News Tomorrowland love

brb1006

I really love how Disneyland's Fantasyland actually looks more attractive and really lived up to it's name since it's redesign in 1983.
ftn180934.jpg

filename-disneyland2.jpg

fantasylandwest-590x266.jpg

bavarian-village-fantasyland-disneyland.jpeg

Here's a video of the dedication ceremony of New Fantasyland opening from 1983.

mikejs78

Premium Member
Me too, it’s one of my favorites in WDW. However, during my past few visits I haven’t really been able to hear it. Sometimes it’s because the dance party stage thing is playing music way too loud, and sometimes the bgm itself is just too quiet to hear.
My last trip in April, I heard it quite a bit. But then I avoided the area during the dance parties.

I could live with the Tokyo version.

UpAllNight

Disney’s classic characters are their biggest IP so it seems amazing to me that we’re getting a Guardians ride but the likes of BatB, Lion King and Aladdin aren’t properly represented with rides. Fantasyland feels like a big waste to me in Florida. Even Disneyland lacks the kind of big ride Tokyo have in Pooh and soon BatB.

Br’er Rabbit

Disney’s classic characters are their biggest IP so it seems amazing to me that we’re getting a Guardians ride but the likes of BatB, Lion King and Aladdin aren’t properly represented with rides. Fantasyland feels like a big waste to me in Florida. Even Disneyland lacks the kind of big ride Tokyo have in Pooh and soon BatB.

BatB has a whole mini land in NFL with Enchates Tales and Be Our Guest and Lion King has its own show at AK and Aladdin has the flying carpets in Adventureland.

Not big E tickets, but they are represented in the parks.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
BatB has a whole mini land in NFL with Enchates Tales and Be Our Guest and Lion King has its own show at AK and Aladdin has the flying carpets in Adventureland.

Not big E tickets, but they are represented in the parks.

There's arguably a difference between "represented", which is what you detailed, and "properly represented", which Disney has done a poor job of doing. An old show, a spinner, a restaurant, and a glorified M&G are not exactly what many would consider proper treatment of movies that became instant classics and revitalized Disney Feature Animation in the early 90's.

Br’er Rabbit

There's arguably a difference between "represented", which is what you detailed, and "properly represented", which Disney has done a poor job of doing. An old show, a spinner, a restaurant, and a glorified M&G are not exactly what many would consider proper treatment of movies that became instant classics and revitalized Disney Feature Animation in the early 90's.

The “old show” is the best show that WDW offers band the restaurant is the best one at MK.

Not to mention the France pavilion is getting the BatB sing-a-long. But you guys won’t like that since Epcot can’t have any IP’s.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom