News Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge - Historical Construction/Impressions

Ismael Flores

Remember when Disney used to design their attraction facades to be visible from every visible angle, and make every effort to hide the showbuildings from guest view both inside and outside the park?

Those were the days.

non of the buildings are actually themed in the back side, The Pirates Building and Huanted Mansion buildign are just painted green and are visible from the outside as are the Splash mountain building and Indiana Jones. Even the old America sings building i not themed from the back and seen when riding the railroad. The only one that really has a themed back is Space Mountain and only the visible area from Mainstreet

Last edited:

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

I get what you are saying and you are certainly entitled to your opinion. But at the same time you have to realize there are still so many unknowns about this attraction, the queue, and the land as a whole. So while you keep saying things like "it'll take me out of my immersion" or "it'll stick out for me", you don't really know that yet. We are still 6-7 months away from the land opening. Several people, myself included, have provided potential ways they could still provide an immersive experience without actually boarding the physical model outside. It just seems though like you have it set in your mind that unless we enter that exact physical model that its already something that "sticks out". All I'm saying is take a step back and wait, you may actually be pleasantly surprised or maybe even wowed by how the queue gets you into the Falcon. And if the Imagineers have done their job right at the end of the day it won't even matter there is a physical model standing outside.
Again I only speak for myself. I get what you are saying. for all I know this could be a ride that rivals Indy for best ride at the park, but again I already know for me not being able to walk on the falcon I see out front is going to bug me. I do know that it will. it is a fact. doesn't mean I wont enjoy the ride, or that it wont blow my mid. but saying I should wait and see if it bugs me until more is known doesn't apply to me because I know it will bug me to a degree no matter what. again that is just me though.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Again I only speak for myself. I get what you are saying. for all I know this could be a ride that rivals Indy for best ride at the park, but again I already know for me not being able to walk on the falcon I see out front is going to bug me. I do know that it will. it is a fact. doesn't mean I wont enjoy the ride, or that it wont blow my mid. but saying I should wait and see if it bugs me until more is known doesn't apply to me because I know it will bug me to a degree no matter what. again that is just me though.

Well you do you. :)

SuddenStorm

Speaking of SWL, here’s another new unconfirmed People Mover rumor for you...

Has a valid rumor ever been announced on the subreddit? That community is great for fluff photos of merchandise and food, but is horrible when it comes to discussing rumors and park history. I swear I see "new rumor" threads pop up there all the time that have zero credibility.

People in that thread are speculating there that they'll announce the new peoplemover in 2019 o_O, ignoring the intensive marketing that will need to be done for Mickey's Runaway Railway and Marvel Land before then.

Obviously this doesn't line up with any of the current more valid rumors.

Hopefully one of our trusted insiders can either confirm or lay to rest this rumor (which is what I'm expecting).

mickEblu

Has a valid rumor ever been announced on the subreddit? That community is great for fluff photos of merchandise and food, but is horrible when it comes to discussing rumors and park history. I swear I see "new rumor" threads pop up there all the time that have zero credibility.

People in that thread are speculating there that they'll announce the new peoplemover in 2019 o_O, ignoring the intensive marketing that will need to be done for Mickey's Runaway Railway and Marvel Land before then.

Obviously this doesn't line up with any of the current more valid rumors.

Hopefully one of our trusted insiders can either confirm or lay to rest this rumor (which is what I'm expecting).

No they don’t have the best track record and yeah a TL announcement in 2019 makes no sense. Sometimes I just see/ hear things worded a different way and it catches my attention.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Speaking of SWL, here’s another new unconfirmed People Mover rumor for you...

Interesting. I think its too far of a jump to say they are looking to bring Peoplemover back. But I wouldn't be surprised if Disney has really asked for bids of various forms on the pillars and tracks. Everything from complete restoration to complete demolition, and everything in-between. With rumors of a complete overhaul of TL happening at some point in the future it would only make business sense to dust off old ideas and see the cost viability.

RescueTheDay

Fixing it only makes sense for a park so hemmed in and soon to be so deluged with guests. Once you exhaust building outwards, you build up, and hey, look, we have what could be an attraction that exists one floor up and can eat people!
It can eat people, but will it? It would attract large crowds when it first opens due to it being a classic attraction, but would probably falter quickly.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom