News Tomorrowland love

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
The “old show” is the best show that WDW offers band the restaurant is the best one at MK.

Not to mention the France pavilion is getting the BatB sing-a-long. But you guys won’t like that since Epcot can’t have any IP’s.

As Martin mentioned, it's not that Epcot can't have movie IP. But, a BatB sing-a-long?

(Looks at Tokyo's BatB...)

Way to aim high. And it's in the wrong park. And we're way off-topic.

Back on topic... There was a picture that showed some of the white paint running down the sign. Did they rush it? Kinda sounds like it, but maybe someone who knows more could confirm or deny.

yensidtlaw1969

I’m trying to be optimistic about this, but I have a hard time seeing how wiping away most traces of The New Tomorrowland and replacing them with a watered-down version of what was there before is somehow going to be an improvement.

As a fan of what they did in 1994, if they’re going to do away with that style then I’d rather they went in a totally new direction than just bring back the original look of the land. Retro can work in Tomorrowland, but I feel like this is the wrong kind of retro. It makes me think they don’t really have a master plan for Tomorrowland going forward.

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
Crazy idea incoming. Since they're trying to make Tomorrowland retro, and Future World more of a showcase for IP, what if they brought back the original Journey Into Imagination in Tomorrowland? I think it would complement the aesthetic nicely, and it would be a perfect fit for Magic Kingdom. Just put it where Buzz is because now that we have TSL, it's unnecessary.

Great minds! I had the same idea a few threads ago. Not that I could ever see it happening but Figment could be the IP to bridge Fastasyland and Tomorrowland. I believe Jim Hill even "speculated" on a Dreamfinder and Figment Meet and Greet in Tomorrowland at one point.

Last edited:

trainplane3

Crazy idea incoming. Since they're trying to make Tomorrowland retro, and Future World more of a showcase for IP, what if they brought back the original Journey Into Imagination in Tomorrowland? I think it would complement the aesthetic nicely, and it would be a perfect fit for Magic Kingdom. Just put it where Buzz is because now that we have TSL, it's unnecessary.
I'm a huge fan of the original but honestly, don't bring it back. Bring back what made it good (F&DF of course), but not a 1:1 recreation of the original. With today's tech I'm sure they could pull off some amazing things.

Obobru

My partner who's not a Disney fan but likes rides and going to any theme park went to Disney World in November and Disneyland last week and his take on Tomorrowland is that Anaheim's is nicer as it seems to have less junk all over unlike Orlando but he would like to see the people mover added back as the route looks amazing. He hated all the steampunk junk in Orlando and both visits were his first time visits to the US parks having been to Tokyo, HK and Paris a few times over the past few years he could see straight away that they had stuck parts of Paris into Orlando and he said it looked a confused mess. He's no Disney parks fan he gets dragged around to the parks by me but even he could see that it looks bad. I just showed him the new sign as we saw the hole from the people mover and he loves it, says it reminds him of the Incredicoaster design at DCA.

999th Happy Haunt

My partner who's not a Disney fan but likes rides and going to any theme park went to Disney World in November and Disneyland last week and his take on Tomorrowland is that Anaheim's is nicer as it seems to have less junk all over unlike Orlando but he would like to see the people mover added back as the route looks amazing. He hated all the steampunk junk in Orlando and both visits were his first time visits to the US parks having been to Tokyo, HK and Paris a few times over the past few years he could see straight away that they had stuck parts of Paris into Orlando and he said it looked a confused mess. He's no Disney parks fan he gets dragged around to the parks by me but even he could see that it looks bad. I just showed him the new sign as we saw the hole from the people mover and he loves it, says it reminds him of the Incredicoaster design at DCA.
I personally think Disneyland's is in farrrrrrrrr worse shape. There's a lot of bronze like on the Astro Orbiter that clashes hard with the rest of the land. And it's rough looking at that People Mover corpse. Even if it may look not the best it has right now, MK's Tomorrowland is pretty coherent throughout. People tend to forget that the 94 redo of the land made it the most cohesive it's every been, only after did things like Stitch and Laugh Floor come in and take away from the overall theme and dilute the land's story.

WDWTank

I’m trying to be optimistic about this, but I have a hard time seeing how wiping away most traces of The New Tomorrowland and replacing them with a watered-down version of what was there before is somehow going to be an improvement.

As a fan of what they did in 1994, if they’re going to do away with that style then I’d rather they went in a totally new direction than just bring back the original look of the land. Retro can work in Tomorrowland, but I feel like this is the wrong kind of retro. It makes me think they don’t really have a master plan for Tomorrowland going forward.

Go an 80s style route, like Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom