The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

93boomer

Premium Member
Sympathy like. Maybe the bad weather has something to do with it? Speaking of bad weather, @93boomer , and @Goofyernmost ,it looks like some bad weather is headed your way by the end of the week.
Yep unfortunately. We are getting prepared. Propane for the fireplace and grill. Water and food tomorrow. If you add up all the weather forecasters are saying, we could get up to 18 inches!!!😡Maybe it will be our biggest and not do much more this year. 😁Last year at this time, we had a big snow right before we left for Disney. We only had little snows of a couple of inches the rest of the winter.

MouseDreaming

Dang it. Got invited to my five year class reunion. They found me. :cautious:

Not that it's hard; all they would have had to do is type in my name on Facebook...
And the organizer and I have mutual friends, so...
Doesn't mean you have to go if you don't want to. I haven't made it to any of mine. I just look at the pictures after, and that is enough for me.

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
Yep unfortunately. We are getting prepared. Propane for the fireplace and grill. Water and food tomorrow. If you add up all the weather forecasters are saying, we could get up to 18 inches!!!😡Maybe it will be our biggest and not do much more this year. 😁Last year at this time, we had a big snow right before we left for Disney. We only had little snows of a couple of inches the rest of the winter.
At least you will have warm feet and good coffee to see you through :D

21stamps

My 2 older ones were the only ones that did preschool. They did nothing like T. It was more for learning how to use scissors without maiming yourself or someone else. They learned the alphabet, and did coloring. Nothing schoolwork-wise until Kindergarten. You mentioned T forgot some things he had learned just a couple of years later. My now 11 yr old was actually reading words at 1. I would write words on one of those magnetic drawing boards and she would read then. I am not sure if she read the or just had memorized them. There was a tv show called Wordworld that ds watched, so she watched with him. I noticed she picked up in the words. But it wasn’t skmething I practiced with her so of course a couple of years later she couldn’t read a thing. I am not sure how much school type knowledga an infant or toddler can keep in their memory.

I think if the 1st grade curriculum was building on everything the kids learn in PreK, K, then they would all retain it. Instead, they have to slow down a bit, and then a lot of kids lose some of the gains they’ve made.

Infant signing as an example too when it comes to babies and toddlers, they probably won’t retain all of it once older, but it served its purpose at the time...I don’t know if amphibians vs reptiles are serving a purpose.lol

21stamps

I just made the cut off for Kindergarten too... and I knew how to tie my shoes and read some, and my mom was like, SEND HER! LOL So I was 17 when I graduated too with 4 months to go until 18.

I really dislike how times have changed on birthdays. I have a summer bday, my brother has a very late summer bday, my sister’s bday is the last day of September.

If we were growing up in current times, at least 2 of us would have started a year later, and I’d be on the cusp.
I remember my sister being annoyed that she was still 17 when she went to college, and that she was definitely the last to drive.. but in the end it makes so much more sense than holding them back.

I hear so many people today say things like “Oh we waited a year because my son/daughter has a late bday.” As in- July.lol

I don’t know when that changed.

21stamps

Dang it. Got invited to my five year class reunion. They found me. :cautious:

Not that it's hard; all they would have had to do is type in my name on Facebook...
And the organizer and I have mutual friends, so...
My goodness... 5 years? Why so quickly? No one has even had time to change hair styles in 5 years. To think that I had my 50th reunion two and a half years ago, time sure does fly. All my class had was a 25th and the 50th. I signed on for the 75th already. Attendance should be light! According to the census out of 245 classmates, we have only lost about 22 of them and we are all at least 70 now. Just less then 10%. Don't know if that is the average, but, it seems good to me since I am one of the ones still here.
I had my 30 this year. :depressed: Didn’t go. Haven’t spoken to those people in 10 years. Went to the 20th. Prior to that hadn’t spoken to any of them, but for some I went to college with and post grad, for 20 years. Figured if I actually cared for any of them we would still be in touch.

I love my reunions! I’ve gone to every one. I think it’s so neat to see everyone and laugh about high school times.

We’ve had a few people pass away since high school, 1 who had a stroke in her sleep, 2 weeks ago, no prior health issues.

A couple of women had an idea for a scholarship fund in her name. Everyone donated, and there will be annual fundraisers in the future. It warms my heart to see how everyone came together. It’s so heartbreaking and shocking, her children are 10, 8, and 3 years old.

I think most of us are fairly active with former classmates and our former school, even when we live far away.

Anyway, StarWarsGirl, I say- Go and have fun! Also, I think it’s amusing to watch everyone change over the years, including yourself. :)

We’ve even had 2 elementary school reunions.. another one (sort of) is coming up this year, but sadly I’m not going. They’re tying it in to this huge anniversary gala for the school, so it won’t just be our class.. and I don’t want to go without a date, and I don’t want to bring a date.😂

Rista1313

I really dislike how times have changed on birthdays. I have a summer bday, my brother has a very late summer bday, my sister’s bday is the last day of September.

If we were growing up in current times, at least 2 of us would have started a year later, and I’d be on the cusp.
I remember my sister being annoyed that she was still 17 when she went to college, and that she was definitely the last to drive.. but in the end it makes so much more sense than holding them back.

I hear so many people today say things like “Oh we waited a year because my son/daughter has a late bday.” As in- July.lol

I don’t know when that changed.

Why would you be annoyed by being younger when you graduate? Hmmm I was happy to be starting life. My birthday is Sept 29, and I think back then (1975) the cut off was either Sept 30 or Oct 1.

Rista1313

I love my reunions! I’ve gone to every one. I think it’s so neat to see everyone and laugh about high school times.

We’ve had a few people pass away since high school, 1 who had a stroke in her sleep, 2 weeks ago, no prior health issues.

A couple of women had an idea for a scholarship fund in her name. Everyone donated, and there will be annual fundraisers in the future. It warms my heart to see how everyone came together. It’s so heartbreaking and shocking, her children are 10, 8, and 3 years old.

I think most of us are fairly active with former classmates and our former school, even when we live far away.

Anyway, StarWarsGirl, I say- Go and have fun! Also, I think it’s amusing to watch everyone change over the years, including yourself. :)

We’ve even had 2 elementary school reunions.. another one (sort of) is coming up this year, but sadly I’m not going. They’re tying it in to this huge anniversary gala for the school, so it won’t just be our class.. and I don’t want to go without a date, and I don’t want to bring a date.😂

We had our 30th reunion this year too. I was sad to see how many didn't come, but those of us who did come, had a fantastic time. We have 7 who are gone from our class now. 2 suicides, 3 car accidents, and 2 to cancer.

21stamps

Why would you be annoyed by being younger when you graduate? Hmmm I was happy to be starting life. My birthday is Sept 29, and I think back then (1975) the cut off was either Sept 30 or Oct 1.

There were a few night clubs where you could be 18 to get in.. so when my sister went to college and all of her friends were going to the clubs in August and September, she was one of the only ones who couldn’t enter.

21stamps

We had our 30th reunion this year too. I was sad to see how many didn't come, but those of us who did come, had a fantastic time. We have 7 who are gone from our class now. 2 suicides, 3 car accidents, and 2 to cancer.

It’s so sad when people pass away, I feel like we’re all still “young”. I’ve known 3 people who have died from strokes in the past 10 years now, no prior warnings at all. 2 others from ovarian cancer, including a cousin of mine. It’s always a shock and heartbreak for their families.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom