STOLPort Expansion

WDW Monorail

I wonder if they ran the Contemporary sewers down World before heading west to Bear Island. Looks like a straight shot west from Epcot so maybe it comes down and turns. Might have the Central shops run down that way too.
If that is the case they may not do septic and just tie in to main sewer at World Drive.

Either way I am sure it will be better than a porta let.
An easier solution might have been just to install a septic tank and drain field. Then all they need is water which could technically be done with an artesian well if running "city water" was too long of a run.

Doing that would make the water and sewage needs for the site somewhat off the grid and easy to remove or abandon if the site is ever decommissioned.

Everything North of the Contemporary, including flow from the Magic Kingdom, has to be pumped down World Drive.

This addition of this lift station means that there are about 30 pumping stations across the property.

WDW Monorail

Yep, the all have sanitary sewer connections...

View attachment 332837

The plan shows the forcemain connecting to an existing forcemain and rerouting of the existing forcemain. The pump specifications and details buried deeper in the plan set specify pumps with 85’ of head. Without seing more general utility plans of the area, I assume this is then being pumped in to the larger forcemain along World Drive.

tl77

So can one infer that these new trailers mean there might be a new expansion coming to Magic Kingdom? Since this was a staging area for New Fantasyland in 2011, or is this just a temporary set-up while they expand the WDI building behind Epcot? There's allegedly new monorails coming as well as a D23 this summer

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
So can one infer that these new trailers mean there might be a new expansion coming to Magic Kingdom? Since this was a staging area for New Fantasyland in 2011, or is this just a temporary set-up while they expand the WDI building behind Epcot? There's allegedly new monorails coming as well as a D23 this summer

It's likely to be staging for the new Reflections Wilderness Lodge Resort/DVC.

MaryJaneP

Master Yoda said, "An easier solution might have been just to install a septic tank and drain field"

Surely you know, it is likely, that none of the swampland upon which WDW is built, would ever pass a percolation test to support a properly sized drain (leach) field. (and sorry for calling you Shirley)

jt04

Nobody said all of them are for Reflections. Probably for a variety of projects.

If I had my say it would take a dozen trailers plus Imagineering. But that is a thread for another forum at a different time by somebody else. I reckin'.

Goofyernmost

What seems to be the confusing part to many is calling them trailers. True, they were pre-built offsite and rolled into place on tires and wheels, but, they are set up as permanent structures just like double wide mobile homes are or for that matter even single wide mobile homes. They are set in place and are hooked up to electricity, water and sewer be it septic tanks or sewage lines. It's use by Disney, are probably considered disposable, I would think. If they decide later to move the stuff elsewhere they don't have a huge investment in permanent foundations. They are strapped down for hurricane protection and are used as permanent structures until they aren't.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Master Yoda said, "An easier solution might have been just to install a septic tank and drain field"

Surely you know, it is likely, that none of the swampland upon which WDW is built, would ever pass a percolation test to support a properly sized drain (leach) field. (and sorry for calling you Shirley)
You would be shocked what can pass a perc test in Florida. Florida's sandy soil drains quite well even with a high water table. Even if it fails, a mound septic system is often an option.

The point is however moot as it was already revealed that they are connecting into a sewer system.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom