Trip Report Ice cream, BTMRR challenge and a Magical time .....Completed

Hi and welcome.

I’ve been home from our trip a week now and the cold, wet UK weather is depressing me so I’m going to get this TR started.

For those of you who have joined me before you’ll know I’m a bit mad on Disney - like everyone here I know but I literally just can’t get enough and really absorb every second of my time in the world. I also insist on ice cream every day when on holiday so expect ice cream photos along the way.

So the details.....

Myself and my husband Chris

8414C9DF-3D1D-44DA-8A4E-30759B72973F.jpeg

This was our 23rd visit to the world with all stays being 14 days or more with the exception of our special bonus March trip this year. It had been 229 days since I stepped out of the world and I was so ready to go back.

We left on the UK on 7th November and were scheduled to leave America on 21st November - (more on that Later as there were a few bumps along the way)

We stayed at Port Orleans Riverside (home) - all trips to Disney except my extra March trip have been here. I love Riverside, it’s just so peaceful after hectic days in the park and it had been a whole year since I had been here.

Isn’t it beautiful?

6649F0C1-62B1-4E74-AA80-D937D3FC157D.jpeg

And as for the rest of the TR title those of you who follow @Tuvalu TR’s will know she tags me in the BTMRR pictures. We both have a love for the ride and I curiously asked her how many times in a year she thinks she rides. So we’ve been counting and having a friendly challenge even though I thought I would never stand a change of winning it’s going to be fun to see how it turns out.

I managed to get an additional trip in this year during March and ended that trip on 7 rides (so maybe there was hope for me to win). @Tuvalu is there now though and is currently on 18 rides for the year........ So how many did I end up at?

So let’s get this started.......

Longers

Original Poster
Wednesday 7th Nov

Travel day - the day I had waited for for ages had finally arrived.
We stayed the night at a travel lodge hotel so we were at the airport to avoid any delays on the roads - if I ever got caught and couldn’t make my flight I would literally cry forever!

I woke up with a sore throat that had been lurking from the day before but was ready to go.

it was a miserable day in the UK

21347CF1-C63F-48F4-A1BE-D825B39E0672.jpeg

DBC6F867-BE5B-4706-AF5B-CCC022B3C69E.jpeg

E309228A-2B2E-467E-8174-7F86B35C92FF.jpeg

We grabbed breakfast in the airport and boarded our flight and were off.

351BA203-6AFD-498C-A7E1-0DD5C6174126.jpeg

It was a really good flight - we had the friendliest staff we’ve ever had on a flight. They were just talking to everyone and having fun.
We watched movies all the way - I even got to watch incredible 2

We had a smooth landing and were ready to get off that plane after sitting for over 9 hours

But.....

There was an announcement that the customs hall was too busy and the captain had been asked to hold us all on the plane so the crowds could clear.
This wasn’t sounding good!

There are several flights from the UK and our guess were they had all arrived before us today. :)

45 mins later the doors opened and we were allowed to disembark - we joined the back of the queue and I said to Chris we are going to be in this queue for an hour. Everyone was tired and the children were all crying. I did feel sorry for those parents with babies etc.

1 hour later we were finally through customs - the good news was the bags were there as they had been going around the carousel for ages.

The next challenge would be the hire car......
With all the other flights landing we knew there might be slim pickings and a car is part of Chris’s holiday now so I knew we could have an issue.
We arrived and had booked a standard SUV but it appeared that only mini vans were parked down the appropriate aisle.
Chris went back to the booth and enquired and within about 20 mins they had sorted us out a really nice car - Chris was happy and we were finally on our way back home to Riverside.

I can’t remeber what time we got there but it had been a really long day and we just wanted to eat and go to bed.
We checked in and opted for no housekeeping - I know 14 nights how would we do it but we’re not messy and to be honest the day we left our room it still looked as good as it did the day we arrived so it was worth getting the extra money (bearing in mind this holiday is not cheap by any means)

We got to our room, unpacked our clothes onto the bed just to avoid some creasing and then went to the food court for a drink and something to eat. Bellies filled we headed back to our room packed away our clothes and went to bed

We were finally home and were both ready to get our holiday started.

Songbird76

Wednesday 7th Nov

Travel day - the day I had waited for for ages had finally arrived.
We stayed the night at a travel lodge hotel so we were at the airport to avoid any delays on the roads - if I ever got caught and couldn’t make my flight I would literally cry forever!

I woke up with a sore throat that had been lurking from the day before but was ready to go.

it was a miserable day in the UK

View attachment 329274

View attachment 329276

View attachment 329275

We grabbed breakfast in the airport and boarded our flight and were off.

View attachment 329277

It was a really good flight - we had the friendliest staff we’ve ever had on a flight. They were just talking to everyone and having fun.
We watched movies all the way - I even got to watch incredible 2

We had a smooth landing and were ready to get off that plane after sitting for over 9 hours

But.....

There was an announcement that the customs hall was too busy and the captain had been asked to hold us all on the plane so the crowds could clear.
This wasn’t sounding good!

There are several flights from the UK and our guess were they had all arrived before us today. :)

45 mins later the doors opened and we were allowed to disembark - we joined the back of the queue and I said to Chris we are going to be in this queue for an hour. Everyone was tired and the children were all crying. I did feel sorry for those parents with babies etc.

1 hour later we were finally through customs - the good news was the bags were there as they had been going around the carousel for ages.

The next challenge would be the hire car......
With all the other flights landing we knew there might be slim pickings and a car is part of Chris’s holiday now so I knew we could have an issue.
We arrived and had booked a standard SUV but it appeared that only mini vans were parked down the appropriate aisle.
Chris went back to the booth and enquired and within about 20 mins they had sorted us out a really nice car - Chris was happy and we were finally on our way back home to Riverside.

I can’t remeber what time we got there but it had been a really long day and we just wanted to eat and go to bed.
We checked in and opted for no housekeeping - I know 14 nights how would we do it but we’re not messy and to be honest the day we left our room it still looked as good as it did the day we arrived so it was worth getting the extra money (bearing in mind this holiday is not cheap by any means)

We got to our room, unpacked our clothes onto the bed just to avoid some creasing and then went to the food court for a drink and something to eat. Bellies filled we headed back to our room packed away our clothes and went to bed

We were finally home and were both ready to get our holiday started.
Yay!! I'm so curious as to who wins the challenge!!
Question....did they ask you if you wanted to opt out of mousekeeping, or did you just tell them when you checked in that you'd like to decline? We spend so little time in the room that it doesn't have a chance to get dirty, so we want to do that this Summer, too...save some cash.

Longers

Original Poster
First one here!! Wouldn’t miss this TR for the world! 😊

I knew you’d be here!

I'm in! Can't wait to hear all about it!!

Welcome & thanks

I'm in too! Finally have the advantage of the EU time zone to follow your adventures Thank for sharing your TR!:hilarious::hilarious:

Glad your here and thanks

Yay!

I've been looking forward to this!!

I knew you would have been and you were never far from our thoughts.

Thank you

Oh man, @Tuvalu and @Longers trip reports at the same time? Christmas came early!
In all seriousness, I love your commentary so count me in!

You’re too kind - I hope I don’t disappoint

Longers

Original Poster
Yay!! I'm so curious as to who wins the challenge!!
Question....did they ask you if you wanted to opt out of mousekeeping, or did you just tell them when you checked in that you'd like to decline? We spend so little time in the room that it doesn't have a chance to get dirty, so we want to do that this Summer, too...save some cash.

There was a sign on the check in desk so we just said is this for housekeeping and were told yes so we did it. We phoned housekeeping for clean towels which they brought. We did ask for clean bed sheets after a week but were told that as we opted out they wouldn’t change but would bring the clean sheets. You can also get rubbish collected.

Woohoo!!! A @Longers report always has me wanting ice cream when I read it. Lol

There will be lots of ice cream! Get prepared.......

I'm here!!!!!!!!

Yay

I've been so looking forward to your trip report! Your love of Disney really shines through in all your TR's. Love it so far and we are just getting started!

That’s so kind - it’s sometimes difficult to express into words but I try.
Thanks for following

I’m here!!! 🤗

Welcome

Y'ou can count on me being here! Been waiting for your trip report to get us more excited about leaving in 10 days. Can't wait for the ice cream pictures. I'm going to try Ample Hills for the first time, no matter how far it is to get too:)

You know me - there will be ice cream

YAY!! I'm in!

Glad to have you here

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom