STOLPort Expansion

truecoat

STOL.jpg

lazyboy97o

How do they handle restrooms in these facilities?
Modular buildings (as their purveys like to call them) aren’t camping trailers. They have full utility service and most come standard with a bathroom with normal fixtures that is connected to the local water and sewer service like any other building. They will even have break areas with drinking water and coffee.

peter11435

Up until the 90’s during the Eisner era most backstage offices and services at WDW were housed in trailers. It wasn’t until his architecture fetish led to the construction of casting, team Disney, etc that many of these were replaced with more permanent facilities. There are still trailer complexes used all around all 4 parks and many resorts that house back of house offices.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
How do they handle restrooms in these facilities?
In the case of Disney, I can all but guarantee that they will be tied into a septic system and will be just like any other bathroom in any other house.

Outside the world, it will depend on the field conditions.

If a septic system (either city or septic tank) exists they will often tie into it. If a septic system does not exist, they will typically just use portable chemical toilets outside of the building. On some occasions they will have a set up much like and RV with their own water supply and built in chemical toilet.

JoeCamel

In the case of Disney, I can all but guarantee that they will be tied into a septic system and will be just like any other bathroom in any other house.

Outside the world, it will depend on the field conditions.

If a septic system (either city or septic tank) exists they will often tie into it. If a septic system does not exist, they will typically just use portable chemical toilets outside of the building. On some occasions they will have a set up much like and RV with their own water supply and built in chemical toilet.
I wonder if they ran the Contemporary sewers down World before heading west to Bear Island. Looks like a straight shot west from Epcot so maybe it comes down and turns. Might have the Central shops run down that way too.
If that is the case they may not do septic and just tie in to main sewer at World Drive.

Either way I am sure it will be better than a porta let.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I wonder if they ran the Contemporary sewers down World before heading west to Bear Island. Looks like a straight shot west from Epcot so maybe it comes down and turns. Might have the Central shops run down that way too.
If that is the case they may not do septic and just tie in to main sewer at World Drive.

Either way I am sure it will be better than a porta let.
An easier solution might have been just to install a septic tank and drain field. Then all they need is water which could technically be done with an artesian well if running "city water" was too long of a run.

Doing that would make the water and sewage needs for the site somewhat off the grid and easy to remove or abandon if the site is ever decommissioned.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
Modular buildings (as their purveys like to call them) aren’t camping trailers. They have full utility service and most come standard with a bathroom with normal fixtures that is connected to the local water and sewer service like any other building. They will even have break areas with drinking water and coffee.

Yep, the all have sanitary sewer connections...

1544627383993.png

Missing20K

Or "Pre-manufactured Homes" as my father used to call them. Everyone should view them the same they would "trailer park homes" except these are a bit nicer. They even have triple wides....sweet.

Up until the 90’s during the Eisner era most backstage offices and services at WDW were housed in trailers. It wasn’t until his architecture fetish led to the construction of casting, team Disney, etc that many of these were replaced with more permanent facilities. There are still trailer complexes used all around all 4 parks and many resorts that house back of house offices.

You say that as though it were a bad thing. ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom