Trip Report Ice cream, BTMRR challenge and a Magical time .....Completed

Hi and welcome.

I’ve been home from our trip a week now and the cold, wet UK weather is depressing me so I’m going to get this TR started.

For those of you who have joined me before you’ll know I’m a bit mad on Disney - like everyone here I know but I literally just can’t get enough and really absorb every second of my time in the world. I also insist on ice cream every day when on holiday so expect ice cream photos along the way.

So the details.....

Myself and my husband Chris

8414C9DF-3D1D-44DA-8A4E-30759B72973F.jpeg

This was our 23rd visit to the world with all stays being 14 days or more with the exception of our special bonus March trip this year. It had been 229 days since I stepped out of the world and I was so ready to go back.

We left on the UK on 7th November and were scheduled to leave America on 21st November - (more on that Later as there were a few bumps along the way)

We stayed at Port Orleans Riverside (home) - all trips to Disney except my extra March trip have been here. I love Riverside, it’s just so peaceful after hectic days in the park and it had been a whole year since I had been here.

Isn’t it beautiful?

6649F0C1-62B1-4E74-AA80-D937D3FC157D.jpeg

And as for the rest of the TR title those of you who follow @Tuvalu TR’s will know she tags me in the BTMRR pictures. We both have a love for the ride and I curiously asked her how many times in a year she thinks she rides. So we’ve been counting and having a friendly challenge even though I thought I would never stand a change of winning it’s going to be fun to see how it turns out.

I managed to get an additional trip in this year during March and ended that trip on 7 rides (so maybe there was hope for me to win). @Tuvalu is there now though and is currently on 18 rides for the year........ So how many did I end up at?

So let’s get this started.......

Longers

Original Poster
So work has finished for the day so let’s get on with this

Thursday 8th November - our first Disney day.

We both slept well but with the time difference we were awake at 3am US time (8am UK time)
We spoke a little and then drifted in and out of sleep until 5am - we hit the TV button to watch Stacey.
It’s funny to watch now as they’ve obviously had to add in fresh bits as the park has updated but no Disney trip is complete without watching her.

We were showered dressed and ready by 6am so we decided to head to Wallmart for some water, and bagels for Chris’s breakfast.
As we drove up it looked closed - but on further inspection it was open and we were basically shopping alone.

We were back at our room and at the Magic Kingdom bus stop by 8am and were in the Magic Kingdom shortly after 8.15am - we were doing well so far, the sun was out and it was a lovely warm Floridian day.

We were greeted with this

ED8894B8-7E8A-428B-A44A-605CA095D37D.jpeg

I was struggling with the tears but I was so happy to be home I literally couldn’t stop grinning.

One thing I did notice on this day was a guy dressed as the beast - he had a pretty good outfit on and his own beard. I did consider trying to take a sly picture but there wasn’t really an opportunity.

As the park opened we headed to Peter Pan - we all know the queues that build up there so we wanted to tick this one off Our list early.

Then we headed to HM - one of my favourites - look at that blue sky.

925610DC-BBC4-454C-98D2-81634B37D2A6.jpeg

CE93E583-CE7F-4D49-975C-1234A3406BBF.jpeg

E2FC79A6-9122-4947-8C99-9A4E36249950.jpeg

Next stop BTMRR - I had to start racking up these rides if I was going to get anywhere in this friendly challenge.

But........

The queue already looked long and we were trying to do a “speedy” - when we try to do as many rides as possible before the queues start. Chris reminded me that standing in this queue would cost us time and we had a FP for BTMRR later

So....

We bailed! Bailing rides etc became something on this trip that happened quite a few times

We headed to pirates but we’re faced with cast members saying the ride was down - things weren’t going our way.

We decided at this stage to slow things down and headed to the People mover. We took in all the sights and sounds of everything Magic Kingdom. I literally seem to take photos in my mind to preserve everything to last me between trips. I take loads of photos too but I really do appreciate everything. During our ride I told Chris how hungry I was. I needed food and as I hadn’t eaten on the plane and we’d only shared a chicken nuggets last night I wasn’t surprised.

We found cosmic rays open at 10.30am - result - the best bit was it was empty - we had the whole place to ourselves.

After lunch we headed to the judges tent to look at goodies (cakes, treats, etc) We were only window shopping though.

Our next stop would be to see Donald and Goody in the judges tent but while standing in the queue Chris mentioned ice cream - you don’t have to say that twice to me when I’m on holiday - so ...... yet again we bailed - ice cream was calling me!

There were no queues at the tea cups so rather than look a gift horse in the mouth we stopped for a little spin

5860154F-DC88-4671-A2F3-487A21AE06E1.jpeg

Back to Main Street for ice cream - is there anything better than sitting in the Magic Kingdom eating ice cream - I think not!

D89557FD-AA4D-4E01-8CD8-E7B14FB0CA71.jpeg

I hardly have ice cream at home but while on holiday it just has to happen!

After our ice creams we headed to our BTMRR FP - it was finally time to ride after several long months of waiting. I virtually skipped my way over to that queue.

As we headed up the FP queue we came across a photopass photographer - I obviously wasn’t going to pass up that opportunity.

8390D7C3-AD78-4195-B390-AC13547550CE.jpeg

Yay here we go - ride number 1 of this trip but number 8 in the challenge

45370529-96A8-4CC5-9EEE-6FB5147B23DF.jpeg

It was so much fun, we laughed and screamed all the way round. Right there we were both happy and living the dream of being in Disney.

After our wildest ride in the wilderness we headed to our HM FP and then headed to Mickey’s Philharmagic - those of you who know me well know I do the “everybody look left” “everybody look right” actions while watching this.
We normally sit near to the back but we decided to sit just a few rows from the front this time. I wonder how many people noticed what we were doing and we’re laughing?
It’s the little things and memories you make that still make me smile now.

It’s true memories you make here last a lifetime.

Longers

Original Poster
Following along :)

Thank you - welcome

I'm here andsitting on 5 BTMRR rides, might get to squeeze one in this weekend. Think we might take the son to ride the moving park bench before it shuts down on Dec 2nd. @Tuvalu (have you and the hubs gotten your last rides in and are you there this weekend?) Looking forward to see how many @Longers gets by the end of the trip report.

So jealous you get to go this weekend. I can only dream. Have fun.
And all will be revealed on the BTMRR rides.....

Longers

Original Poster
Thursday 8th Nov cont....

So continuing where we left off - We we were absorbing the fact we were in Disney - we were actually here sitting in the Magic Kingdom I was loving my life and hoping it could stay like this forever.

19A1C7F6-1B86-4737-83E8-F87CB138D1E3.jpeg

B4A2AFB2-E9EA-4874-877B-A01002CF59FA.jpeg

We people watched for a while. I always find it hard to watch children who are taken to Disney and really don’t know how lucky they are to be there. For years I have wanted my nephews to experience this but the cost has been too much - that changes in 2019 - more on that later.

We needed to cool down and rest so we headed to carousel of progress. I like the back story of Walt and this ride. I am so sad he never got to see what his vision turned out to be like.

F7C93158-14A0-4370-AC0A-5002408EF220.jpeg

We then headed to Main Street as we had a parade to watch.

D5419CF0-3EDB-4B99-9C82-61BC804A5748.jpeg

57933ED3-41F5-4994-AB9E-81DCB27132E4.jpeg

Longers

Original Poster
I'm so excited to read your trip report! It will keep me busy until my trip in 41 days!!!!

I so wish I had it all to look forward to all over again!
You’ll have a fab time

I've been looking forward to another one of your trip reports. I haven't been to Riverside since October 2016 and it feels like forever!!!!

hi there, I feel your pain for me a year was enough!

Definitely need to follow your TR to find out who will win the BTMRR challenge 😂

Thanks - welcome

View attachment 329442
Kricket and I are following along, and we say BRING ON THE ICE CREAM!!!!

Too cute! There will be plenty of ice cream don’t worry.

I can't wait to read about the rest of your adventures. Cute ears too!

Thanks - made them myself!
Side note I went to Japan to tap that horse you mentioned in your trip report but there was rope there and while I was tempted to jump over I didn’t want to be evicted from the park - so what are they made from?

I'm looking forward to hearing all about your adventures. Love your enthusiasm!

Thank you and welcome - there are 14 days in total so it might take a while but I’ll do my best......

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I so wish I had it all to look forward to all over again!
You’ll have a fab time

hi there, I feel your pain for me a year was enough!

Thanks - welcome

Too cute! There will be plenty of ice cream don’t worry.

Thanks - made them myself!
Side note I went to Japan to tap that horse you mentioned in your trip report but there was rope there and while I was tempted to jump over I didn’t want to be evicted from the park - so what are they made from?

Thank you and welcome - there are 14 days in total so it might take a while but I’ll do my best......

The horses are fiberglass. They look like stone though.

Longers

Original Poster
So ready for ice cream and big thunder! Following along.

Plenty of that to come

I'm here!!! Sorry we missed each other :oops:

Me too :(. But definitely next time.

The horses are fiberglass. They look like stone though.

As I thought but thanks for confirmimg

I like your Mickey ears--very festive! :)

Thank you - I made a few pairs to keep me amused before we left and was actually really proud of myself at how they turned out.

Glad your report is here
I am looking forward to hearing all about it
I had a longing for it to start

Max

Thanks Max - good to have you here.

Longers

Original Poster
Thursday 8th Nov cont

As it was so hot out everyone had congregated on the other side of the pavement with not a gap to be seen. We found a spot on the other side and literally sat down with about 10 mins to wait.

I love a parade! If I am in the Magic Kingdom at the time of a parade I have to watch. It doesn’t matter whether that’s on the pavement, from the hub grass, or somewhere along the parade route - as long as I watch.

We started amused outprselves while we waited.

C438DD98-B9E6-4B9B-9E07-C14960D88587.jpeg

18DD3FD8-FB55-4D90-AB99-C966E72144A4.jpeg

762DA12C-708F-41B4-AE01-26D957B3B5E9.jpeg

DBBB23F2-1D55-4D50-929A-D9AE80E4C49C.jpeg

9F162856-E608-452F-8890-4127C187E0AA.jpeg

It was time.........

The parade was coming. I got a bit emotional as the music started. I don’t know about others but it’s just a feel good moment in a Magic Kingdom day. If you look around people are smiling, dancing, singing. Little children are waiting for the anticipation of what’s to come (and the adults). It’s just so magical.

And the even better part is that the other love of my life (the beast) is in it too.

237D2C6D-D3E3-4067-A4DA-93FE6186373A.jpeg

73169191-5190-4518-B780-167CA5BC2E20.jpeg

4869DAA1-044D-4605-9B97-25381F8F45B9.jpeg

585749F6-1755-4B41-B080-48183CD55C2B.jpeg

2D6DFD75-7307-4494-AFB2-30F6ECCF36F7.jpeg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom