corpse. Even if it may look not the best it has right now, MK's Tomorrowland is pretty coherent throughout. People tend to forget that the 94 redo of the land made it the most cohesive it's every been, only after did things like Stitch and Laugh Floor come in and take away from the overall theme and dilute the land's story.

Disneyland's is terrible. Yuck. I much prefer WDW's Tomorrowland, if I had to choose between them. But none of them are perfect by any means.

gmajew

Premium Member
The current look had to go... It was dated and stale and was just not working anymore if it ever did.

Now is going back to the classic look the right direction? I am not sure yet as I like certain things I have seen we have a long long ways to go to make tomorrowland look complete and uniformed again.

jt04

Disneyland’s TL is pretty dull and uninspiring. I think I’ve said it here before, but I think it’s easily the worst overall land out of the three castle parks I’ve been to (DL, MK, DLP).

I am not sure they will even have a Tomorrowland when all is said and done. And that would be a good thing.

The MK could end up with the definitive Walt inspired Tomorrowland. All the basics are there. That would also be a good thing.

Just an inkling.🎄🎅🌟

Kman101

Disneyland’s TL is pretty dull and uninspiring. I think I’ve said it here before, but I think it’s easily the worst overall land out of the three castle parks I’ve been to (DL, MK, DLP).

The Astro Orbitor at the entrance was also a massive mistake (how about this, stop putting spinners in the middle of heavily traveled areas ...). I'd hope moving it would be part of their plan. If they even have a plan.

I am not sure they will even have a Tomorrowland when all is said and done. And that would be a good thing.

The MK could end up with the definitive Walt inspired Tomorrowland. All the basics are there. That would also be a good thing.

Just an inkling.🎄🎅🌟

Kind of ironic in that Disneyland is the one that should be the definitive Walt inspired Tomorrowland ...

jt04

The Astro Orbitor at the entrance was also a massive mistake (how about this, stop putting spinners in the middle of heavily traveled areas ...). I'd hope moving it would be part of their plan. If they even have a plan.

Kind of ironic in that Disneyland is the one that should be the definitive Walt inspired Tomorrowland ...

Definitely.

But WDW has the space to have specialized places. It is a luxury that TDO should take full advantage of.

Not to mention they also have a peoplemover, CoP and the shell of a Circlevision theater. And an omnimover. And a rocket themed spinner. All the pieces of the puzzle.

Kman101

Definitely.

But WDW has the space to have specialized places. It is a luxury that TDO should take full advantage of.

Not to mention they also have a peoplemover, CoP and the shell of a Circlevision theater. And an omnimover. And a rocket themed spinner. All the pieces of the puzzle.

Agreed. They do have all the pieces for the "perfect" Tomorrowland. I think MiLf and Buzz are the main problems. But they aren't "problems" in certain ways. I know that sounds weird. LOL.

I think TRON will also help and fit well, but I know that's a sore subject for many. It's not what the park needs now, but I know they want to "overhaul" Tomorrowland first, so it is what it is.

I'm also looking closely at how they "re-do" the Speedway.

I think they kind of phone it in a lot with Florida and they really shouldn't. It should indeed be the premier park, IMHO. Next to Walt's original Disneyland, of course. That has a whole different charm about it that makes it truly special.

PREMiERdrum

I'm curious as to if the blue/purple rocks were conceived of this new (old?) aesthetic direction or if that was a separate decision. While the new paint on the AstroOrbiter platform , new signage, and the lovely newish Joffrey's kiosk all gel quite well, the blue rocks blend only marginally better than the old tan ones did... meaning not at all.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom