STOLPort Expansion

Goofyernmost

Because it’s the answer to a question about the current trailers.
So who asked a question about more trailers? I don't remember seeing any question like that. Sorry, for misunderstanding just because we were discussing a permit for new stuff and then all of a sudden I am looking at this 2011 article that seemed to have no connection to the discussion other then it was in the same area. I guess I must gear up my mind reading skills. There have been storage trailers there for years and years. Well before NFL. They were clearly visible when riding the Monorail to Epcot.

Goofyernmost

This project is adding more trailers beyond what was build in 2011.
Thanks, I appreciate the civil answer. I never knew that Imagineers had made a new home for themselves. I had never even noticed that there was anything there even for Fantasyland, other then the stuff that was there for a long time. Good use for wasted, cleared and expensive land. The engineering requirements for an airport runway is probably going to make that the most expensive parking lot in history.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
So who asked a question about more trailers? I don't remember seeing any question like that. Sorry, for misunderstanding just because we were discussing a permit for new stuff and then all of a sudden I am looking at this 2011 article that seemed to have no connection to the discussion other then it was in the same area. I guess I must gear up my mind reading skills. There have been storage trailers there for years and years. Well before NFL. They were clearly visible when riding the Monorail to Epcot.

msteel did....

What do the current trailers support?

djkidkaz

I noticed there was some sort of expansion happening behind Epcot at Imagineering. Looks like they are expanding over there as well probably due to the large scale renovation of epcot. Gonna need more space.

Monorail_Red_77

I noticed there was some sort of expansion happening behind Epcot at Imagineering. Looks like they are expanding over there as well probably due to the large scale renovation of epcot. Gonna need more space.
Yes, they are expanding the Imagineering Headquarters building at EPCOT. This is the main office for WDI at WDW. Though they have other offices around property too.

Here's a pic showing the WDI building expansion, near the bottom/right of the pic.
2018-11-12 - EPCOT - GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY - CONSTR - 004.jpg

Last edited:

Monorail_Red_77

Do they have dedicated evacuation equipment? I'd hate to see Imagineers trapped 4 feet about the ground for hours on end.
I heard they are gonna have a modified box truck with seating and screens on the sides that will make them feel like they are traveling on a ferry across the Seven Seas Lagoon. The "Land Ferry" will operate every 20 minutes throughout the day to allow workers access to and from their work spaces. :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

Stripes

The new building behind Epcot is also permanent and more than doubles the size of the field office from 20,000 sq ft to 50,000 sq ft roughly. Between the main FL WDI field office expansion and the STOLPort expansion, I think it's a sign that management is gearing up for continued heavy expansion of WDW.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom